Politician's Personal Affairs Should Not Be Public

Jai Dee

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF TRT PARTY SAYS SOCIETY AND MEDIA SHOULD NOT GIVE IMPORTANCE TO POLITICIAN PERSONAL AFFAIRS MATTER

The Executive Director of the Thai Rak Thai Party, Mr. SURANAND VEJJAJIVA (สุรนันทน์ เวชชาชีวะ), has called for the general public and the mass media not to give precedence to the reports concerning the politicians’ personal affairs as they are personal matters.

Following the information on a politician’s adulterous affair in the website www.Thaiinsider.com, Mr. SURANAND said people should not take interest on such personal issues because they are irrational and lack morality. Furthermore, he said such report in the website may not be accurate.

Mr. SURANAND viewed it is a personal matter, and it does not affect one’s performance towards the public and the society. Therefore, significance should not be given to this type of matter even though the person is considered to be a public figure.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 December 2005

Mr. SURANAND viewed it is a personal matter, and it does not affect one’s performance towards the public and the society. Therefore, significance should not be given to this type of matter even though the person is considered to be a public figure.

Wrong... it could affects ones performance of duties. Let's say Mr. Suranands new-found friend starts asking for political favours, money, etc. Politicians need to be extra careful not to find themselves in a compromising situation. Fortunately for Mr. Suranand, his mis-deed is now public... but imagine if it were not. His friend would have a lot of leverage to get what she wanted out of him.

Remember Prez Clinton... the media went stir-crazy reporting about the extra-marital affair, what transpired, dirty dresses, etc. The real issue should have been to outline how such an affair could have affected national security. Lewinsky could have used the affair as leverage (i.e. blackmail) to obtain sensitive government information to pass on to others. Or someone else (who knew about the affair) could have done it aswell.

Anyhow, the moral... don't be a politician and a d!ck.

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF TRT PARTY SAYS SOCIETY AND MEDIA SHOULD NOT GIVE IMPORTANCE TO POLITICIAN PERSONAL AFFAIRS MATTER

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 14 December 2005

when toxin was telling his people to live a moral life not so long ago, and blaming western influences for the decline in morality.

well obviously one rule for the privaliged and one rule for the masses.

not much difference than most countries really

Thaiinsider been blocked yet?

I've been trying to access the website to obtain some pictures especially for sriracha john, but all I get is the following message:

"ขออภัยขัดข้องทางเทคนิค

อีกสักครู่จะใช้ได้ตามปกติ"

Which basically means "Apologies for any inconvenience caused by technical issues. We will take a moment to fix the problem then the system can work as usual"

Read into that what you will... :o

I've been trying to access the website to obtain some pictures especially for sriracha john, but all I get is the following message:

"ขออภัยขัดข้องทางเทคนิค

Which basically means "Apologies for any inconvenience caused by technical issues. We will take a moment to fix the problem then the system can work as usual"

Yea, that's what a local payment processor told me 6 months ago... :D And he really was a nice guy. Pity

Edited by OlRedEyes

Trying to access domain record from UK:

------------------------------

Problem Report

The system detected condition TCP Error while attempting to retrieve the URL.

Message ID

TCP_ERROR

Problem Description

TCP/IP processing failure.

Possible Problem Cause

You may be experiencing transient network problems.

Possible Solution

Contact your network support team if this problem persists and provide as much information as you can regarding the problem.

------------------------------

Looks like the server's switched off.

Wrong... it could affects ones performance of duties. Let's say Mr. Suranands new-found friend starts asking for political favours, money, etc. Politicians need to be extra careful not to find themselves in a compromising situation. Fortunately for Mr. Suranand, his mis-deed is now public... but imagine if it were not. His friend would have a lot of leverage to get what she wanted out of him.

