Retirement Visa Funds

Must the 800K required for an extention to a retirement visa be in THB or can it be in a mix of currencies held at the same bank?

I usually have enough THB on hand to cover the above, but this year I have entered the seasoning period with under THB 800k but I also have a large ammount of Singapore Dollars for immediate availability on deposit at the same bank.

It all has to be in the same account as far as I know. 799 999 Baht doesn't do it. Maybe you can do it, I hope so:

"If it says your money hasta be 800K Thai baht in a Thai bank and seasoned for 90 days (which is their term for the balance NOT dropping a single baht below 800K in the preceding 90 days), that’s what they enforce."

Quoted from the thread http://www.orientexpat.com/forum/24218-how-to-get-a-retirement-visa-in-thailand/

good luck

We have had numerous reports of multi accounts being used - you can even use a combination of income and deposit for retirement extensions of stay.

Way's to obtain a proof of ,saying your foreign account beeing credited with your pension, and the difference for the 800K Thai Baht in one's account with a Thai bank ?

I tried to get a statement/ certification of income from my embassy, but they need again my foreign bank account balance and pension remittal for some month's. I dont have my bankslips from the foreign account flying around my mailbox/house here for obvious reasons.

Better have a account with the pension transfers from abroad, then you can get a statement of remittal from your bank for the immigration.

Still the embassy needs proof for payment of your pension- remittal, in order to issue a statement ?

Does it have to be a pension remittal, or can I transfer monthly an amount of money from my foreign fund, which is the same purpose of having money to live here in Thailand, which I do anyway by using my credit card, or transfer money from abroad.

Is there a regulation that the money one lives on must be from a pension?

What's beat me is the purpose of having to maintain a balance of (800K) Baht, in ones account for 3 months prior of a visa extension or new application.

Edited by oldthaihand6

The requirement is 800k in account 60 days for first extension but 3 months later. The reason is to help avoid the borrow account for the day that some without funds have used.

The income letter from Embassy will depend on the Embassy used as they have different requirements. But it does not have to be pension income from a formal plan in any case I have seen - just some proof or statement of monthly income.

There is no requirement that the extension amount actually be transferred into Thailand if you do not need it for living expense.