Best Travel Agent In Chiang Mai

ianf

There are so many scammy places in Chiang Mai ..... but I need an honest and reliable travel agent that will actually give me real tickets. I want to travel

CMX-BKK-Amsterdam (Eva Air)-LHR-BKK (Eva Air)-CMX exiting immigration through Chiang Mai due to the hassle of Suvarnabum.

Any advice will be welcomed. Thanks.

Edited by ianf

I always check the ITA website before booking a ticket to find the lowest price to my destination during a particular month. When checking their website, I found an acceptable fare which I went to at least three or four travel agents in Chiang Mai, and wanted to book and pay for the ticket on the spot. The quote that I got from the travel agents were between 5,000 and 12,000 baht more than the ITA website for the same flight on the same day. I would book on a website like Expedia, but I have to have special seating because of some mobility problems, and I cannot do that on the website. After the travel agents could not come close to the Korean Air price, I went to their office at the airport and they booked the ticket efficiently, gave me special seating, and gave me the ITA pricing for the ticket. This taught me to go to the source rather than dealing with unproductive and lazy agents in Chiang Mai.

Friends and I always book with Jimmy Travel at the south east corner of town just kiddy-corner across from the Pantip Plaza. It's the little shop with the skin eating fish... just down from the corner. We are having problems with internet at my residence and Jimmy got my ticket booked quickly with no problems.

On Sridoncai Road at Changklan road. Phone # 0 5328-0788 or 0 5327 2005

Korean Air is now flying out of Chiang Mai 7 days a week. I'm flying to Prague in April and the States in June. 4 travel agents could not beat the price offered at the Korean Airlines airport office. The economy class seats from Chiang Mai to Seoul are cramped, but it's a relatively short flight. After that the economy seats have as much leg room as EVA "economy delux.." The office opens at 3:30 PM. The flights to Europe and the east coast of the US are non stop from Seoul.