Bph Admits To Using Pip Breast Implants

Ohio

I have just had confirmed that my wifes implants by BPH were the disasterous PIP brand & all they would suggest is 'Watch' them & check every 6 months.

<deleted> . They should be replaced without charge immediately.

• Like 1

Because some Western Government have made an absurd overreaction to a very small risk - you are expecting the same thing to happen in Thailand. Why?

Yeah, and how many girls with decent looking implants would want to go through the whole surgical process a 2nd time to remove something that is causing no problems.

I would guess very few, even if the replacement is free.

Ohio...I have friends who have had these replaced recently, which were leaking.

I would advise if you can afford it to have them replaced as soon as possible. Indeed a surgeon I know is replacing the ones he put in and waiving his fee for this. He's not based in Thailand I should add.

Interesting the "top brand" private hospital in Pattaya should choose this particular brand. I remember seeing some TV program about women with implants leaking silicone, not a pretty sight, that stuff is seriously bad for you once it leaks.

I am concerned when INDUSTRIAL goods are used in the human body by a Medical Practise .

How silly I suppose

I wouldn't park all the blame on BPH for the filling as thousands of hospitals over the world used them unaware of what actually was in them.

Not everyone is getting them replaced for nothing and I am sure BPH will do there utmost not to do it for free. Some adverse publicity might help your case but I wouldnt hold my breath. I am sure there will be money involved somehow.

If i was that worried I'd be looking to get them out whether it cost me or not.

I know there would be a cost . It is BPH after all.. I couldn't care less about cost ,I am concerned & BPH & the hundreds of Hospitals world wide that used these I doubt had any idea of the Truth,but I just expected a more positive attitude about getting them out then "watch & check every 6 months" .

We now have found that an acquantance of my wifes who had them as well at BPH has just had a Masectomy because of a Cancer development & that is a worry.

Because of the removals being done at our home Country there is a 'back up' & long wait, so I foolishly thought that the "International" BPH where we had it done would be more Worlds Best Practise obliging to assist.

I guess after travelling there annually for over 20+ years one tends to forget some of the attitudes that still exist .

I know there would be a cost . It is BPH after all.. I couldn't care less about cost ,I am concerned & BPH & the hundreds of Hospitals world wide that used these I doubt had any idea of the Truth,but I just expected a more positive attitude about getting them out then "watch & check every 6 months" .

We now have found that an acquantance of my wifes who had them as well at BPH has just had a Masectomy because of a Cancer development & that is a worry.

Because of the removals being done at our home Country there is a 'back up' & long wait, so I foolishly thought that the "International" BPH where we had it done would be more Worlds Best Practise obliging to assist.

I guess after travelling there annually for over 20+ years one tends to forget some of the attitudes that still exist .

You dont need to tell me about the attitude of BPH but I bet if you had went in and said I want them out I will pay for it Your wife would have had it done in days.. They will just fob you off as much as possible if they think it is going to cost them.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with BC 3 weeks after I came here 2 years ago and have went through all the Mas and chemo and others stuff related to chemo treatment.

I have spent 100s k there and cant even ask a question with the doctor relating to side effects of tablets which I have to take.without them saying you will need to speak to this doctor not me... I will make an appointment or just go down and see him . Aye right by the time Im finished with him it will cost me another 20k. All they think of is money money. I cant complain about the treatment I had but attitude stinks.

Seriously go somewhere else and speak to someone and get them out if they have the slightest chance of causing BC and tell her to go natural. as the bc alternative is not very nice.

The hospital used implants that were approved by many jurisdictions around the world as safe, and both you and the hospital agreed to the PIP implants. I do not see why the hospital is under any obligation to replace them free of charge.

Your beef is with the manufacturers, who unfortunately are going to be bankrupt.

quote "They should be replaced without charge immediately " (my emphasis)

I am amazed that you or your wife want to have them replaced, I would not trust any plastic bag being implanted after this.

That said still hope nothing untoward happens to op's wife

The hospital used implants that were approved by many jurisdictions around the world as safe, and both you and the hospital agreed to the PIP implants. I do not see why the hospital is under any obligation to replace them free of charge.

Your beef is with the manufacturers, who unfortunately are going to be bankrupt.

quote "They should be replaced without charge immediately " (my emphasis)

I am amazed that you or your wife want to have them replaced, I would not trust any plastic bag being implanted after this.

That said still hope nothing untoward happens to op's wife

Agree, this was a medical device approved for use in humans by many supposedly sophisticated Western governments. As stated, your beef is with the product's manufacturer and not the local hospital and/or the MD who implanted them. I assume you were provided with documentation about the implants prior to the surgery. If any fraud/misrepresentations re the product's safety were made, it was likely by the manufacturer. Maybe return to farangland and join-up with or file your own lawsuit against the manufacturer. In the meantime, if you are concerned re your wife's health, just pay the couple thousand dollars to get them removed or replaced. Just hope you got some good use out of them while they were in there :)

Don't forget that not all PiP implants are potentially harmful.

It has been proven that a good number of them are just regular implants of good quality, with standard medical silicone in them.

I don't know the state of the investigations in the PiP case, but if the production charge numbers of the faulty products are known, you might want to compare the charge numbers - it might avoid an unnecessary operation.

Edited by manarak

I am concerned when INDUSTRIAL goods are used in the human body by a Medical Practise .

How silly I suppose

If you are so concerned about industrial goods in a human body you shouldn't have let your wife have the operation in the first place me thinks.