Where To Buy Foreign Currencies In Bangkok?

lupusdom

As titled, I need a place where I could get small change of Euros - meaning best some 1- and 2 Euro coins.

The background is that I will go to North Korea soon and need foreign money there - and as the exchange

rate seems quite a lot better (and I dont like chinese money, its always kind of old and stinking) I would

like to use Euros.

However, it seems like change is rare in Kim Jongs wonderland, so small denominations and coins seems

best.

Any advice where I might get that in Bangkok?

Well, as long as I am behaving nice it seems like still possible to go around a lot. Probably not much without guide, but I think that doesnt matter much - they are supposed to show me what I want to do.

I was also thinking of these international ATMs, but they dont carry small change.

But superrich sounds like a good idea, thanks for that

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I'm sure you are aware upon arrival you must declare your money to the exact Euro you are carrying, they are very concerned about middle men taking currency to feed the black market. A mate of mine went two years ago and said Euros were used however everything was rounded to a fiver or tenner ie 8 postcards 5 euros you couldn't buy one as there was no change. One funny story was he left 5 euros for the chamber maid and it was returned that evening by his tour guide and advised not to give tips. I personally think you are better off with a mix of Euros and Chinese money and forget the coins as most bureau de change wont accept them in the first place. I'd be most interested in your trip report - I've always wanted to go.-Enjoy

most has been said above. Seems again someone who thinks he is wiser as all of us to beat a system to ask. NO bank nor exchange whereever in TH will touch coins for change- also NOT SRich., Why do people even bother to post such nonsense?

In fact-as also pointed out, the N-Koreans also know this and do not handle euro-coins. As there are those convenient grey 5 and red 10 eur-bills- ask for these @ SRich-or VASU- as this is the best choice for such things. Come later in the day-when they have assembled a stack froim those changed before you. But as ANY stupid whitenose so eager to visit a money-rip-off place, unable to feed all of its own citizens due to idiot policies, has to use euro-they are wise enough to have a stack of change in case you only can get those lovely blue 20 notes.

NO-have not been there (just wait a few yrs and all those crap visum-extortion countries scrap them) but this is in normal-to read for everyone- guidebooks on that.

I know of no single country in the world - let alone their banks or money changers - that would accept foreign coins. Why not take a few bundles of Monopoly money? I think they should exchange at a very reasonable rate against the worthless North Korean won.

As somebody mentioned already - what for you want euro coins in N.Korea? you want to distribute them as a souvenir(Mister! you have your country coins?).If you need change - it has to be paper money.And because it is change - it means not much?

so,rate doesnt realy matter.Make sure,that your notes are in order - clean,not damaged,not very old etc.