Z1000 Fuel

kawapower

Cool sounds great! I wanted to look at a sports tourer but as they don't sell the ninja1000 here I am interested in the z1000 instead, it looks cooler anyway, so it has some plus points too!

Everyone looks at it because it is a new model and it just looks so awesome

your right ,it does look awesome

i parked beside one last week in a car wash

the er6n looked like a toy compared to it ,that z1000 is one mean looking bike

thai people are always telling me the er6n is beautiful ,if only they wouldnt press

buttons and fuc_k around with it when its parked but thats another thread ......

Cool sounds great! I wanted to look at a sports tourer but as they don't sell the ninja1000 here I am interested in the z1000 instead, it looks cooler anyway, so it has some plus points too!

Everyone looks at it because it is a new model and it just looks so awesome

your right ,it does look awesome

i parked beside one last week in a car wash

the er6n looked like a toy compared to it ,that z1000 is one mean looking bike

thai people are always telling me the er6n is beautiful ,if only they wouldnt press

buttons and fuc_k around with it when its parked but thats another thread ......

I love it more than my gf!!!!

Okay my gf has just called 2 shops in the Bangkok area, answer to the fuel question, always use 95 gasohol or 95 benzine, if can't get 95 gasohol you can use 91 benzine, fill up with 95 gasohol as soon as you can find.

It would appear that the guy from Kawasaki Phuket has got mixed up and given the correct information back to front!!!

Edited by kawapower

Use 91 all the time if you can, and 95 gasohol when 91 not available, it`s ok on both ....

BUT the reason is the more peeps that use 91 the less chance these so called Goverment experts will feel the need to discontinue 91 benzene...

Happy and safe riding on your new bike...that`s the top priority....

If a motorcycle manufacturer writes in the manual, as in the case with the Kawasaki Z1000, to use RON 95 fuel (or fuel with an octane rating of 95) you better use 95 as your standard fuel.

Using RON 91 (octane 91) fuel in a motorcycle which needs RON 95 will overtime damage the internals of the engine. You get problems with fuel prematurely igniting. "The problem of premature ignition is referred to as pre-ignition and also as engine knock, which is a sound that is made when the fuel ignites too early in the compression stroke." Obvious, if the fuel-air mixture ignite prematurely it will seriously damage your engine...

So USE RON 95 fuel if the manufacturer says so.... You can also read the WIKIPedia about Octane-Rating

beat me to it and 100% correct, the problem is that your bike is carb and not injection, most injection bikes have variable ignition fueling and have a knock sensor which allows them to adapt to most types of fuel unfortunately to change the fueling on a carbed bike you have to modify the carbs, use 95 ron or 91 with an octaine additive, pre ignition can and will seriously damage your engine.

That is fast, I have also seen a you-tube Z1000 doing 250kph way to fast for me!!! I am happy driving slower listening to the sound of the engine, my mate says it looks like a stealth fighter from the back, I agree it looks <deleted> mean, this bike is just <deleted> awesome, forget the Ducati Monster and spend the extra money on a truly superbike!!!

Edited by kawapower

I looks and sounds even better with the twin Akrapovic exhausts on.

beat me to it and 100% correct, the problem is that your bike is carb and not injection,

No, the Z1000 has fuel injection. So do all other big bikes for sale here.

I looks and sounds even better with the twin Akrapovic exhausts on.

beat me to it and 100% correct, the problem is that your bike is carb and not injection,

No, the Z1000 has fuel injection. So do all other big bikes for sale here.

Rock on, only bhp difference and emissions.smile.png

As far as I am aware and have been told there is only one gas station on Phuket that sells 95 benzine but obviously 95 gashol is readily available, so much easier in the UK!!!

So the sticker on the tank is saying, benzine, gasohol(E10) 95 in other words, use benzine 95 or 95 gasohol!!.

I assume the first 2 tanks of 91 will do no harm?

YEP, i see a very big 95 on your picture. You should respect it smile.png

Okay cheers guys and a good discussion, you have to ask yourself though, why does the dealer insist on using 91 benzine when it clearly says 95 on the tank and in the manual, is it because they don't care or some other reason?

Simply because they don't understand better.

This bike likes to drink fuel!!!!

a litre bike tank should have a bigger tank ,20-25 litres would be better than 15.5

how many km are you gettting before the fuel light starts flashing ? i can get 175-200

if im lucky on er6n

As far as I am aware and have been told there is only one gas station on Phuket that sells 95 benzine but obviously 95 gashol is readily available, so much easier in the UK!!!

