Changing From A Work Visa To Retirement Visa

I am presently working in Chonburi and will complete a one-year contract in June. (I have been working for the same company for 11 years) I then plan to apply for a retirement visa. My question is can I apply and obtain a retirement visa before my work visa expires in June so I can just continue the day after my work visa expires with my retirement visa or would I have to leave the country? Or could I get some kind of visa extention after my work visa expires so I can apply for the retirement visa.? Thanks for any info.

At end of work you can obtain 7 days extension to pack out and believe they may allow you to extend for retirement during that time period but you would have to ask immigration office to be sure. I suspect application for retirement while working would be a non-starter but nothing lost is asking.

I'm in same situation visa and work permit expire on 3rd April as normally they are always same date. I went to Pattaya Imm yesterday and the story was come the day visa and work permit expire and change to retirement same day. all that's needed is show fund's 800,000bt, Tm7 form, 2 photo's and document showing local Thai address eg: rent book or receipt with name on. cost 1,900bt

Thanks Lopburi,

Good to know I won't have to go out of the country .

My work permit ends on July 31st so will I have to have the money (400,000) in the bank 2 months or 3 months before this date.

Also my current work permit/visa is based in Bangkok but I will have to use the Pathum Thani immigration office to change to a NON 0. (Our house address is under Pathum Thani) and my work permit has a stamp in it to comfrim my change of address.

Do you think this is possible or will it cause a problem with them being 2 different immigration offices?

thanks agoain for your help,

JJP

You might have to use the 7 day extension mentioned but believe it will still be possible. At the very worst an overnight to a Consulate to obtain a new visa entry and then 60 days later extend.

You do not have to make any change to non immigrant O visa if just changing reason for extension of stay - that only requires a non immigrant visa entry which you have if extended for work.

Thai wife extension should be 2 months in account.