Steady Income In Thailand?

ObsessiveAddict

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between Oasis gogo and Seaside 2 resturant, there is a bar that employ men to plesure woman.

Barfine for a white boy is 700 baht, or at least was, of which you get to keep half.

You also get an income for each beer that a woman buys you, and of cource a good tip for a night. It is very late working hours, or should i say early ?

Five star hotels also provide woman with services, but this really require connection to get a foot in

probably shouldnt even ask but ............why do u know how much it costs to bar fine a young white boy ?

Edited by wana

I trade currencies, been doing it for a few years. Used to work in the dealing room for a stockbrokers in London in my youth so I guess I'm utilising experience and skills that I gained in the UK, to a certain extent. Takes some effort to learn but it's far from impossible, even if you've never traded anything in your life. (I used to think I needed a work permit to do it when in Thailand but apparently I don't)

The income can be fairly steady but it's a bad choice if you are the kind of person who needs a regular pay packet to feel secure. However, I have always thought that working for somebody else is the least secure way of making money. You only have one source of income and it can be taken away from you at any time.

EDIT: Of course, you do need some money to start with, but perhaps not as much as some people may think. What's more important, in the early stages, is having a little time to increase your capital with your trading activities, without having to keep making withdrawals from your account to buy food etcetera.

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

I trade my own account, nothing to do with boiler rooms. I was just trying to be helpful, why be such a <deleted>?

(I have no market access at the weekends, so Saturdays and Sundays are always slow days)

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

Learn to speak Thai and have a large group of the prettiest gals in town who will service the unsuspecting tourists coming here to visit temples and eat Padt Thai Gai... for a fee of course.

Oh Ian, you have such class.

Between Oasis gogo and Seaside 2 resturant, there is a bar that employ men to plesure woman.

Barfine for a white boy is 700 baht, or at least was, of which you get to keep half.

You also get an income for each beer that a woman buys you, and of cource a good tip for a night. It is very late working hours, or should i say early ?

Five star hotels also provide woman with services, but this really require connection to get a foot in

probably shouldnt even ask but ............why do u know how much it costs to bar fine a young white boy ?

I was talking with mama-san over the conditions if i got to work there,

btw i'm not that young, i was perhaps 36-38 when i made the inquiry,

a work permit wasnt included in the deal

Edited by poanoi

I used to think I needed a work permit to do it when in Thailand but apparently I don't

and of course you have this in writing from Immigration and the labour office ?

Nope, never asked (that's why I used the word "apparently"), but managing one's investments is allowed I believe. I think I read it on here though, so it could be utter rubbish.

Do all the people on thaivisa without work permits have a letter from immigration to confirm that they do not need one then?

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

I used to think I needed a work permit to do it when in Thailand but apparently I don't

Nope, never asked (that's why I used the word "apparently"), but managing one's investments is allowed I believe. I think I read it on here though, so it could be utter rubbish.

Do all the people on thaivisa without work permits have a letter from immigration to confirm that they do not need one then?

I have a visa which does not allow me to do any work. That's my favourite kind! tongue.png

• Like 2

I have a visa which does not allow me to do any work. That's my favourite kind! tongue.png

If I hadn't been a feckless youth I wouldn't be working investing now probably. Still, I enjoyed it at the time. :)

I was talking with mama-san over the conditions if i got to work there,

btw i'm not that young, i was perhaps 36-38 when i made the inquiry,

a work permit wasnt included in the deal

Women aren't going to pay for sex.

See all those bars? They are a testament to how imbalanced the sex drives are in men and women.

Absurd. You've merely encountered one of our resident little Mother Superiors. Got you, too; chalk one up in her column.

Relax.

clap2.gifclap2.gif Great post!

Could you give me directions please, my bar girl says i am hansum man, i need a part time job also.

