Loudspeaker Blaring Tuk-Tuk

grumpyoldman

It's against Forum rules to name and shame, so I will not name the particular outfit that does this, but their tuk-uk with loudspeakers touting their restaurant is truly over the top obnoxious.

Round and round it goes on the beach road loudspeakers a blaring "try...............", not that the beach road is peaceful mind you, but while enjoying a sunset drink on the wall having this thing go by blaring away a number of times................too much, really.

Are they that desperate for business? I mean overpriced Thai food and marginal service, doesn't the view pretty much counter those flaws? Do they really have to do tuk-tuk noise?

My reaction would be to make sure i never use that particular restaurant or business. Boycotting may not do much but at least that noise pollution is not having the desired effect.

No point being Grumpy, I think you just have to put up with it... It's not like it's just in Ao nang. It's all over Thailand.

Lucky they haven't caught on to Long Tails driving up and down the beach with loud music and advertising,like in Cha

weng....yet

I agree with the poster, very annoying and we're forced to endure the noise, they often pass by the house I am renting early morning (before 8am) while my young daughter still sleeps, invariably wakes her up. Shd be banned.

No point being Grumpy, I think you just have to put up with it... It's not like it's just in Ao nang. It's all over Thailand.

Lucky they haven't caught on to Long Tails driving up and down the beach with loud music and advertising,like in Cha

weng....yet

Bwaaaaaaaa.....nattymatt, don't give them the idea, then they'll probably do both !