Remember Prez Clinton... the media went stir-crazy reporting about the extra-marital affair, what transpired, dirty dresses, etc. The real issue should have been to outline how such an affair could have affected national security. Lewinsky could have used the affair as leverage (i.e. blackmail) to obtain sensitive government information to pass on to others. Or someone else (who knew about the affair) could have done it aswell.

Anyhow, the moral... don't be a politician and a d!ck.

:o

hahahaha...

the funny thing is the thai <deleted> thai party MP in question is FEMALE!!

ground-breaking stereotype breaking

she's also alledgedly pregnant from this adulterous affair...

for shame for shame....

:D

Sex ban shock for Thai MPs

MPs of the ruling Thai Rak Thai party may soon be faced with the unenviable prospect of shagging their own wives. Party Chairman, Somchai Sunthornwat, announced yesterday that the party’s candidates will, in future, be "untainted by adultery." Maybe he should have consulted his colleagues first.

Nonthaburi MP Suchart Bandasak said "It’s a man’s personal right to visit massage parlours or have more than one wife. I’m afraid that if they really implement this kind of rule, they will find no man suitable to be the party’s candidate." Bangkok Senator Wallop Tangkhananurak said "What will the party do? Sack every MP caught with a mistress or visiting a massage parlour? And what about MPs who own entertainment places and massage parlours?"

Even the nation’s women can’t take the proposal seriously. Thicha na Nakhon, a leader of the Women and the Constitution Network, said "The ruling party must not make this kind of promise for fun. Once it has been made, the people will remember and watch. Considering the nature of Thai men, this could be the most difficult pledge of all."

Source: Sex Ban For MP's

:o:D

MS. NAHATHAI SAID THAT THE REPORT CLAIMED BY A WEBSITE IS GROUNDLESS

Many Thai Rak Thai leaders expressed their sympathy for the party’s MP, Ms. Nahathai Tiwpai-ngarm (ณหทัย ทิวไผ่งาม), after a website claimed that a female MP had an affair with party’s leader.

Ms. Nahathai held a press conference yesterday, after she was speculated to be the MP mentioned in www.Thaiinsider.com , which claims that a female MP in Thai Rak Thai party had an affair with party’s leader. She said that she never expected to have to defend herself from unfounded report, since she entered politics because she wants to work for the country. She said that she had to come out and declare the truth, after the story became talk of the town. She requested the media not to report false news. She also demanded that those releasing this news stop their action.

Ms. Nahathai said that she will not file a lawsuit, but she wants everyone to exercise their conscience before acting. She insisted that she will work in Thailand, and has no plan to go abroad as claimed by the website.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 December 2005

Why ever not?

The way a person lives their private life is a good indicator of how they

will perform in the public domain.

If your private life is blameless you have nothing to worry about and the

media will have nothing to report. :o:D

FEMALE POLITICIANS ADVISE MASS MEDIA TO EXAMINE THEIR INFO. BEFORE PUBLICATION

The members of the House of Representatives from the Thai Rak Thai Party have demanded the mass media to revise their news information before they will release them. They stated that erroneous news can smear one’s reputation. The female TRT party members are also preparing to fine-tune their roles, in an attempt to help women who have been mistreated by the society.

Mrs. PIMPA CHANDPRASONG (พิมพา จันทร์ประสงค์), the TRT Party member for NONTHABURI Province, said women should not be exploited as a political instrument which would slander them. She said once their reputations have been defamed, they cannot be taken back. As a result, women would be discouraged to participate in Thai politics.

Meanwhile, Mrs. LADAWAN WONGSRIWONG (ลดาวัลลิ์ วงศ์ศรีวงศ์), the Chairperson of the Committee on Children, Youth, Women, and the Elderly, said the committee will not consider the case of Ms. NAHATHAI TIWPAINGARM (ณหทัย ทิวไผ่งาม), as she has clarified her issue to the mass media already.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 December 2005

And just for SJ... here is a link to her official TRT photo. :o

/Edit - and here are a few more.

