Does Anyone Know......

KIWIBATCH

btw you realize that it was just confirmed that the balloons were not a problem to the security guard as he did not care if he brought half in? He only got beat on because the midget was racist? Criticizing my post just makes you look worse except to your fellow lower class $expat friends.

I like having you on this forum thailand. Your wit and intelligence and insight is a valuable addition to thaivisa, and I commend you. Your presence makes everyone else look rather ordinary by comparison.

I can't get the image of a midget racist out of my mind. It makes me smile inside.

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad story for the little girl, to see her father hit for some silly balloons, and one might argue that the guard overreacted, but..

Far too often i have seen large sized foreigners treating Thais with contempt, just because they have fat wallets and larger bodies, and confuse kindness with weakness.

My point is, would the Irish guy acted in the same way in US or in Europe ?

If I stood next to the guy, he would be at least 10 cm shorter than me, and contrary to the opinions of other people who sit in their rooms in their countries and watch the video of the END OF THE EVENT and make rash judgements, he is NOT old, or fat!

btw you realize that it was just confirmed that the balloons were not a problem to the security guard as he did not care if he brought half in? He only got beat on because the midget was racist? Criticizing my post just makes you look worse except to your fellow lower class $expat friends.

I like having you on this forum thailand. Your wit and intelligence and insight is a valuable addition to thaivisa, and I commend you. Your presence makes everyone else look rather ordinary by comparison.

I can't get the image of a midget racist out of my mind. It makes me smile inside.

Confirmed - he just wanted to make a point. He did say he could take half of them. Good reason for beating someone's head in with a scanner? Bizarre!!! Interesting to see what kind of training these thugs do...

However, does this warrant being smashed in the face (fracturing your eye socket in the process) with a heavy blunt object in full view of a 4 yr old child? As I said earlier, If that's justified in your eyes, then that's your call.

It's interesting that from there being no firm evidence of what happened, how it started or anything pretty much, we have now firmly established that the guy's eye socket was fractured. A classic case of gossip inflation.

I heard - from a friend of someone's brother who was there half an hour after everyone went home - that there were 10 security guards and they also beat the four year old child with a giant mallet with big spikes on it.

And then stubbed their cigarettes out on her cheeks.

And stuff.

I have seen the damage to both his eye and the back of his head and will vouch for it, sign an affidavit if necessary to prove it is not gossip. The case is also in the hands of police and legal persons, so who gives a Rat's Toss Bag what you think? The victim is a decent and well-liked man by many professional persons in Bangkok, is not a mere TEFL teacher, is not fat or particularly tall, is not old and deserves a little sympathy (which he is not getting from many on this forum). You want to know what happened? - a hard-working and decent man got beaten up for wanting to take the balloons home on the sky train that his little girl had got at his graduation. SO you smart-asses, back the hell off and get a real job - even a life would be good.

However, does this warrant being smashed in the face (fracturing your eye socket in the process) with a heavy blunt object in full view of a 4 yr old child? As I said earlier, If that's justified in your eyes, then that's your call.

It's interesting that from there being no firm evidence of what happened, how it started or anything pretty much, we have now firmly established that the guy's eye socket was fractured. A classic case of gossip inflation.

I heard - from a friend of someone's brother who was there half an hour after everyone went home - that there were 10 security guards and they also beat the four year old child with a giant mallet with big spikes on it.

And stuff.

I have seen the damage to both his eye and the back of his head and will vouch for it, sign an affidavit if necessary to prove it is not gossip. The case is also in the hands of police and legal persons, so who gives a Rat's Toss Bag what you think? The victim is a decent and well-liked man by many professional persons in Bangkok, is not a mere TEFL teacher, is not fat or particularly tall, is not old and deserves a little sympathy (which he is not getting from many on this forum). You want to know what happened? - a hard-working and decent man got beaten up for wanting to take the balloons home on the sky train that his little girl had got at his graduation. SO you smart-asses, back the hell off and get a real job - even a life would be good.

Does he deserve it.. no..

Is it a result of his own actions .. yes. Could he have avoided it.. yes.

