The Folly Of Trying To Help A Local Girl

cheynewalk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I know sex workers that have found their work very empowering. Including very intelligent educated feminists.

All depends on your POV.

1pigflygif.gif

I know you are politely calling bigJohnnyBkk a liar, but I have to agree with him. I've known many attractive sex workers who feel their job is empowering. They have power over men and know it. Yes, a good percentage blow their money earned from their new found life style, but a small percentage don't. The smart ones re-invest their money in a business. Or, they sort through their many suiters and find the one who will best supply her needs. I can count on two hands some of my former lovers who are now married and settled down with some guy in Australia, England and Germany.

I know you are politely calling bigJohnnyBkk a liar, but I have to agree with him. I've known many attractive sex workers who feel their job is empowering. They have power over men and know it. Yes, a good percentage blow their money earned from their new found life style, but a small percentage don't. The smart ones re-invest their money in a business. Or, they sort through their many suiters and find the one who will best supply her needs. I can count on two hands some of my former lovers who are now married and settled down with some guy in Australia, England and Germany.

Yes, as I don't believe it . . . feminist. Intelligent. Educated. If there is one thing that is against a feminist's credo it is selling yourself to a man to be drooled on, used like a piece of meat.

I can't say I know many prostitutes - if any - so I may be talking complete nonsense, but just the situation is absurd.

I could, maybe, accept that in western Europe . . . but Thailand? Educated, intelligent feminist Thai hookers?

(Oh, and before anyone rolls out the old cliche about all women being whores . . . <yawn>. Misogynists of Thailand unite on TV - - - not meaning you, Ian)

I know a gogo girl that went back to lawyer school once she had accumulated enough money for a biz, a house, and the school.

She made over 40.000/month from the shared tip & drinks alone.

I know another whose plan all along was to set up a farm once she had the cash,

i kinda blew it on that one, she was half lesbo so it would've been awesome threesome happily ever after

Edited by poanoi

The problem that I see is those who are offering help expect something in return. I never expect anything in return... other than my own pleasure in helping others. Now, if someone abuses my trust then it's THEIR problem, not mine. I've lost nothing.

I do not think that expecting not to be harassed should be too much to expect. Even if they are ungrateful and piss the money up the wall it would be nice if they didn't get pissy when you deny the further money/favours. To be honest, when I help people out (which is not often, most people I know are better off than me) people are grateful and I do not think this guy was 'a sucker' for doing this. It is a shame that it will probably change his expectations and lead him not to help people that need it.

-OKS

Yes, as I don't believe it . . . feminist. Intelligent. Educated. If there is one thing that is against a feminist's credo it is selling yourself to a man to be drooled on, used like a piece of meat.

I can't say I know many prostitutes - if any - so I may be talking complete nonsense, but just the situation is absurd.

I could, maybe, accept that in western Europe . . . but Thailand? Educated, intelligent feminist Thai hookers?

(Oh, and before anyone rolls out the old cliche about all women being whores . . . <yawn>. Misogynists of Thailand unite on TV - - - not meaning you, Ian)

Unlike you, sing sing, I've known a lot of Asian hookers, and frankly I don't see them as being any different than many women who use their bodies to attract men for the purpose of furthering their careers, or snagging some wealthy man as a husband. Sex is a normal bodily function and I don't see anything wrong with it providing both ADULT parties are in agreement with what goes on.

I also believe that the sex industry workers provide a good service for people who do not want to be committed to a relationship. Far better that than some guy telling a woman lies for no other purpose than to have sex with her. That is the normal system in North America and it stinks. The woman is emotionally hurt when the guy dumps her and eventually she gets hard and bitter. That is what has happened to most of the women in the sex industry. Only a few join the trade because they enjoy it, but after becomming bitter and feeling used by Thai men who have dumped them they see an alternative to slaving away at some poor paying job.

There are many women working in bars who are very selective in whom they have sex with. And, not all women working in bars in the sex trade areas go with customers at all. They are there strictly as cashiers or working staff. Too many men do not understand this and act like boors towards them.

Unfortunately, there are many women working in the sex trade bars who just shouldn't be there. They neither have the interest nor the looks to be successful. They wind up like the sad creatures you mentioned. I feel sorry for them but there is little I can do other than buy them a drink occasionally.

Unfortunately, there are many women working in the sex trade bars who just shouldn't be there. I feel sorry for them but there is little I can do other than buy them a drink occasionally.

you could bar fine them and take them home if you felt really really sorry ........:D

For starters, most Thai women, IMO, are NOT feminists ( and thank goodness for that, but not going into a discourse about it now- take too long ), and are certainly NOT PC ( which is why farang men by the hundreds of thousands flock to Thailand ).

All of the bar girls I ever met are as intelligent as any other woman, from anywhere, and a lack of a piece of paper does not mean that they are uneducated.

All of the bar girls I ever met are as intelligent as any other woman, from anywhere, and a lack of a piece of paper does not mean that they are uneducated.

I can understand how one would imagine this if one exists on a plane in which it is impossible to discern among so many levels of intelligence and education above one's own, sort of like the stars seeming all equidistant from the earth.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

I can understand how one would imagine this if one exists on a plane in which it is impossible to discern among so many levels of intelligence and education above one's own, sort of like the stars seeming all equidistant from the earth.

Unfortunately for you, I understand that, and you are wrong!