Multi-Monitor Adaptor For Laptops - Seeking In Udon Thani

saanya

I am running Linux on a Thinkpad Edge and need to run multiple monitors to do my work effectively.

The Edge seems like a good machine but not a tall enough screen. Right now I have an Acer AL2251W 22" widescreen hooked into the VGA port and working well using the AMD Graphics controls in Ubuntu.

But I really need to add a second large monitor, and when back in the US would have chosenb something like this:

Matrox GXM DualHead2Go

"GXM See more. Do more. Be more productive.

DualHead2Go and TripleHead2Go are external multi monitor adapters that let you connect two or three monitors to your laptop or desktop computer. They connect to the video output of your system and use its existing GPU to provide high-quality, uncompressed graphics and video across all monitors. These little black boxes are perfect to bring multi-monitor functionality to computers with one monitor, such as systems with integrated graphics or with no available expansion slots, or systems that are already closed and validated.

• Connects two or three monitors to your system, and lets you see more, do more.
  • Supports VGA, DVI or DisplayPort monitors or projectors running standard or widescreen resolutions
  • Works with laptops and desktop computers, PC or Mac"

I would like to find something similar in Udon Thani, anyone know a place to try out? I was in Central but didn't see anything and people there didn't know enough tech to really accept that these even exist.

I can bring back the ad for it and model number but they'll probably just say they have to order it.

Which is my second question, -perhaps there's a place in Korat I can order from? Or even BKK?