Why Do Most Female Expats Dress Like Hippies.

maiphedmaiaroi

The farang women I see regularly in Bangkok appear to take much more pride in their dress and appearance than the farang men I see regularly.

I would agree with this assessment, and not just BKK, but all over Thailand.

As a side note, most of the Thai girls I see in Chiang Mai are usually not "all dressed up." But an attractive Thai girl could look good with just a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, sans make-up. Wonder if that's what the OP is referring to...?

Im not referring to that at all.

Just cant get my head around why most of the expat women look washed up here, id understand if they were backpacking in india.

Sure lots of farang men dress bad too. The worst being the greyish looking sex tourists marching up and down soi nana 4 all day long.

These woman dont dress like hippes at home so whjy here?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The farang women I see regularly in Bangkok appear to take much more pride in their dress and appearance than the farang men I see regularly.

As a side note, most of the Thai girls I see in Chiang Mai are usually not "all dressed up." But an attractive Thai girl could look good with just a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, sans make-up. Wonder if that's what the OP is referring to...?

Just cant get my head around why most of the expat women look washed up here, id understand if they were backpacking in india.

Sure lots of farang men dress bad too. The worst being the greyish looking sex tourists marching up and down soi nana 4 all day long.

I think women generally dress up for the occasion. Thai women would dress up for work or if they're out clubbing in the evenings. But just going out to get some eats with some pals, not so much. I live in a college town, so most of the college girls dress for comfort from what I can tell. Honestly, I hadn't noticed any extreme differences between how farang women dress vs. Thai women. But then I tend to only notice the hot women. And for them, whatever they want to wear is fine with me....biggrin.png

ive talked to (farang ) girls that cant find clothes that fit ,my ex gf was from south america

she wasnt fat but had a big ass and a good rack

she was unable to find jeans ,bras ,tops etc in the big c that could fit her kind of body

another old gf was german ,she also complained about the lack of clothes on sale she could wear

and also the shoes were not the right size either (flip flops yes ,but sexy kind of shoes no )

and she also could not get bras that she could wear

so you could easily find a kidnapper but you were unable to help your ex find clothes that fit?

I reckon if you restrict your search to Big C, you;ve got more chance of finding a kidnapper than clothes that fit. I tried buying a local brand of shoes once - I went to half a dozen places that didn't have my size, in the end - well, as you well know, I had to put them in the bin after a few months. My wife, and I think a lot of her friends, do a high proportion of their clothes shopping overseas.

SC

Poor KT just wishes the black guys wore tighter jeans so he could get a better look at what his GF's been raving about laugh.png

Just making a point; one racial term deserves another...........to be honest I could give a flying you know what about how people dress. If I had my way everyone would wear a mumu.

So which racial term was it that proved so irksome that you felt forced to respond in kind?

Point is (sorry for getting off topic) if it is ok to say "I don't like the way Farang women dress" then it should be acceptable to say "I don't like the way black women dress" or I don't like the way arabs dress" etc. etc...... insert your own racial term.

Fact is, its ignorant to use terms like that period, and westerners calling themselves "falang" is just stupid.

Perhaps my comment missed its mark, if so, sorry.

Anyway, its funny to hear people complaining about "hippies," whats next, commies and pinkos?cowboy.gif

Poor KT just wishes the black guys wore tighter jeans so he could get a better look at what his GF's been raving about laugh.png

Just making a point; one racial term deserves another...........to be honest I could give a flying you know what about how people dress. If I had my way everyone would wear a mumu.

So which racial term was it that proved so irksome that you felt forced to respond in kind?

Point is (sorry for getting off topic) if it is ok to say "I don't like the way Farang women dress" then it should be acceptable to say "I don't like the way black women dress" or I don't like the way arabs dress" etc. etc...... insert your own racial term.

Fact is, its ignorant to use terms like that period, and westerners calling themselves "falang" is just stupid.

Perhaps my comment missed its mark, if so, sorry.

Anyway, its funny to hear people complaining about "hippies," whats next, commies and pinkos?cowboy.gif

Not that I wanna get into this boring debate about whether or not he term "farang" is racis . . . .

Oh fuc_k it. I just can't be arsed with idiots today.

• Like 1

I really don't understand your problem with India.

Nor, to be honest, with how other people dress. And I dread to speculate how people I've never met nor even seen dress in their home countries thousands of miles away. Next we'll be speculating on their opinions about other posters. Why don't you approach one of the said ladies, and ask her what she wears at home, and why she wears what she wears in Thailand? You might learn about using 'off' as an adverb

SC

edit: preposition added to avoid ambiguity, and 'preposition' replaced with 'adverb'

