Non Imm O (Married) In Singapore

Just a update for your guys as I went to Singapore this week for a new Non Imm O (married) visa.

Although by email correspondence the Royal Thai Embassy wrote me that I would not get more then 3 months as I was not Singaporian I decided to try it anyway as I prefer staying in Singapore above KL where I did it the last 3 years.

I had all the required paperwork as posted on their website.

Extra paperwork I brought with me was a signed copy of my passport (not required) signed copy of my wifes tambien baan (not required but she took it anyway)

The Singaporian lady check all paperwork before you hit the counter (what only speeds up the whole process as there are still people without the correct documents).

The whole process tooks me less then 30 minutes and the next day collection was about 5 minutes. On both days I have not seen more then 20 people the time I was there. So very convinient compaired to KL.

• Like 1

With 400,000 in the bank in Thailand you cna get a 1 year extenson of stay from immigration, without the need to leave the country every 90 days.

True, but there are extra hoops to jump through than what the OP had.

Doesn't appear that he had to produce multitudes of photos, a neighbour, or pay 3,000 baht for the police to come and look through his house.

When I went to Immigration to ask about what was necessary, the Immigration official told me that it would be soooooo much easier to get a retirement visa, which was true.

However, if you can't afford the 800,000 in the bank for 2/ 3 months, I guess the marriage visa is the way to go.

Going Saturday 24th so l can have a truck load of folk to bring back my ciggy supplies. drunk.gif

PS. last time l went to Chong Mek, took a pal for his run, l didn't go through, asked them all to bring a pack of cigs (200) each. The all came back with two packs each and no problems with customs huh.png .

Edited by transam

With 400,000 in the bank in Thailand you cna get a 1 year extenson of stay from immigration, without the need to leave the country every 90 days.

Mario is absolutely right here. SO where is the reason to leave the country and making your Visa in KL or Singapore when with 400k on your account in Thailand (or and proofed 60k income a month) you can make it IN Thailand?

Mario is absolutely right here. SO where is the reason to leave the country and making your Visa in KL or Singapore when with 400k on your account in Thailand (or and proofed 60k income a month) you can make it IN Thailand?

The answer the OP gave was that he was never sure of timing as he works off shore.

I wonder if he knows that you can apply any time during the life of your existing Visa (AFAIK) and the 12 months Extension of Stay runs consecutive to the previous Visa.

The relevance of the 30 days is either the 30 days Visa they give to allow them to check that the marriage is 'real' or 30 days from flying in on Visa Waiver.

Confusing.

Edited by mickba

True, but there are extra hoops to jump through than what the OP had.

Doesn't appear that he had to produce multitudes of photos, a neighbour, or pay 3,000 baht for the police to come and look through his house.

When I went to Immigration to ask about what was necessary, the Immigration official told me that it would be soooooo much easier to get a retirement visa, which was true.

However, if you can't afford the 800,000 in the bank for 2/ 3 months, I guess the marriage visa is the way to go.

I get the impression that as a retirement visa is handled by the local office, in my case ChiangMai but the marriage visa is issued out of Bangkok the local immigration Department would prefer for you to stay within their remit. The local immigration office made it fairly clear to me last year when I considered converting from a retirement visa to a marriage visa that I would have to make myself available or at least a month following application and it would be much easier for me to have them issue an extension on my last years retirement Visa. Are my assumption is correct?

There are several reasons to obtain visa entry even if qualified for extension of stay - as you can not obtain a multi entry visa in Thailand and for marriage must be available 30 days after application - that rules out most persons working outside Thailand who do not have that long a time here without the need to leave. For others doing frequent travel using a multi entry visa avoids the need to visit immigration and he/wife/both having to take time off work.

Actually bullshit..I´ve got a non immigrant type O visa, multi entry..last time I checked I´m not married...no recollection of the wedding yeah bull crap .. caca de toro....100% Type O visa is for business or volunteers.

