How Hard Can It Be?

nocturn

are you competing with semper for the most irrelevant reply possible?

you certainly can be amusing, but do you think you succeeded here?

Tell you what I'll give you a serious reply.

The condition you describe is the condition that most of us find ourselves in.

We are capable of love but we have all had our Mills & Boon romance, normally with the lady we loved and married back in our home countries.

You don't get two Mills & Boon romances, for the simple reason being that the ghost of the first always haunts the second, and the third, and so on.

So everything is tempered with experience, and as a rule of thumb the older you get the more experienced you become in relationships. ( doesn't always apply as some people stick to one lady all their lives ).

So a lot of us are decent, kind, and loving men, but we are also a little bit weary and defensive. That's a shame, because a lot of times our potential new partners pay the price for the ghosts of relationships past.

So if I was you.........content yourself being happy in yourself, and just see what happens.

ps......and try not to put up topic titles like that one biggrin.png

edited for clarity.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Most of us are completely capable of looking after ourselves. We don't need a full time mother, cook and house cleaner. You can hire someone for house cleaning if you are too lazy to do it yourself, and in Thailand, cooking is not really necessary. It's just as cheap to eat in one of the thousands of food stalls or Thai cafes. I wouldn't WANT to have inflicted myself on some poor woman when I eventually get too old to function as a man. It's much more convenient for EVERYONE to just hire rentals for whatever your needs are. If and when I get too old to look after myself I'll just hire a nurse to take care of things. In Canada you just get dumped in geriatric wing of the public hospital to live out your final days.

Relax, Semper is way better than me!!

You each have your good points but verbalize them differently.

I like to deflect the praise as far away as possible so I can sneak round the corner and hit you on the blind side.

Anyway, f1 has a poing

The Crime....Opening your heart on TV

The Punishment....knowing that this thread will haunt you forever.

Hi ‘nocturn’

You say…” it really isn't that hard to get it right if you are willing to try” Read your topic, the first thing that sprang to mind was the phrase; ‘it takes two to tango’

I’m happy for you, if you feel all has worked out amicably. But it’s not about how willing you are to try…It about how willing you both are, I think your lucky.

You are possibly in a minority in Thailand.