Thailand To Offer Compensation For Slain Japanese Cameraman Muramoto

webfact

A cheap trick to scam Japanese investors to believe that this was an aberration and would never happen again, and again, and again, and...

Look at the political killing every election time and any time there is a block to some big wheel who want s to ramp up an investment

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume there's a reason the Japanese guys life is worth more than a Thai life, right?

This is what - 30% above the compensation being discussed for the Thai victims of the red-shirt camp break up?

at least they are putting worth on thai life!

that's the point i was trying to get to before, they offered fabio polenghi's family money at a time when they offered nothing of substance to thai families!

just a middle finger.

I presume there's a reason the Japanese guys life is worth more than a Thai life, right?

This is what - 30% above the compensation being discussed for the Thai victims of the red-shirt camp break up?

that's the point i was trying to get to before, they offered fabio polenghi's family money at a time when they offered nothing of substance to thai families!

just a middle finger.

2011-05-18

"Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s administration has tried to heal wounds by offering compensation to victims: 400,000 baht ($13,000) payments to those who lost loved ones, lesser amounts to those injured, and lifetime monthly assistance to the disabled."

http://www.ids-th.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=436:unhealed-wounds-one-year-after-military-crackdown-ended-protests-thailand-still-divided&catid=35:total-article&Itemid=59

2011-08-23

"Minister Okada asked that the truth be found as soon as possible regarding the incident resulting in Mr. Muramoto's death and that compensation be made to cover damages incurred by Japanese companies during the demonstrations."

http://www.mofa.go.jp/region/asia-paci/thailand/visit_okada_1008.html

just a middle finger.

2011-05-18

"Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s administration has tried to heal wounds by offering compensation to victims: 400,000 baht ($13,000) payments to those who lost loved ones, lesser amounts to those injured, and lifetime monthly assistance to the disabled."

http://www.ids-th.or...ticle&Itemid=59

2011-08-23

"Minister Okada asked that the truth be found as soon as possible regarding the incident resulting in Mr. Muramoto's death and that compensation be made to cover damages incurred by Japanese companies during the demonstrations."

http://www.mofa.go.j...okada_1008.html

yes, so they offered fabio polenghi's family money at a time when they offered nothing of substance to thai families!

and i did say 'nothing of substance'... plus do you know when abhisit made these offers, was it close to elections?

just a middle finger.

2011-05-18

http://www.ids-th.or...ticle&Itemid=59

2011-08-23

http://www.mofa.go.j...okada_1008.html

yes, so they offered fabio polenghi's family money at a time when they offered nothing of substance to thai families!

and i did say 'nothing of substance'... plus do you know when abhisit made these offers, was it close to elections?

Do you know what the 'normal' compensation is to Thai with an insurance, who die in an accident?

With some Thai people being very poor, what is an amount of substance?

Is the offer of a letter of condolences and a reminder of 'you can get money too' (parliament just approved budget) made just at the moment the PM steps in a plane to go to Japan to 'improve confidence' after a flooding well done?

Are we hypocrites or just being very cynical?

• Like 1

Do you know what the 'normal' compensation is to Thai with an insurance, who die in an accident?

Is the offer of a letter of condolences and a reminder of 'you can get money too' (parliament just approved budget) made just at the moment the PM steps in a plane to go to Japan to 'improve confidence' after a flooding well done?

my point was that if foreigners get compensation when being killed in the same live fire zones as thai's were killed, then the thai's should get an equal amount.

i am very aware of the status quo of the amount of importance that's given to thai's dying in accidents.

btw when exactly were these offers of 400,000bht compensation made?

and regarding your questioning of the timing of this offer to muramato's family, of course it's fair enough to assume it ties in with japanese relations.

but it wouldn't be fair enough to assume that this is only being offered to please japan and nothing else because it would have been offered to his family no matter what by PTP, considering compensation for 2010 was always going to strongly pushed by them... that was a given.

Sometimes the payment is set to compare with the yearly income of the person killed (ex 2 yearly salaries). That is what I have seen quoted in outside-court agreements in Thailand that the Police has presided over.