Edited by Jai Dee

"ขออภัยขัดข้องทางเทคนิค

1 day later... :D

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

And just for SJ... here is a link to her official TRT photo.  :D

/Edit - and here are a few more.

:D:D

photos are too official looking and stuffy... got any of her in a bikini???

No, but tuky is pretty adept with Photoshop... :o

well, if he's looking for a match... she DOES have a certain Nong Natt look to her.... :D:D

"Throughout my short but outstanding political career, I have never once thought that there would be a day that I would be sitting here speaking to you all about such an outrageous sham," Miss Nahathai said.

no problems with her ego either !

Nahathai wants it put to rest

Thai Rak Thai Party MP Nahathai Thewphaingarm yesterday called on businessman Ekkayuth Anchanbutr to talk to her face-to-face after he challenged her to have a pregnancy test.

“This matter is going too far. It’s an ungrounded allegation. What does he want from me? What sex are you? If you want to have problems with me then come and talk to me face-to-face or the matter will not be put to rest,’’ she said.

Nahathai on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of filing a libel suit against Ekkayuth, but Thai Rak Thai Party deputy leader Sudarat Keyuraphan urged her to sue him. Nahathai yesterday said she would delay making a decision to the party on whether to file a libel suit against Ekkayuth.

“This matter has adversely affected the credibility of the institutions I belong to including my party and women institutions,’’ she said.

The MP has been the “talk of the town” following allegations posted on the website thaiinsider.com where she denied being four months pregnant to a high-ranking party official.

Thai Rak Thai Party MP Sansani Nakpong, Thai Female Parliamentarian Club chairperson, condemned the act and said women were hardest hit by sexual allegations, which are often used to destroy female politicians’ reputations.

“Female politicians are disheartened and those women who want to enter politics are discouraged,’’ she said.

Thai Rak Thai Party MP Phimpha Chanprasong denied the party’s female MPs yesterday met Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s wife, to discuss the allegations. She said female MPs only wanted to have dinner with her to celebrate her 50th birthday.

PM’s Office Minister Suranand Vejjajiva condemned the website’s allegations and called on Ekkayuth to take responsibility. He said he consulted with Information and Communications Minister Sora-at Klinpratoom to take legal action against websites that use legal loopholes to violate the rights of others.

“We might have to pass a new law to protect public rights,’’ he said.

Information Technology and Communications Minister Soraat Klinpratoom yesterday dismissed speculation that the government was behind blocking Ekkayuth’s website.

“I did not order shutting down Ekkayuth’s thaiinsider.com as alleged,” he said.

Soraat said he suspected a hacker might have gained unauthorised access to the website and tampered with accessibility.

Source: The Nation - December 16, 2005

Information Technology and Communications Minister Soraat Klinpratoom said,

“I did not order shutting down Ekkayuth’s thaiinsider.com as alleged,” but we did hire a hacker to gain unauthorised access to the website and tamper with it's accessibility.

Source: Bangkok Herald-Examiner - December 16, 2005

Modified to reflect the truth... :o

Maybe Ms. Ms. Nahathai Tiwpai-ngarm (ณหทัย ทิวไผ่งาม), is trying to start her own political party one vote at a time. Or, she took a chapter out of the Bill Clinton playbook and is running for prime minister.

She is pretty hot but I think she should be held to the same standards as the men. If she is guilty of this crime of passion her name should be smeered same as if she was a man.

She's not very smart if she is dumb enough to get pregnant. I wouldn't vote for her.

She should just admit what happened and live with the consequences.

had an affair with party’s leader.
Thai Rak Thai Party MP Phimpha Chanprasong denied the party’s female MPs yesterday met Khunying Pojaman Shinawatra, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s wife, to discuss the allegations. She said female MPs only wanted to have dinner with her to celebrate her 50th birthday.

is it the todger of mr 't' causing all the fuss , or should I be drawing a shorter bow when discussing affairs of the state...? :D:D:o