So the sticker on the tank is saying, benzine, gasohol(E10) 95 in other words, use benzine 95 or 95 gasohol!!.

I assume the first 2 tanks of 91 will do no harm?

YEP, i see a very big 95 on your picture. You should respect it smile.png

Okay cheers guys and a good discussion, you have to ask yourself though, why does the dealer insist on using 91 benzine when it clearly says 95 on the tank and in the manual, is it because they don't care or some other reason?

probably because that what he tells everyone who buys a bike be it your 1000 or a ninjette

Why? If the compression of the engine is high enough then it won't be able to run properly with 91 no matter what anti knock sensors it has, it might run without knocking but would be severely down on performance, Hence why they might not recommend it.

Why? If the compression of the engine is high enough then it won't be able to run properly with 91 no matter what anti knock sensors it has, it might run without knocking but would be severely down on performance, Hence why they might not recommend it.

It's a high copmpreeion engine 11.8:1 the manual says 95 mininum so 91 no good, tank sticker says benzine, gasohol(E10) 95 again 91 no good, dealer says 91 he is no good!!! we called to dealers in Bangkok both said 95 gasohol or 95 benzine.

a litre bike tank should have a bigger tank ,20-25 litres would be better than 15.5

how many km are you gettting before the fuel light starts flashing ? i can get 175-200

if im lucky on er6n

Sorry don't know, I have filled the tank today and noted the milage, I will check when it gets down to 2 bars left!! I am thinking though maybe less than your bike, of course it all depends on how you drive!!

Edited by kawapower

very true also, ignition would be so far retarded that performance would be seriously hit

if im lucky on er6n

Sorry don't know, I have filled the tank today and noted the milage, I will check when it gets down to 2 bars left!! I am thinking though maybe less than your bike, of course it all depends on how you drive!!

when i fill a full tank i set the trip counter to zero ,i thought i was doing something wrong only getting half the milage i read about other people getting but i took a trip on the highway on wednesday and i got about a quarter to a third more miles from a tank than usual cruising at 110-140 ish so it was just city conditions ,always acelerating then braking and going through the gears every few metres that was drinking all my gas

i have retired the er6n from buzzing around the city doing messages because the elegance does it just as well if not faster for a % of the fuel

id say the z1000 will burn a bit more surely than a lowly er6 though :D

• Like 1

it's all to do with riding style, when I raced cars I could take my turbo charged car from 35mpg on road to 6mpg on track, that is the difference between track driving - no limts - and public roads, I posted a video of a guy giving it some on the autoban on a CBRXX - you can litterally watch his fuel gauge go down as you watch it , on the same bike I have gone 300km on 21ltrs 5gallons of fuel, the guys here that do track riding will know what I'm talking about, so the moral of the story is, riding style will have a huge impact on your fuel consumption

This thread likes to eat posts smile.png

I smell another "thaicruze" thread in making...

I can't see that as a bad thing!!! the Thai Cruze thread kept a lot of people busy for a long time!!! I might possibly be the only private owner at the moment of the Z1000 on Phuket so this is where I will be posting questions!!

so wht was your ride before the Z1000, I remember riding to Phuket a couple of years ago for a ghost riders event Goran was around at the time but I think he stepped back a little from the biking scene, met a few really nice guys at the time

That is fast, I have also seen a you-tube Z1000 doing 250kph way to fast for me!!! I am happy driving slower listening to the sound of the engine, my mate says it looks like a stealth fighter from the back, I agree it looks <deleted> mean, this bike is just <deleted> awesome, forget the Ducati Monster and spend the extra money on a truly superbike!!!

i am going to bite the bullet and order one of these in kawaski bkkk ,how long does it take from ordering until it can be collected ?

i am going to bite the bullet and order one of these in kawaski bkkk ,how long does it take from ordering until it can be collected ?

dealer say 1 month but mine came sooner, you won't regret getting one of these monsters it is awesome!!

so wht was your ride before the Z1000, I remember riding to Phuket a couple of years ago for a ghost riders event Goran was around at the time but I think he stepped back a little from the biking scene, met a few really nice guys at the time

My last big big bike was some years ago, it was the Honda Super Blackbird, just before that the Honda Fireblade, Z1000 blows them away!!

I currently have a BB and if I could buy a new one tomorrow I would, it's just my ideal bike for thailand, great for touring nice torque curve comfortable for both me and passenger, I can't fault it for what I use it for, enjoy your new ride it looks like a really good machine, maybe someday I might change but for now I'm very happy with what I have

be safe out there