Can I Sue Global House For Psychological Damage

nattydread

spent an hour in Global House building supplies supermarket yesterday and havent felt the same since

they play the Global House jingle on a repeating loop without any break in between

as I type this the song is still going around in my head and I fear it will never go away

how do the staff that work there cope with it 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week

the Americans use this tactic to torture people in Guantanamo Bay

anybody else have similar flashbacks from shopping there?

• Like 2

>> Can I Sue Global House For Psychological Damage

Only if we can in turn sue you for the psychological damage caused by reading this post.

>>the Americans use this tactic to torture people in Guantanamo Bay

There is no torture occurring at Guantanamo Bay. There have been allegations of torture, but nothing has been substantiated.

Having to wade thru the drival spewed forth on Thaivisa is more tantamount to torture than loud music could ever be.

-Mestizo

pwnedd!!!

OP, that's only a minor pain. It will wear off overtime, for sure. A bigger pain is when you go to Global, buy a most fantastic high water pressure machine with an attached bucket for the soap. Didn't hear any of the jingle-pingle. Come home, start working and have no clue how to get the soap from that box into the machine.

Do I have to sue Global now for not putting any guidelines for that with the machine, or do I have to sue my alter-ego for forgetting to ask while still being in their shop?

I've got to agree with the OP. That jolly GH jingle drives me nuts too - several trips a day sometimes for about five months and I'll probably never forget it. Big C's "Shopping Station, Shopping Season" comes a close second and both should be classed as dangerous weapons. Sylvia's Mother heads my all time list of things-that-go-round-and-round-in-your-head and I hope never to have to hear it again.....

>> Can I Sue Global House For Psychological Damage

Only if we can in turn sue you for the psychological damage caused by reading this post.

>>the Americans use this tactic to torture people in Guantanamo Bay

There is no torture occurring at Guantanamo Bay. There have been allegations of torture, but nothing has been substantiated.

Having to wade thru the drival spewed forth on Thaivisa is more tantamount to torture than loud music could ever be.

-Mestizo

the topic is about Global House but since you mention it how can you say there is no torture happening at Guantanamo Bay?

the internet is full of information on the types of music played at deafening levels to prisoners detained there

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/19/usa.guantanamo

I tried to go to Global House once but the parking attendant took the piss with the restrictions on where I could and couldn't park so I left. Strange place, felt like I was back in the west

I've got to agree with the OP. That jolly GH jingle drives me nuts too - several trips a day sometimes for about five months and I'll probably never forget it. Big C's "Shopping Station, Shopping Season" comes a close second and both should be classed as dangerous weapons. Sylvia's Mother heads my all time list of things-that-go-round-and-round-in-your-head and I hope never to have to hear it again.....

"Royal Flora"..."Royal Flora"...etc., etc. It literally repeats itself about 45 times in one hour - enough to drive you completely nuts during a visit that lasts a few hours. Definitely some bizarre marketing strategy to get you to come back and spend more money because you can't get the jingle out of your head for days!

• Like 1

"Royal Flora"..."Royal Flora"...etc., etc. It literally repeats itself about 45 times in one hour - enough to drive you completely nuts during a visit that lasts a few hours. Definitely some bizarre marketing strategy to get you to come back and spend more money because you can't get the jingle out of your head for days!

I was about to post this! OMG, it really did my head in for the five hours we were there.

Question: why does this bother farangs, but Thais seem to be able to go about their business without nearly going postal?

OP, that's only a minor pain. It will wear off overtime, for sure. A bigger pain is when you go to Global, buy a most fantastic high water pressure machine with an attached bucket for the soap. Didn't hear any of the jingle-pingle. Come home, start working and have no clue how to get the soap from that box into the machine.

Do I have to sue Global now for not putting any guidelines for that with the machine, or do I have to sue my alter-ego for forgetting to ask while still being in their shop?

The soap sucker only works on the lowest pressure setting, turn the pressure right down thumbsup.gif

the topic is about Global House but since you mention it how can you say there is no torture happening at Guantanamo Bay?

the internet is full of information on the types of music played at deafening levels to prisoners detained there

http://www.guardian..../usa.guantanamo

Srsly?!? The internet is also full of talking cats. So obviously talking cats must be real, because the internet is full of them.

Just because "The Guardian" carelessly tosses around the word "torture", doesn't make it torture.

Didn't mom ever teach you to not believe everything you read/ hear? Maybe Global House truly has cause irreparable mental damage. Maybe you SHOULD sue OP, maybe you should.. jerk.gif

-Mestizo

• Like 1

I was about to post this! OMG, it really did my head in for the five hours we were there.

Question: why does this bother farangs, but Thais seem to be able to go about their business without nearly going postal?

LOL I don't know.laugh.png

I always thought Global was the easiest on the nerves shopping experience.

No, that would be Rim Ping. It always seems oasis-like to me compared to walking through any shopping mall or Tesco/Big C store.

But in the area of home improvement stores.. Don't know, maybe Noppadol, as they have much cuter staff.

No, that would be Rim Ping. It always seems oasis-like to me compared to walking through any shopping mall or Tesco/Big C store.

But in the area of home improvement stores.. Don't know, maybe Noppadol, as they have much cuter staff.

Noise pollution drives me crazy here, but I 've never had a problem in Global House. I've walked out of most superstores at least once, leaving a trolley full of shopping for staff to put back on shelves, some most likely defrosted. Always enjoy a trip to Global House smile.png

It's the prices in Rimping that disturb me ;-)

Edited by MESmith

Noise pollution drives me crazy here, [...] I've walked out of most superstores at least once, leaving a trolley full of shopping for staff to put back on shelves, some most likely defrosted.

Yes, I usually only go for the items that Big C doesn't carry. But then I think about the prospect of going all the way into Big C with the crowd and the noise and then most of the time I pick up some standard stuff at Rim Ping anyway.

Honorable mention: Makro. Not too much noise and distractions, and reasonably quick to get in and out of.

Noise pollution drives me crazy here, but I 've never had a problem in Global House. I've walked out of most superstores at least once, leaving a trolley full of shopping for staff to put back on shelves, some most likely defrosted. Always enjoy a trip to Global House smile.png

Walked out leaving most likely defrosted food in your basket for others to put away ?! Gee! Thoughtful guy! blink.png

Rim Ping, especially the store near Narawat bridge is shopping paradise. Walk in and you're greeted with a blast of cold air, classical music and counter staff coo-ing "Ah Khun Nancy, good to see you". Their Airport Plaza Store gets honorable mention, but the customer service reps don't see the incoming customers and the cramped conditions can get on your nerves.

I almost hate the fact that I've learned Thai when I'm at Tops Supermarket because I can understand all the mindless Thai jingles on their P.A. It was so much better when it was gibberish. It's no surprise that I avoid the products advertised in the jingles.

what the hell were you doing there for five hours?

Edited by nattydread

He had me going there for a while. I thought my brother had come to Thailand. That is his idea of a holiday hours and hours in hardware stores and other building supply stores.

At Royal Flora? I think I spent 8 hours there - a couple of times. Great show.

Never noticed it in Goban Hout, actually. But Tesco makes me crazy sometimes: Music + the girl trying to sell hotdogs and ham on the microphone. The normal music is just an earworm. The loud hawking of wares is an outright attack on my nerves.

Having to put up with boorish replies on lighthearted threads (the norm on TV today) is even more tortuous. Any chance you could nick off to Teak Door? jerk.gif

• Like 1