Bike Videos.

skybluestu

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That poor guy is copping shit on youtube comments [looks a bit like this forum at times does]....

So much so that he has put after pics to show the damage....mostly cosmetic but the brake caliper wrecked..not likely from hitting plastic car....maybe secondary damage from orange trailer thingo...Was a nice looking bike...

http://imgur.com/a/NNpdW

That poor guy is copping shit on youtube comments [looks a bit like this forum at times does]....

So much so that he has put after pics to show the damage....mostly cosmetic but the brake caliper wrecked..not likely from hitting plastic car....maybe secondary damage from orange trailer thingo...Was a nice looking bike...

http://imgur.com/a/NNpdW

those carbon fiber stuff is really xpensive although cosmetic.

feel sorry for the guy. but always check around even if i m passing a green light. just in case.especially here.

That poor guy is copping shit on youtube comments

He is lucky to not be laying in a hospital bed with half a pound of Titanium holding him together.

Who was right or who was wrong means nothing then.

Yes he was very lucky himself...I see that he bike is a "write-off"...wouldn't have expected that looking at the bike itself....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ER-6N @ Promthep Cape, Phuket...

*Best watch in HD setting* -- For those who don't like music in motorcycle videos believe me it's worse with the wind noise full-on.

Nice video Gforce but I felt a little seasick. Maybe shoot the next one with the cam on the bike instead of the helmet?

Road looks great but also looks like a death trap. Deep monsoon drain on the left and lots of sand on the side of the road.

ER-6N @ Promthep Cape, Phuket...

*Best watch in HD setting* -- For those who don't like music in motorcycle videos believe me it's worse with the wind noise full-on.

Thx for watching and your constructive comment regarding seasickness @Gweiloman -- that's a tricky one: I haven't had good results with bike mounted cameras, just too much vibration or shaking, even with Sony's superior stabilization and even with good strong mounts.

Likewise on a very twisty road like that, with the bike switching lean angles back and forth a lot, even bike mounted it wouldn't really be that different from a helmet mounted recording (in fact probably worse due to vibration) -- it's just a result of POV shooting that's hard to get around (in some ways my rock climbing and bouldering videos are even worse in this regard because I have to look around a lot to find holds -- I'd like to get one of those Nixie wearable drones coming out soon that follow you but now drones are illegal in Thailand and it wouldn't keep up with a fast moving bike anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That's scary how quickly it burst into flames.

Thats scary how he didn't see a huge truck and trailer turning ahead of him.

Bizarre in many respects.

i think he saw the truck but choose to stay on the throttle and overtake in typical thai fashion. when he realized there was not enough space for him it was too late and a couple seconds later he was on fire.