Fishermans Village Area Road Surfacing.

yes, definitely avoid it. the traffic control guy is busy picking his nose and it's a real flustercluck. construction is ongoing from the traffic lights all the way around the bend to the school at the moment, lots of heavy machinery.

Are they going to continue right through Bangrak?

Depends on how much tarmac they have I guess.laugh.png They were marking the road by Orgasmic with red arrows (not sure why) so maybe they are headed that way.

Yes that will be the perfect spot for overtaking.

Especially at night.

In the middle of a power cut.

On your way to a Black Moon party.

Edited by smokie36

Arrrhh this is amazing! They're closing in on Bangrak! Any more of this and i think i'm gonna explode over my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!coffee1.gif

All we need now is Haveli to announce an afternoon of free food and carmine stuck in traffic. tongue.png

• Like 1

yes, definitely avoid it. the traffic control guy is busy picking his nose and it's a real flustercluck. construction is ongoing from the traffic lights all the way around the bend to the school at the moment, lots of heavy machinery.

biggrin.pnglaugh.pngcheesy.gif Now there is a term i've not heard since I was at Hort Skool...many years ago..... "flustercluck" . A stand in teacher used that word in regards to home gardeners, trying to create a garden landscape and have no idea what they are doing! Never forgot that term! . Spelling had a slightly different variation... wink.png

Glad I made a run to Ban Rak yesterday, all was quite normal, although I was surprised how few people there were out & about....around lunch time.... huh.png

It's amazing that people can find ways to complain about getting the long awaited road resurfacing, which can only be a good thing. And people think I am negative....

Thing is as far as Bangrak is concerned if they do not fit "sleeping police" through the center of it (which ofcourse they won't) the tarmac might well look nicer but it will be a total disaster. All that will happen is that the lunatics that currently drive trucks through there at 80km an hour will see an oppotunity to go through even faster. And thats not to mention drunkd driving through in the early morning having been out all night on the slosh! Actually it quite a terrifying prospect.

This isn't negativity, its a very sad reality

Edited by carmine

I'm curious as to whether the roadworks remained intact this morning, given their lack of marking/illumination overnight. I also note an idiot failing to heed right of way protocol & glaring at me for being in his way in the single lane!

(& for the record he was a Ferang!)

they need to do some thing asap about those road drains between the lake and the road in Chaweng, they have as most people will know just chiseled away all the concrete from around the drains. OK for cars and trucks but on the bikes a bit dodgy, even more so with all those massage places that have sprung up since i was last there, difficult to concentrate on both.

All the way to Big Buddha.How do I know?

Well ... either you are some kind of Messiah.

Or a secret supplier to the tarmac industry.

Or a certain famous visitor to the island wants to get through Bangrak as quick as possible next time they fly in. And he is a friend of yours.

Or you are guessing.

But keep the answer simple, some of the posters to this thread might not be able to take the excitement.laugh.png

they actually talked about that since they put the new street lights at Banrak. And they also talked about Ring Road 2nd phase Bophut-Nathon long time.

Don't think that there are more accidents because people drive quicker like someone mentioned. The Lake Road for instance is wider and much easier to ride than before. You can drive quicker and saver at the same time. Drunks should not drive on any street.

I spoke with the local Tessaban Representative who is in charge of Bophut. That area also falls under his jurisdiction. The money was allocated a while back.

Also spoke about all the cameras around the place. So if you ever have a mishap check with your local police station.

I spoke with the local Tessaban Representative who is in charge of Bophut. That area also falls under his jurisdiction. The money was allocated a while back. Also spoke about all the cameras around the place. So if you ever have a mishap check with your local police station.

it's funny because some of my staff just came in (road work directly in front of our offices) and said "election time is coming" referring to all the road work.

she went on to say that she's already taken money from "both sides". my caution that people don't pay this money without some expectations fell on deaf ears.

get ready for another round of bar closings lol

I spoke with the local Tessaban Representative who is in charge of Bophut. That area also falls under his jurisdiction. The money was allocated a while back. Also spoke about all the cameras around the place. So if you ever have a mishap check with your local police station.

it's funny because some of my staff just came in (road work directly in front of our offices) and said "election time is coming" referring to all the road work.

she went on to say that she's already taken money from "both sides". my caution that people don't pay this money without some expectations fell on deaf ears.

get ready for another round of bar closings lol

Well I was told about the resurfacing & the budget allocation about 3 months ago.I do not think a resurfacing action on one part of the island will do much for the election.

it's funny because some of my staff just came in (road work directly in front of our offices) and said "election time is coming" referring to all the road work. she went on to say that she's already taken money from "both sides". my caution that people don't pay this money without some expectations fell on deaf ears. get ready for another round of bar closings lol
Well I was told about the resurfacing & the budget allocation about 3 months ago.I do not think a resurfacing action on one part of the island will do much for the election.

555 what better way to sell an effort than to delay action until the next decision has to be made? personally i wouldn't expect much from the road or the election.