My Funeral Music

Daffy D

I live in a rural area with a couple of temples and an open space where they have regular noisy

events near me on three sides.

This morning I was woken again before dawn by music blasting from one of the temples rattling

the windows, yet another funeral.

This happens on a regular basis and can go on for several days depending on the "Hi-So" of the

departed. The more wealth the more days of "celebrations"

While lying there in the dark listening to my windows rattling I got to thinking to about the situation,

yet again, and while realizing nothing could be done I did realized could get my own back at my

own funeral.

I am going to put together a CD of good old rock music. Starting calmly enough with perhaps a

couple of Slim Whitman and Hank Williams tracks progressing to a few of belters from Lonnie

Donegan and Bill Haley of course, moving onto some of the rock numbers from Elvis and Little

Richard and finishing with a giant blast from Eddie Cochran and Jerry Lee Lewis.

I shall make it a condition of my will that this CD should be played full blast day and night non stop

for at least three days. If my wish is not carried out all my money will go to a cat home.

That'll show em!

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Don't forget "Going Underground" by The Jam.

or maybe more appropriately for me "Highway to Hell" AC/DC

or for our not so well off OAP's and "English Teachers" who dont have a pot to p*ss in..." Nobody knows you when your down and out"......believe original version was Bessy Smith, but made "popular" again by Eric Clapton

Edited by Soutpeel

Can someone tell Daffy D that you are allowed to move house in Thailand.........anyway.......

The Doors..............Light My Fire

Can someone tell Daffy that it doesn't matter what the heck HE wants, the Thais will play what THEY want.

The funeral is not about HIM !!!! :)

Can someone tell Daffy D that you are allowed to move house in Thailand.........anyway.......

The Doors..............Light My Fire

Can someone tell Daffy that it doesn't matter what the heck HE wants, the Thais will play what THEY want.

The funeral is not about HIM !!!! smile.png

Only in the role of financier deceased.drunk.gif

I suppose by planning ahead you could have a list available so as to tailor your final tune to the circumstances of your demise such as:

Learning to Fly - Pink Floyd should you suffer from a Pattaya Condo Freefall 'suicide'

Highway to Hell - AC/DC for the odds on favourite Thai road death

Disco Inferno - Tina Turner in the case of Santika like event.

The best way I personally have found to counter this, is I play Flowers of the Forrest for the deceased, ON the Bagpipes.

( Funny, my neighbour came knocking on my door at 03:20am a little while back, but I was not too perturbed about this, as I was playing my bagpipes, so I was awake anyway. 555.

Joke ok!)

Some funny ideas in this thread, brought back the memory of attending the funeral of a good friend who was not always on the right side of the law.

The funeral opened with the classic "I fought the law and the law won"clap2.gif

Never seen so many smiling faces at a funeral ever.

RIP Jonny.

Immigrant song - Led Zeppelin

We gotta get out of this place - Angels

Burn for you - Inxs

Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin

That should just about take care of it, repeat as required.

Cheers

edit - forgot one.

Edited by Litlos

JS Bach: the adagio from the violin concerto in E major...and there has to be movement like wid carrying the remains to the hearse...and ye can't just sit an' listen to it...an', I want tears and howls of grief, goddamit...

and then, the eulogy:...'tutsiwarrior was an asshol_e...but he was our collective asshol_e whereby we expelled our guilt when we sold out...a bleeding asshol_e that hemmoraged in pain and with mortality when we gave up the basic values that he upheld to the end...and; don't mourn for him as he shall never mourn fer you...'

I want to hear them scream, goddamit...

Edited by tutsiwarrior