American Airlines Cabin Attendant Announces Plane Crash Before Take-Off

webfact

Air stewardess announces plane crash before take-off

WASHINGTON: -- An apparently out-of-control American Airlines cabin attendant provoked an uproar Friday by ranting over the loudspeaker that the plane was going to crash.

The incident happened while the plane was preparing for take-off from Dallas-Fort Worth Airport in Texas, according to the Dallas Observer newspaper online.

A colleague tried to cut her off when she announced there were technical difficulties and the flight would not take off, according to passengers quoted by the Observer.

But she was not deterred, and finally announced: "Captain, I am not responsible for crashing this plane." Several passengers walked to the front of the plane and helped restrain her, the Observer reported.

The stewardess was dragged kicking and screaming by police off the plane, the Observer said. Two attendants, presumably including the one who had ranted about the crash, were taken to local hospitals for treatment, according to a statement by American Airlines.

"Our customers were not in danger at any time," the airline said.

The flight later took off with a new cabin crew, and landed safely in its destination city, Chicago, the Observer reported.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-10

She was raving about 9/11 being a government conspiracy too. I wonder what her sign-in name on Thai Visa is.

Might begin with a B have a Z in it and be something to do with baseball.

Where is our chum these days ??

She was raving about 9/11 being a government conspiracy too. I wonder what her sign-in name on Thai Visa is.

Give it a minute and somehow the ThaiVisa regulars will turn this into another reason to bash Thais. It never fails. Even the solar flares are probably the fault of Thailand ... wait for it.

So....if a US Postal Service worker goes nuts and we call that "going Postal", based on the workplace of the event in question I presume we're going to call this type of behavior "going American"...?

Then there definitely should be a "going ThaiVisaFarang" for any hysterical, illogical rant about anything remotely Thai related.

Edited by Suradit69

Give it a minute and somehow the ThaiVisa regulars will turn this into another reason to bash Thais. It never fails. Even the solar flares are probably the fault of Thailand ... wait for it.

So....if a US Postal Service worker goes nuts and we call that "going Postal", based on the workplace of the event in question I presume we're going to call this type of behavior "going American"...?

Then there definitely should be a "going ThaiVisaFarang" for any hysterical, illogical rant about anything remotely Thai related.

Yeah... the flight attendant probably is a Thai National... giggle.gif

I myself wouldn't mind flying with former-commandos, if they 'went commando', tee-hee ! rolleyes.gif

Sounds like you've had a bletheringly bad day. coffee1.gif

It's called AIDS - Aviation Induced Dementia Syndrome

It is caused by listening to all those people who think that a 6 hour flight should cost less than the 30 minute taxi ride to the airport, or a cup of Starbucks "coffee". All those people who buy a ticket for less than the cost of 4 beers, then expect to be served 6 beers during the flight for free.

• Like 1

It's called AIDS - Aviation Induced Dementia Syndrome

It is caused by listening to all those people who think that a 6 hour flight should cost less than the 30 minute taxi ride to the airport, or a cup of Starbucks "coffee". All those people who buy a ticket for less than the cost of 4 beers, then expect to be served 6 beers during the flight for free.

There's the opposite side of this comment.

Many airlines continuously bombard passengers & potential passengers with advertising which generates expectations which are unrealistic.

Some folks realize this, some don't.

An obvious example many tv members would have heard - people take a first flight with airasia or nok or similar then complain to their friends 'it was bad - no service'.