Where To Teach My Partner To Drive A Car Myself?

rickthailand

The car park of the Royal flower festval was the the place previous, maybe still is.

I got kicked out of there by a security guy last time I took my daughter there for driving practice. Prasertland parking lot between Niemenhamen and the Canal Rd works good.

Ratchapreuk marketing department missing out on a trick there. One of the outer car parks marked out with cones and chalk lines makes a great place to get some practise in without endangering anyone - my wife started out there until some jobsworth threw us off. I then tried to see if we could rent it because I thought there was a small business to be made from organising it properly, but without any discussion it was all mai dai, mai dai.

I talked later to one of the team whose job it was to try to attract events to offset the huge maintenance bills and his lament was that there was no promotion budget for anything, so it remains unused most of the year while at the other end of Canal Road someone's brother and his friends are profiting obscenely from the construction of a convention centre destined to cause gridlock should they ever get a major show to hire it.

Edit: Chiang Mai Country Garden - head towards Sankampeng and about 3 or 4 km later you'll see a faded development with an arch on the left. Tons of paved road, lots of junctions and almost nothing in the way of traffic. I'll add it to my map over the weekend.

Edited by Greenside

I got some driving lessons from a school and they took me here each day, just off Canal road close to the 700 year stadium -

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=18.836262,98.965718&hl=en&ll=18.836288,98.965756&spn=0.00332,0.004479&sll=18.836288,98.965777&sspn=0.00332,0.004479&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=18&z=18

A little bit bumpy but it did the job well enough, lot's of small empty roads to drive down

One of the basic rules in Photography used to be,

'Never shoot your relatives wedding', you may live to regret it.

I think the same goes for teaching someone close to you to drive.

Don't do it yourself get a professional.

The car park of the Royal flower festval was the the place previous, maybe still is.

I got kicked out of there by a security guy last time I took my daughter there for driving practice. Prasertland parking lot between Niemenhamen and the Canal Rd works good.

Yes, took the wife there to give her some lessons. Amazing, she completed over 10 hours with an "instructor" and he never even got her to try accelerating hard or breaking hard. Never mind about turning and accelerating. This open space served us well for her to get a better feel for the car, as well as practice parking.

Wow that explains why Thais turn so slowly...they are never really trained how to do it.