Work Permit

Just got my work permit back and was only renewed for 6 months,visa 12 months

was told must reapply again in 6 months as its a new rule only extend for 6 months,had work permit for 5 years.

can anyone confirm this

How long is your contract valid for?

I am employed by my own company

Never heard on this one before, just got my work permit back this week for another year without any problems. In your case I would go back to the labour departement and ask for the reason, they will ("must") have an explanation for that. Otherwise they just gave you the work permit for the time your visa is valid (in case you don't have a 1year visa).

How long is your contract valid for?

I am employed by my own company

Also now factored in along with any contact expiry date is: what does your company do, what professional organisation (if any) do you/your company belong to plus when are the renewal fees due, what area you work in, etc?

Nowadays, for example, Labour will curtail your Work Permit term to say match a TAT License renewal date held by your company, or the expiry/renewal date of fees paid to a work related professional body.

I had a friend who owns his own company and was given only a 6 month extension. The issue was that the company was not showing profit / sufficient revenue as well as paid up capital not being where it should be; not sure about this, but he said he had not paid up a high enough percentage of the 2m in the course of a couple of year. They gave him 6 months WP extension to sort it out. This was followed also by a visit to his office by the boys from the government to see his employees.

I on the other hand had an extension of 10 months so that the WP would run in tandem with a business license; they both ended on the same day after the 10 months from the wp.