When i first came to this country i had the same thoughts as the poster of this thread,, do something to earn a little cash, as time goes on i realise (as do thousands) of other ex-pats who live here that if you don't have sufficient funds to live here without working you will be in serious trouble down the line,,, here are a few lines that i keepreminding myself daily

*** the way to make a small fortune in this country is to bring a large fortune in the beginning when you come here

*** work visas, good luck to you

*** work what work for how much, i employed a loal bricklayer to help me build a house for $5 an hour, i'll pay you the same and you work from 7 am until at least 6pm

*** did you hear about the guy who bought his girlfriend a coffee shop, he didn't have a work visa, immigration guy took a photo of him holding a coffee mug behind the counter, he was deported, his visa cancelled HE WAS WORKING said immigration

And it goes on and on and on, remember we are visitors in this country, the locals get priority and everyone else gets out money.

If anyone knows of any falang westerner not falang of asian origin actually making money in this country (profit) please i would love to know about it because i have not heard of anyone yet (legally) i do know of people who work part time, internet work but it

does not involve physical work time in thailand, mainly internet work that is for off shore companies, that i think is OK.

Good luck everyone.

I hear that opening a bar is a great business opportunity, loads are for sale, cheap cheap.

I ask myself why are many for sale when it is a great business opportunity?

Because the opportunity is from the sellers side of view.
  • Like 1

See all those bars? They are a testament to how imbalanced the sex drives are in men and women.

I know for a fact that Thai women will definitely pay for sex.

They're just far more discreet about it than men.

You're right; you don't need a work permit to manage investments on any stock exchange but what you're doing is currency trading which, strictly speaking, is defined as work.

Of course, it'd be a cold day in hell before anyone's hauled up for it so as long as you keep schtum you should be sweet.

As long as your profits are rolling in to your Thai bank account from the UK, you're laughing.

Western women too.

Tansania, Tunesia, Egypt, Turkey, Dominican Republic.... Lots of sex tourism.

Only Western media rarely report about it. Women can't do wrong.

You're right; you don't need a work permit to manage investments on any stock exchange but what you're doing is currency trading which, strictly speaking, is defined as work.

Of course, it'd be a cold day in hell before anyone's hauled up for it so as long as you keep schtum you should be sweet.

As long as your profits are rolling in to your Thai bank account from the UK, you're laughing.

Did I say currency trading? Sorry, I must have drunk too much tonight. I meant long-term investing in shares of course. I get confused late at night.

(It goes without saying that any profits I do make only roll in to my Thai bank account in the fiscal year after they were realised, for tax reasons)

Edited by inthepink

Western women too.

Tansania, Tunesia, Egypt, Turkey, Dominican Republic.... Lots of sex tourism.

Only Western media rarely report about it. Women can't do wrong.

Just showing off... I'm not impressed by feminists.

When i first came to this country i had the same thoughts as the poster of this thread,, do something to earn a little cash, as time goes on i realise (as do thousands) of other ex-pats who live here that if you don't have sufficient funds to live here without working you will be in serious trouble down the line,,, here are a few lines that i keepreminding myself daily

*** the way to make a small fortune in this country is to bring a large fortune in the beginning when you come here

*** work visas, good luck to you

*** work what work for how much, i employed a loal bricklayer to help me build a house for $5 an hour, i'll pay you the same and you work from 7 am until at least 6pm

*** did you hear about the guy who bought his girlfriend a coffee shop, he didn't have a work visa, immigration guy took a photo of him holding a coffee mug behind the counter, he was deported, his visa cancelled HE WAS WORKING said immigration

And it goes on and on and on, remember we are visitors in this country, the locals get priority and everyone else gets out money.

If anyone knows of any falang westerner not falang of asian origin actually making money in this country (profit) please i would love to know about it because i have not heard of anyone yet (legally) i do know of people who work part time, internet work but it

does not involve physical work time in thailand, mainly internet work that is for off shore companies, that i think is OK.

Good luck everyone.

Hi. There are plenty.

I work here running my own business. Yes its internet based but is for a foreign owned (me) Thai registered boi approved business. We work hard, deliver quality products and have both Thai and international customers.

We have almost 20 foreign staff, all legal, all with work permits, all making a good salary for Thailand.

There are a lot of farrang in Thailand without the motivation or patience to succeed in Thailand. Many are perfectly happy getting by doing little, lots came for exactly that reason. But claiming that the possibilities don't exist to make a good living just shows your ignorance.

I always think of it as...

If you are good at what you do then you should be able to do it anywhere.