Electric Fence

i would also be interested to hear some useful comment on this topic, may have a similar situation where i would like to protect what we have/will have.

the uzi while sounds good, might be too drastic, since i feel i would be on the short side once i shoot someone even though in the wrong and on our land. electrocuting might be just blamed on a quick storm

i just ordered an energizer on ebay. it runs off a 12v car battery (so works when fi dap) and produces a 1000V pulse every second which is enough to give a human or a dog or cat a shock but not strong enough for cows, horses, etc.

i guess i need to find some insulators and wire and start rigging up the fence. i'll post pics when done.

Some years ago I bought a fence shock unit at the small electric / hardware supply shop in Mae Sot.

I think it cost B400.

Operated on either 12VDC or 230VAC.

I ran it on house line current 230VAC,

and it did just fine for many months.

At the time I bought it, I said to myself,

For this cheap, Why do they bother to charge money?

The only thing I know beyond this is that it was

Burgundy color plastic shell about the size of a tissue box.

Come to think of it, not sure tissue box is a descriptive term for Thailand

10x15x20 cm

Test it? A friend sent me a story about a guy that bought a taser for his wifes birthday. It ran on 2 AAA batteries and he wondered how it was possible to produce the bezillion volts the packaging stated. So he had two choices on how to test it out, the dog or himself. Supposedly a one second burst would be enough to have most people disabled. Since he liked the dog this idiot gave himself a jolt on the leg. Strangely the muscles in his hand contacted and he didnt let go until the batteries were flat, his house was trashed, had he awoke in a fetal position on the floor and a fecal position in his trousers. Test it? I'd love to see that.

Test it? A friend sent me a story about a guy that bought a taser for his wifes birthday. It ran on 2 AAA batteries and he wondered how it was possible to produce the bezillion volts the packaging stated. So he had two choices on how to test it out, the dog or himself. Supposedly a one second burst would be enough to have most people disabled. Since he liked the dog this idiot gave himself a jolt on the leg. Strangely the muscles in his hand contacted and he didnt let go until the batteries were flat, his house was trashed, had he awoke in a fetal position on the floor and a fecal position in his trousers. Test it? I'd love to see that.

Hey Somchai, see if that fence wire is tight........

• 4 weeks later...

i tested it with a volt meter, good enough for me.

that's why electric fence energizers send pulses of about 1sec, so the animal can run away

if the fence is designed to be lethal, like in the nazi death camps, they use constant current