• Like 1

my point was that if foreigners get compensation when being killed in the same live fire zones as thai's were killed, then the thai's should get an equal amount.

i am very aware of the status quo of the amount of importance that's given to thai's dying in accidents.

and regarding your questioning of the timing of this offer to muramato's family, of course it's fair enough to assume it ties in with japanese relations.

but it wouldn't be fair enough to assume that this is only being offered to please japan and nothing else because it would have been offered to his family no matter what by PTP, considering compensation for 2010 was always going to strongly pushed by them... that was a given.

The compensation offered to the relatives of Mr. Muramoto is offered by the Thai government, not by Pheu Thai party. Minor detail, but indicative of a certain mindset. The relatives of the deceased have never been named, so the letter probably goes to the Japanese MoFA to pass on.

The offering of condolences written by the PM (as government representative) is nice, but done already a few times by k. Abhisit. Therfore it's just any old trick allowed when a PM with economical team goes to a country to improve relation, restore confidence, etc., etc. note that in August, 2011 when the Japanese MoFA was here he only mentioned 'truth around Mr. Muramoto's death AND compensation for Japanese companies'.

Oh and by the way, it's not Thai entitled to the same compensation as Mr. Muramoto, but the other way round. Not that it matters for this particular topic.

• Like 1

The compensation offered to the relatives of Mr. Muramoto is offered by the Thai government, not by Pheu Thai party. Minor detail, but indicative of a certain mindset. The relatives of the deceased have never been named, so the letter probably goes to the Japanese MoFA to pass on.

The offering of condolences written by the PM (as government representative) is nice, but done already a few times by k. Abhisit. Therfore it's just any old trick allowed when a PM with economical team goes to a country to improve relation, restore confidence, etc., etc. note that in August, 2011 when the Japanese MoFA was here he only mentioned 'truth around Mr. Muramoto's death AND compensation for Japanese companies'.

Oh and by the way, it's not Thai entitled to the same compensation as Mr. Muramoto, but the other way round. Not that it matters for this particular topic.

"it's not Thai entitled to the same compensation as Mr. Muramoto, but the other way round."

good grief

"The compensation offered to the relatives of Mr. Muramoto is offered by the Thai government, not by Pheu Thai party. Minor detail"

and who do you think is pushing hard for compensation for 2010? minor detail, but indictave of a certain mindset.

"it's not Thai entitled to the same compensation as Mr. Muramoto, but the other way round."

good grief

"The compensation offered to the relatives of Mr. Muramoto is offered by the Thai government, not by Pheu Thai party. Minor detail"

and who do you think is pushing hard for compensation for 2010? minor detail, but indictave of a certain mindset.

It doesn't matter that lastly the Pheu Thai and it's UDD leader party list MP's have pushed for compensation, it doesn't matter that the previous government already offered a (lower) compensation. what matters is that this compensation is part of the National budget and as such offered by the current government representing Thailand and the Thai people.

Since some don't like my 'yes, love. no, love. whatever, love', let me finish this post with the words of one of my fiends: "I'm passed caring'coffee1.gif

It doesn't matter that lastly the Pheu Thai and it's UDD leader party list MP's have pushed for compensation, it doesn't matter that the previous government already offered a (lower) compensation. what matters is that this compensation is part of the National budget and as such offered by the current government representing Thailand and the Thai people.

Since some don't like my 'yes, love. no, love. whatever, love', let me finish this post with the words of one of my fiends: "I'm passed caring'coffee1.gif

just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

It's a strange world. I worked in the UK construction industry. The efforts to avoid any form of accident were extreme. A zero risk culture. Climbing 1m off the ground was working at height. Every situation was risked accessed. An on site accident would have risked the wrath of the HSE and vilifying in the Press. How come we have journalists getting in the line of fire in a what was effectively a war zone? My risk assessment says they should not have been there. I can think of no preventative measure that makes it safe. Why should the Thai people pay compensation. Surely it should be the newspaper / media proprietors and their senior management that should be taking the rap and paying the compensation required. If he was self employed then he alone was responsible. He should have assessed the situation and gone home.

• Like 1

my sincere condolenses to the family of the poor guy but what about compensation for the people of her own country who have had to shell out money for hospital medication for there selves and their kids for what is happening now in the north. the rest of the world is thinking green . its time for Mrs Prime minster to take action.