Kinda like someone who decides not to use a pedestrian bridge and gets killed by a car. I don't think they deserve to die but the accident is of their own doing.

have seen the damage to both his eye and the back of his head and will vouch for it, sign an affidavit if necessary to prove it is not gossip. The case is also in the hands of police and legal persons, so who gives a Rat's Toss Bag what you think? The victim is a decent and well-liked man by many professional persons in Bangkok, is not a mere TEFL teacher, is not fat or particularly tall, is not old and deserves a little sympathy (which he is not getting from many on this forum). You want to know what happened? - a hard-working and decent man got beaten up for wanting to take the balloons home on the sky train that his little girl had got at his graduation. SO you smart-asses, back the hell off and get a real job - even a life would be good.

so you are suggesting a mere TEFL teacher would be worthy of such treatment then ?....and before you say it...yes I do have a real job and it not a "TEFL" teacher and do have a real life...

I am detecting some aggressive tendancies in your posts coupled with you wanting to meet grown men outside bars and fixations with brown nosing..sure you dont have something to share with the group ?

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

And stuff.

if he can afford to get beaten up over a balloon ,hes not very smart + professional at all,is he ?

have seen the damage to both his eye and the back of his head and will vouch for it, sign an affidavit if necessary to prove it is not gossip. The case is also in the hands of police and legal persons, so who gives a Rat's Toss Bag what you think? The victim is a decent and well-liked man by many professional persons in Bangkok, is not a mere TEFL teacher, is not fat or particularly tall, is not old and deserves a little sympathy (which he is not getting from many on this forum). You want to know what happened? - a hard-working and decent man got beaten up for wanting to take the balloons home on the sky train that his little girl had got at his graduation. SO you smart-asses, back the hell off and get a real job - even a life would be good.

so you are suggesting a mere TEFL teacher would be worthy of such treatment then ?....and before you say it...yes I do have a real job and it not a "TEFL" teacher and do have a real life...

I am detecting some aggressive tendancies in your posts coupled with you wanting to meet grown men outside bars and fixations with brown nosing..sure you dont have something to share with the group ?

Plenty of people consider English teachers sub human and don't mind if they get abused. They put them down to feel better about themselves. I just hate everyone the same angry.png

Plenty of people consider English teachers sub human and don't mind if they get abused. They put them down to feel better about themselves. I just hate everyone the same angry.png

I too have abused English teachers on ocassion, but have not yet taken to beating them with metal detectors...leaving them to pay the bill on a large round of drinks after they have imposed themselves on my collegues and myself somewhere and trying to drink free booze all night is more than enough justice its a warm fuzzy feeling to know said English teachers will be living on Mamma noodles and water for the rest of the month

I too have abused English teachers on ocassion, but have not yet taken to beating them with metal detectors...leaving them to pay the bill on a large round of drinks after they have imposed themselves on my collegues and myself somewhere and trying to drink free booze all night is more than enough justice its a warm fuzzy feeling to know said English teachers will be living on Mamma noodles and water for the rest of the month

So you were that guy that caught onto my free drinking act last time. You are a lot smarter then you looked. I could not even afford mama noodles after that. Only water.. damm was that good for my diet.offtopic.gif

Why do many posters assume that any Westerner who wears a shirt in Thailand (or corrects other people's grammatical errors on this board) must be a TEFL teacher? Is it because the majority of foreigners living here are badly educated and dress like chavs? I'm a little confused.

I draw paralells with a common scenario encountered in recent years:

1) I took a domestic flight to Bkk for business lasting a day or 2.

2) On the return journey @ Swampy I was asked to remove belt & shoes and throw away toothpaste, shaving foam & bottled water.

3) On explaining <politely>that everything in 2) had been ok on the incoming flight no explanation has ever been forthcoming (I've frankly given up trying).

& while i'm at it why are female searchers allowed to fondle male passengers, inc "hoovering" the entire body with a probe designed for use from a safe working distance <radiation/charge of assault>of 150mm?

Edited by evadgib

Why do many posters assume that any Westerner who wears a shirt in Thailand (or corrects other people's grammatical errors on this board) must be a TEFL teacher? Is it because the majority of foreigners living here are badly educated and dress like chavs? I'm a little confused.

In my experience its because they tell you so !

I have tried to stay out of this argument as I am a witness to the whole thing, but I feel I need to say a few things because some people are just writing nonsense or are just so prejudiced it's unbelievable. Some of you have only seen one small movie clip after the man was beaten and you are ready to condemn time. I hope you lot are not on my jury any time soon.

