What A Difference A Few Square Meters Of Shade Cloth Makes

stevehaigh

i have a roof partly covering my pool already but it was still far too warm to swim comfortably and i needed to add a lot of chlorine. i should mension its sunny all day at the moment here in phuket.

so i put about 12m2 of 85% shade cloth over the uncovered part of the pool so now i have about 80% off the total water area shaded and what a huge difference it makes. the water is cooler and nicer to swim in. i've halved my chlorine use.

highly recommended

I think our pool is a bit over 30 right now. Very nice for a late evening swim, but a bit too hot otherwise. I'll have to think about what you've done. Temporary is the key as we need all the sun we can get in December!

I think our pool is a bit over 30 right now. Very nice for a late evening swim, but a bit too hot otherwise. I'll have to think about what you've done. Temporary is the key as we need all the sun we can get in December!

Here ya go, as temporary and stylish as you want it..

bruce%20rock%20005.jpg

I like this idea too..

Here ya go, as temporary and stylish as you want it..

I like this idea too..

Nice!!!! Temp is a bit over 30 today. Nice last night, but too warm right now. Which is where I am typing this! Here's what I built over my pool:

post-5869-0-80734800-1332231309_thumb.jp

post-5869-0-07247800-1332231315_thumb.jp

I think a roof is a necessity in Thailand, just like aircon in a car, otherwise you cant swim during the day when you are hot. My pool is currently a little on the cool side, but only for the first 30 seconds, then it is brilliant. The missus can swim without changing colour too and my running costs are very low.

Very stylish sail, where did you get it?

• 3 months later...