Time Share Touts Are Back In Full Force

there are back in small teams dotted everywhere around chaweng beach road. almost like they are grouping togther for more strength.

if you doubt my post then go and have a look for yourslef unless you are a tout then you do not need to as you already know who you are.

what about the desgn on a t-shirt.

The man standing next to me is trying to ripped you off buy tricking you into by a time share.

if i was to make some up for charity then who should i gie them to to distubute

I agree, they are a nuisance to holidaymakers as are the tailors who try to stop you and try to shake your hand, but as far as anyone actually getting taken in by their 'winning' scratch cards and sales talk, I can't believe there is anyone left who can be so gullible as to go innocently to be 'sold' timeshare in their offices.

Timeshare has been around for as long as I have (well nearly) and you can't tell me that there is anybody on mother earth who has not heard of it by now and if anyone does agree to go to a sales presentation then they must be genuinely interested in owning a week's holiday in an apartment. Up to them.

Same remarks apply to 'fractional ownership' and although no doubt I will be told 'it is not the same thing' sales methods are similar.

I agree, they are a nuisance to holidaymakers as are the tailors who try to stop you and try to shake your hand, but as far as anyone actually getting taken in by their 'winning' scratch cards and sales talk, I can't believe there is anyone left who can be so gullible as to go innocently to be 'sold' timeshare in their offices.

Timeshare has been around for as long as I have (well nearly) and you can't tell me that there is anybody on mother earth who has not heard of it by now and if anyone does agree to go to a sales presentation then they must be genuinely interested in owning a week's holiday in an apartment. Up to them.

Same remarks apply to 'fractional ownership' and although no doubt I will be told 'it is not the same thing' sales methods are similar.

i am suprised the real time share people like the marriot don't put the squease on these people as it is ruiening the business for proper time share people

i am suprised the real time share people like the marriot don't put the squease on these people as it is ruiening the business for proper time share people

Marriot went out of business n the island...

I think they still run the Renaissance?

Agree with BigC, i've got family friends who have Anantara club membership, and they get great deals all over the planet, including Samui. They make the most of it, and it is worth it for them.

i was in Chaweng this arvo didn't see one timeshare tout at all though, thankfully

Agree with BigC, i've got family friends who have Anantara club membership, and they get great deals all over the planet, including Samui. They make the most of it, and it is worth it for them.

i was in Chaweng this arvo didn't see one timeshare tout at all though, thankfully

think they have sundays off

Umm my friend u need to get up to speed on how things are today not 15 years ago ;) I worked as a liner in HK for the company referred to. Has evolved full circle from the 1 week a year time and frankly if you holiday more than 6 weeks a year these clubs will suit rather well. Fractional isn't even on the same page you are buying a fraction of a property so deeds and what not are issued. In no way am i taking sides the people in charge of it on samui are total and absolute wanke_rs and really don't have a clue just wanted to shine some light on it is all

Umm my friend u need to get up to speed on how things are today not 15 years ago wink.png I worked as a liner in HK for the company referred to. Has evolved full circle from the 1 week a year time and frankly if you holiday more than 6 weeks a year these clubs will suit rather well. Fractional isn't even on the same page you are buying a fraction of a property so deeds and what not are issued. In no way am i taking sides the people in charge of it on samui are total and absolute wanke_rs and really don't have a clue just wanted to shine some light on it is all

I suspect its the sales technique rather than the product most here are unhappy with.

• Like 1

Umm my friend u need to get up to speed on how things are today not 15 years ago wink.png I worked as a liner in HK for the company referred to. Has evolved full circle from the 1 week a year time and frankly if you holiday more than 6 weeks a year these clubs will suit rather well. Fractional isn't even on the same page you are buying a fraction of a property so deeds and what not are issued. In no way am i taking sides the people in charge of it on samui are total and absolute wanke_rs and really don't have a clue just wanted to shine some light on it is all

I suspect its the sales technique rather than the product most here are unhappy with.

Is direct marketing from the lads on the street u have people that can do it well others that just try ram it down ya throat become pushy or lie thru there teeth just to get a person thru the door. It would be smart business to monitor this and what not but it's not which is what always gives it a bad name as ya mentioned

Is direct marketing from the lads on the street u have people that can do it well others that just try ram it down ya throat become pushy or lie thru there teeth just to get a person thru the door. It would be smart business to monitor this and what not but it's not which is what always gives it a bad name as ya mentioned

u turning their scooter and following you back towards Lamai around Lad Koh on a downhill corner to shout out to you "we've got a deal" is what I call insane and tourists should not have to deal with that in the least

theyare sneaky they lie low and move around in groups then they pop up for an afternoon then they slip away.

i should get some photos.

iu sore one outside the Bandara. he talked people into buying something then signaled a taxi who was obviusly on standby, to come over. then they got inside and the man drove off very quickerly.

So they have thais on their side and they maybe protected. infact they would have to be or they would be nicked by now