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

Ok here is a reply from a western expat street cowboy tongue.png

To the OP: I dont know where you are seeing these women, but most western women i know here dress very well and are in good shape...and they do it for THEMSELVES (and of course their partners, because dont we all generally like to look good for our partners..?). I enjoy dressing nicely. Even wearing just jeans and a tshirt can look nice if crisp and clean. Tiring to forever read about so-called fat frumpy bad tempered etc etc western women, by western men. I have a full and active life, am a pleasant and friendly person, and i hope to stay that way as much as possible until the day i drop dead! ..and, i can say, that the woman i know, are attractive, happy, and well dressed women! I decided to put a photo of the kinds of things wear during the DAY..and that includes heels depending on where im going, even if makes me tall..because i like them. Sadly i cant (well wont) put photos of my friends, because feels wrong without their permission, but they are very presentable attractive ladies. Anyway, make any nasty comment you like, but here are some photos (threw in the dtracker one for the heck of it. Dont usually wear such casual stuff if im on a proper ride):

Got no idea how to embed a photo on here now so linking (could someone fix for me?): http://imageshack.us...2/20564207.jpg/post-33493-0-72969800-1331874691_thumb.j

(Ahh ok, i dunno how to embed, but ive attached)

Holy cow, Eek is hot!

Even if she didn't wear clothes I think she would be attractive. Or just makeup?

Ok here is a reply from a western expat street cowboy tongue.png

To the OP: I dont know where you are seeing these women, but most western women i know here dress very well and are in good shape...and they do it for THEMSELVES (and of course their partners, because dont we all generally like to look good for our partners..?). I enjoy dressing nicely. Even wearing just jeans and a tshirt can look nice if crisp and clean. Tiring to forever read about so-called fat frumpy bad tempered etc etc western women, by western men. I have a full and active life, am a pleasant and friendly person, and i hope to stay that way as much as possible until the day i drop dead! ..and, i can say, that the woman i know, are attractive, happy, and well dressed women! I decided to put a photo of the kinds of things wear during the DAY..and that includes heels depending on where im going, even if makes me tall..because i like them. Sadly i cant (well wont) put photos of my friends, because feels wrong without their permission, but they are very presentable attractive ladies. Anyway, make any nasty comment you like, but here are some photos (threw in the dtracker one for the heck of it. Dont usually wear such casual stuff if im on a proper ride):

Got no idea how to embed a photo on here now so linking (could someone fix for me?): http://imageshack.us...2/20564207.jpg/post-33493-0-72969800-1331874691_thumb.j

(Ahh ok, i dunno how to embed, but ive attached)

Nice legs ;)

• Like 1

post-123755-0-83818000-1331894413_thumb.

All I know is if I want to go out for groceries, go to McDonald's, go get gas for my car, I go out with my hair uncombed and with stubble, in ratty jeans and a t-shirt. If I do it, I can't complain about a woman doing it too.

I think you could reasonably grumble about the stubble...

• Like 1

All I know is if I want to go out for groceries, go to McDonald's, go get gas for my car, I go out with my hair uncombed and with stubble, in ratty jeans and a t-shirt. If I do it, I can't complain about a woman doing it too.

Stubble is sexy :P

Stubble is sexy tongue.png

It is, must try that on the mrs. Does it matter what colour it is ? Mine has no colour cowboy.gif

Haha..transam..i guess it depends on your missus! I realise as a western woman i probably differ in that respect to Thai women..as totally clean shaven seems preferred by women here. But i think a bit of stubble can look great on a man. Not a "i cant be arsed to shave and i smell like i havent showered in a week" sort of stubble..more of a "im a man who is relaxed" sort of stubble.

..but honestly,..im not too sure that white stubble would really work..lol..sorry!! ^.^

Haha..transam..i guess it depends on your missus! I realise as a western woman i probably differ in that respect to Thai women..as totally clean shaven seems preferred by women here. But i think a bit of stubble can look great on a man. Not a "i cant be arsed to shave and i smell like i havent showered in a week" sort of stubble..more of a "im a man who is relaxed" sort of stubble.

..but honestly,..im not too sure that white stubble would really work..lol..sorry!! ^.^

Must admit the mrs wanted me to be ''hip'', so l grew it a bit and hated it, so did she, so back to being an old smoothy. Works great. giggle.gif

Stubble is sexy tongue.png

More so on a gentleman than a lady, though

A few people are asking about what i wear or what do i look like?

Why? This is irrelevant. The thread is about my opinion that western women seem to let themselves go when they come to thailand. Expats i mean.

Its like they are travelling around india or something.

As i said it would be pleasant to see more women making a effect. I know its hot here but come on surely a nice flower patterned dress wouldnt make you sweat much more.

Now thats another one? Ever seen a farang lady not in a tourist area wearing a dress??? I havent.

ive talked to (farang ) girls that cant find clothes that fit ,my ex gf was from south america

she wasnt fat but had a big ass and a good rack

she was unable to find jeans ,bras ,tops etc in the big c that could fit her kind of body

another old gf was german ,she also complained about the lack of clothes on sale she could wear

and also the shoes were not the right size either (flip flops yes ,but sexy kind of shoes no )

and she also could not get bras that she could wear

so you could easily find a kidnapper but you were unable to help your ex find clothes that fit?

i wouldnt go clothes shop with a woman if you paid me ........id have more fun at the dentist