Connecting Internet To A Television Set-Top Box By Wifi

nivram4491

Yes, of course.

Many, many people use this Tenda W150M here. http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/Product/show.aspx?productid=371

You can use the "Client + AP" mode, connecting the ethernet port to your STB, and the WiFi connection your AP. They are a little tricky to configure, but there are some Youtube videos which clearly show how to set these up.

Where did you get the Tenda and how much? I have a Western Digital Media Player hooked up downstairs and it is not wireless. So this sounds perfect.

Thanks for the help

I only install these ;) but I am under the impression they are purchased at Fortune Town and cost 1,000 baht or less.

I suspect there are other models from other manufacturers, but the Tenda unit seems popular with the STB crowd here these days.

Where did you get the Tenda and how much? I have a Western Digital Media Player hooked up downstairs and it is not wireless. So this sounds perfect.

Thanks for the help

FYI, your WDTV Live can be made wireless by buying a compatible USB WiFi adapter and using it in one of the USB ports on the WD box. The WD website has a list of compatible adapters. I found one that was on the list at Fortune in one of the shops. Works flawlessly.

Thanks for the help

FYI, your WDTV Live can be made wireless by buying a compatible USB WiFi adapter and using it in one of the USB ports on the WD box. The WD website has a list of compatible adapters. I found one that was on the list at Fortune in one of the shops. Works flawlessly.

Ive been using a USB WiFi adapter on a WD TV Live for some time , and it works fine , just make sure the USB adapter is on the approved adapter list .