Best Burger And Pizza

Shot

Iron Fairies on Thonglor serves the best burgers I've tried inb Bangkok.

That's good too I hear, not tried it yet though. I can vouch that Fatgutz, nearby and under the same management, does the best fish and chips in Bangkok though.

Now you made me think...Australian McDonald's absolute crap and the worst burgers ever made anywhere, at least here i can actually eat one, as someone said a little bit back if you got to eat a prefabricated burger then Burger king is ok..still home made is best, i dont order a burger in a restaurant so i have no idea.

But pizza...yes up the road from LadPhrao central is Major Cinimaplex movie plaza, there is a pizza restaurant on the second floor to the rear over looking driveway night market etc, seriously the best pizza i have ever had anywhere...well in asia and that includes Australia.

while were on the subject of Pizza, why do they cost the same as if i was in Australia?

I am only an experienced eater and not eatery so I cannot tell you but have wondered the same thing ... well at least in terms of price here vs. USA.

As for Australia, I am not sure of the type of Pizza they have there but was talking to the guy who runs Ronny's New York Pizza on Soi 4 (Nana) for the first time the the other day and turns out he is from Australia. I asked him how an Australian makes such good NY pizza and I guess the gist of the story is he took over the business from another guy.

Edited by Nisa

It's impressive and understandable to me at the same time you can taste the difference in products where the ingredients are all the same, cooked the same way, stored the same way and handled the same in any country. Hence boggling.For me it would be more understandable if you said in comparison that a coke in the US tastes more sweet then a coke from the 711 here in bangkok.

Apologies for being off thread. But if you don't mind me asking what is the difference in taste or presentation between a US McDonalds burger and a thai Mcdonalds burger?

So, you think the beef is the same in Thailand vs. the US? And by the way, it is myth that McDonalds does everything the same in every country. You ever try to get a ketchup pack in Thailand at Mcdonalds? How about consider that the Big Mac alone has different nutritional values in different countries and the calories of a Big Mac alone can vary by 100 .. http://en.wikipedia....ritional_values

Edit: McDonald's actually vary within the US & North America too to suit local tastes as well as meeting local and state laws and guidance for food preparation (from the slaughter to the table), serving and storing. A McDonalds in the Southeast of the US not only has a different menu but also has a different taste to some products then you will get in Canada.

This was not the question

I am not a food critic but let me give it a try ...

All Mcdonald burgers are sh@t but since I grew up eating this crap and as a kid it didn't nearly taste as rancid but since I did eat it as a kid, there is still some comfort in eating it now sometimes. On the other hand, Thailand McDonald burgers lack that comfort feeling and simply taste like crap.

I don't think I will ever make it as a food critic but I hope this answers your question. And to sum it up ... US McDonald burger = comforting crap while Thailand McDonalds is crap without the comfort.

Edited by Nisa

It's impressive and understandable to me at the same time you can taste the difference in products where the ingredients are all the same, cooked the same way, stored the same way and handled the same in any country. Hence boggling.For me it would be more understandable if you said in comparison that a coke in the US tastes more sweet then a coke from the 711 here in bangkok.

Apologies for being off thread. But if you don't mind me asking what is the difference in taste or presentation between a US McDonalds burger and a thai Mcdonalds burger?

So, you think the beef is the same in Thailand vs. the US? And by the way, it is myth that McDonalds does everything the same in every country. You ever try to get a ketchup pack in Thailand at Mcdonalds? How about consider that the Big Mac alone has different nutritional values in different countries and the calories of a Big Mac alone can vary by 100 .. http://en.wikipedia....ritional_values

Edit: McDonald's actually vary within the US & North America too to suit local tastes as well as meeting local and state laws and guidance for food preparation (from the slaughter to the table), serving and storing. A McDonalds in the Southeast of the US not only has a different menu but also has a different taste to some products then you will get in Canada.

This was not the question

All Mcdonald burgers are sh@t but since I grew up eating this crap and as a kid it didn't nearly taste as rancid but since I did eat it as a kid, there is still some comfort in eating it now sometimes. On the other hand, Thailand McDonald burgers lack that comfort feeling and simply taste like crap.

I don't think I will ever make it as a food critic but I hope this answers your question. And to sum it up ... US McDonald burger = comforting crap while Thailand McDonalds is crap without the comfort.

Now you're making sense. All McDonalds burgers are ....

• Like 1

Now you're making sense. All McDonalds burgers are ....

And worse the fries taste like crap in both places now. Certainly an unhealthy choice but I loved the old McDonalds fries. I think I tolerated the burgers just to go there to eat the fries. As I recall they changed the oil or something they used to fry them because of some lawsuit about it containing animal fat or something but they never tasted the same after whatever they did. And yes this is on topic in my opinion because Burgers and Fries go hand and hand in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

Stumbled upon "in Italy taste pizza"

Was about to eat at Mcdonalds then catch a movie at Central Plaza (Praram 9) opposite Fortune, noticed a promotion on pizza. Only about 130 baht. Gave it a shot. Shocked to find pizza that tastes like the real deal. I grew up in NYC and been to Italy. The restaurant is next to Mcdonalds on the same level as the movie theater.

yeah...the lady with the cart at the entrance to NEP does a respectable burger as does the Bus Stop down the street...you also might want to try Bully's Bar around the corner on Sukh; I never did try the burgers but I had a caesar salad there that was real nice so the chef must know what he's doin'...

what ever happened to The Big Mango at NEP? they had some nice ones years ago...and cold Bier Lao...

Come to my guesthouse on Koh Mak; it's much closer than NYC!

I buy grade A Thai beef tenderloin for 400 baht per kg, grind it myself adding a little suet, then make 150g patties. Grilled with a splash of worchestshire sauce, salt & pepper; served on a nice big locally baked bun with melted real cheddar cheese, garnished with iceberg lettuce, onions & tomatoes, 250g of good quality french fries, ketchup, mayo and yellow mustard... all for 180 baht. Add a beer for 50 baht, sit back and enjoy the Vista (12-island view to the north including Koh Chang).

It's as good as anything I've eaten stateside for up to twice the cost... or more. There's no reason for the burgers to be so bad here--it's just greed.

About time i seen someone with some standards when it comes to food!

yeah...the lady with the cart at the entrance to NEP does a respectable burger as does the Bus Stop down the street...you also might want to try Bully's Bar around the corner on Sukh; I never did try the burgers but I had a caesar salad there that was real nice so the chef must know what he's doin'...

what ever happened to The Big Mango at NEP? they had some nice ones years ago...and cold Bier Lao...

They moved down the street (walk past NEP up a block and turn left at Jools - their 50m down on the left.

They moved down the street (walk past NEP up a block and turn left at Jools - their 50m down on the left.

thanks, rudie...I'll check it out the next time I'm in town...which should be soon...

For burgers: either Bangkok Burger Company (Thong Lor Soi 10) or the newly opened Burger Factory (Ekamai Soi 10). Both serve excellent burgers, and fairly cheap too.

For pizza: the best I have tried so far is Zanotti at Silom.

Hands down the best hamburger is at,

The Tavern

real small place on Soi 4 down from Nanna next to Jools..

The hand cut french frys are very nice as well,

Enjoy licklips.gif

Never tried their burgers but their buffalo wings are the best I have had in Bangkok.