Passport Pages

hi can anyone tell me if 4 full pages on my passport is enough for 2 more visa runs to cambodia when the pages are no 4, 26.27 and 30 as i have been told they will not use the pages 4 or 30 is that correct? i will have to get a new passport when i go back to the uk next year.

I am not sure why you think that there will be any problem using page 4 and 30. I have stamps on both these in my passport. Each visa run will take 1 2/3 pages. You will get a full page Cambodia visa plus four small stamps - in and out for both Thai and Cambo.

You can renew new passport at the British Embassy in Bangkok

hi can anyone tell me if 4 full pages on my passport is enough for 2 more visa runs to cambodia when the pages are no 4, 26.27 and 30 as i have been told they will not use the pages 4 or 30 is that correct? i will have to get a new passport when i go back to the uk next year.

:D

I realise we're dealing with a U.K. passport here, but a U.S. passport can have extra pages added at the embessy in Bangkok if all pages are filled with visa stamps. It used to be free of charge, but there may now be a charge for the service. Can a U.K. passport have pages added at the U.K. embessy in Bangkok? If so it might be worthwhile to avoid the hassle of a whole new passport.

:o

Just a bit of news: I went to the Cambodia border once and was informed that I couldn't get my Cambodia stamp as I had no pages with "numbers on them" left. I said I would have to go back and this is when they said "Oh no problem, pay 2000 Baht and it'll be worked out. Had to go back across anyway to get the money but came back and sure as sh1t, they put the stamp on one of my non numbered pages and 2000 baht paid. Got new pages put in when I got back. Now I don't have to do that anymore as I have the one year visa.

The OP will of course know that:

1 UK passports are cheaper in the UK (no consulate fee)

2 Prices go up, quite a lot, is it in Januaray?

3 If you have time left on your old passport it can be transfered to your new passport, up to 9 months, ie your new passport runs for 10 yrs and 9 months.

1  UK passports are cheaper in the UK (no consulate fee)

You just need to add the flight ticket to the UK - makes it really economical.

2  Prices go up, quite a lot, is it in Januaray?

Never heard of that month.

3  If you have time left on your old passport it can be transfered to your new passport, up to 9 months, ie your new passport runs for 10 yrs and 9 months.

1  UK passports are cheaper in the UK (no consulate fee)

The standard service, aiming to return your passport in 3 weeks is cheaper the renewing in Thailand.  The guaranteed one week service is about the same price.  The 24 hour service is more expensive.  It depends on how long you will be in the UK as to which will be cheaper

2  Prices go up, quite a lot, is it in Januaray?

Unfortunately the increase took effect on 1 December

3  If you have time left on your old passport it can be transfered to your new passport, up to 9 months, ie your new passport runs for 10 yrs and 9 months.

MarkUK - the OP did state he would be in the UK next year so the air fare does not need to come into the equation

- when is Thai visa going to add a speel cheker?

Believe there are add on units for most browsers which will do the trick. From the speed problems we seem to have now would not think adding a spell checker would be effective - think it is probably more productive to do it on your own computer.

:o Thank you all for your replys it looks like the person who told me you cant use the pages was wrong. I only have to do 2 more visa runs before I go back to the uk for a holiday so 4 pages should do ok. I dont want all the problems of changing passport in thailand as you then have to get your visa transferd to new passport, i will wait untill i get back to the uk. Thanks everyone :D

Peel out the Cambodian Visas a few months after they're used.

Gives you a new empty page.

Any such action will invalidate you passport if detected.

Lopburi3. Reconfirmed. You have no sense of humour.

RECONFIRMED. You are a flamer. A member for a day and carrying on like a loonie. You are unlikely to last here :o

"RECONFIRMED. You are a flamer. A member for a day and carrying on like a loonie. You are unlikely to last here"

hewhonose has a very similar writing style to my ex-sparring partner, the recently departed SeenAllLearntNothing :D:D:D

Check his IP :o

I only have to do 2 more visa runs before I go back to the uk for a holiday

So you are working here? If so doing visa runs means you do not have work permit.

Lets hope immigration don't read this and look out for someone with your clearly identifiable passport. What were the blank pages again?

I am not working here :D I am retired but I dont have enough money in the bank to get a retired visa or a marrage visa so I do 90 day visa runs. I go back to the uk every year to visit my family. The passport no is 4 the first blank page in my passport and 26,27 and the last page in my passport no 30. :o