Non-O visa (other) is for retirement, Thai family and for volunteers.

• Like 1

I (married/multi entry) have just been at the immigration office in Kanchanaburi.

Marriage Visa is a Non 'O' (single or Multi) given because you are married to kon Thai.

When you request NON immigrant type 'O' because you are married to a Thai (Marriage VISA) they will check wedding papers and wedding/famely pictures .

At least in Kanchannaburi

Mogens

Actually at immigration suspect you were extending a non immigrant O visa entry for Thai wife if you have to supply such paperwork. They do not issue multi entry non immigrant O visas at Immigration (in fact they only issue single entry if you qualify for one year extension of stay and are doing in that process).

The non immigrant O visa is issued the "other" reasons. Not for business and not for tourism or education or diplomatic or other listed visa categories. It is issued for visiting Thai family, for retirement, for NGO volunteers and such.

• Like 1

The post seems to have drifted away from the initial purpose.

It was an update for Singapore, and reflects what was added to the update summary by Thaiphoon in January.

See 433392-current-visa-availability-summary-from-neighboring-countries.

I had similar experience late last year and concur. It was a simple and speedy process. I got a one year married non O multiple entry. They did not need as much paperwork as expected but the money in bank requirement is 400,000. Other places do not need as much money.

The biggest problem is the need to spend 2 nights in Singapore because morning budget airline flights are not early enough to be sure that you get there in time to submit the first day. So I arrived late at night submit next morning, pick up the day after and fly back.

There are plenty of cheap hostels in Singapore and some are reasonably ok.

Mario 2008 is right about the visa from immigration, but has not stated that you MUST have had the marriage fully registered in Thailand, and you need lots of other paperwork, the wife must be with you, and the 30 days pointed out by others. I advise that you check out fully the paperwork requirements.

I have not yet had my marriage fully registered here. Most of my friends in Thailand do not have the marriage fully registered in Thailand because of the concern for the wife’s rights. Such as whether the wife may not be allowed to own land. This used to be the case, and my wife has been told this by others.

I believe that this has changed, but have not yet investigated fully to convince my wife. ( - we have only been married one year).

This post reminded me to do an internet search which I have now done. It looks like the change was in 1999.

A site I found explains on

http://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/land-ownership-and-thai-spouse.html

The rest of the site looks extremely useful for a lot of legal information, so try having a look at

http://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/thailand-family-laws.html

Hope this helps everybody.

Jojo

There is no longer an issue wih the rights of a Thai wife owning land. That rule has been abolished and she can own land as any other Thai.

But you as foreigner must sign a statement that you don' have any claim to the land.

Thanks Mario

That agrees with what the samui site says. It also gives advice on the statement and sample format.

I am just about to buy more land for my wife so this is good timing. I was overdue on getting the clarification.

Question.

I am legally married in thailand to a Thai and stay on a NON "0" 3 month visa ( 2 second time) because my 400000 Bath in the bank missed 3 days - bad luck :-)

1. Are there any reason why the local immigration office do not issue a multi reentry visa extension when you apllay for 1 year visa extension ?

It is kind of sad not to be able to visit once parrents without having to apply for new visa.

Especially if you intent to apply for permenent resident after 3 times "1 Year Visa"

2. Excuse my ignorence.... Where is KL ?

In case immigration local immigration can not issue a multi... if will deffently go to singapore .... and later name my first born "Phuket1"

daviddrinkell

I stayed at the 81 Hotel-Palace in Geylang District

http://www.agoda.com..._81_palace.html

Small room, but lively Location, if you not mind that Geylang is a bit a Red Light District. near Skytrain-Underground

Cheap price for Singapore, but extremly small room. about 1.500.- Baht double room

http://www.tripadvis...re.html#REVIEWS

I would prefer another Embassy so, but who likes to deal with the unfriendly staff.

Positive, not very busy with customers that Consular section.

MogensBjerg

KL = Kuala Lumpur

Edited by ALFREDO