This is fact! The father and daughter had travelled on the BTS TWICE with no complaints, and not one guard questioning them about taking the balloons onto the bts. On the third return home journey they had bought their tickets when the guard approached them. He then explained he could only take half the balloons onto the bts. This upset the child as she had been given them for graduating school. The father thought this to be ridiculous as he had already rode the bts twice just prior to this, so he proceeded towards the barrier. From this moment on there was no other contact in trying to stop him apart from a blow to the head from the guards METAL DETECTOR.

Some questions need to be answered here!!

If balloons are such a risk then how was he able to get on the train twice previously?

Why would half the balloons make a difference? ( not a big bunch, and filled with air quite obviously).

Why didn't the guard try stop him first with aid of a colleague?

Why didn't they try restrain the man?

I agree the father made a bad judgment call, in hindsight that is obvious to see, but he never had that luxury. It was clear the guard made a snap decision to hit him.

The BTS must be responsible for this. Maybe he was badly trained, maybe the wrong person for the job, maybe the rules are unclear? Who knows? What I can say is that I saw a father and daughter with a bunch of balloons get assaulted with METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could it have been that, safety reasons aside, a bunch of balloons could take up the space of a person? Could it have been that the final ride was at rush hour when the trains may already have been full to bursting?

In any, he refused a directive from security staff and attempted to barge into a crowded train station when he was specifically told he could not do so?

I have tried to stay out of this argument as I am a witness to the whole thing, but I feel I need to say a few things because some people are just writing nonsense or are just so prejudiced it's unbelievable. Some of you have only seen one small movie clip after the man was beaten and you are ready to condemn time. I hope you lot are not on my jury any time soon.

This is fact! The father and daughter had travelled on the BTS TWICE with no complaints, and not one guard questioning them about taking the balloons onto the bts. On the third return home journey they had bought their tickets when the guard approached them. He then explained he could only take half the balloons onto the bts. This upset the child as she had been given them for graduating school. The father thought this to be ridiculous as he had already rode the bts twice just prior to this, so he proceeded towards the barrier. From this moment on there was no other contact in trying to stop him apart from a blow to the head from the guards METAL DETECTOR.

Some questions need to be answered here!!

If balloons are such a risk then how was he able to get on the train twice previously?

Why would half the balloons make a difference? ( not a big bunch, and filled with air quite obviously).

Why didn't the guard try stop him first with aid of a colleague?

Why didn't they try restrain the man?

I agree the father made a bad judgment call, in hindsight that is obvious to see, but he never had that luxury. It was clear the guard made a snap decision to hit him.

The BTS must be responsible for this. Maybe he was badly trained, maybe the wrong person for the job, maybe the rules are unclear? Who knows? What I can say is that I saw a father and daughter with a bunch of balloons get assaulted with METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could it have been that, safety reasons aside, a bunch of balloons could take up the space of a person? Could it have been that the final ride was at rush hour when the trains may already have been full to bursting?

In any, he refused a directive from security staff and attempted to barge into a crowded train station when he was specifically told he could not do so?

And so he should be hit round the head with a metal detector?
  • Like 1

But does this justify hitting somebody in the face with a metal detector ?

If it was me it had happened to right now I would be retaining a lawyer and suing the security company as very obvious the guard has not had the training needed of how to deal with tricky situations, as i am sure it doesnt say in Somchai the guards procedures manual to clock somebody over the head with metal detector

• Like 1

And stuff.

I have seen the damage to both his eye and the back of his head and will vouch for it, (Not in Dispute) sign an affidavit if necessary to prove it is not gossip. The case is also in the hands of police and legal persons, so who gives a Rat's Toss Bag what you think? (Everyone`s entitled to their opinion without someone getting personal) The victim is a decent and well-liked man by many professional persons in Bangkok, (maybe) is not a mere TEFL teacher, is not fat or particularly tall, is not old and deserves a little sympathy (does he?) (which he is not getting from many on this forum). You want to know what happened? - a hard-working and decent man got beaten up for wanting to take the balloons home on the sky train that his little girl had got at his graduation. (what happened is that he insisted on having his way and lost the argument. Not smart for a so called professional man) SO you smart-asses, back the hell off and get a real job - even a life would be good. (Some of us have no need to work and life is great, thanks all the same).

Edited by Beetlejuice

Well said. You represent what i described and im far from it. Now shush wink.png

The balloon in question here is you...........get together with your fellow troll newlymintedthai and see if you can rustle up a full wit between you. Once you have agreed a strategy come back and launch a full scale attack on theblether

You may not be aware but theblether has mental health issues, sometimes theblether writes in the first article, and sometimes theblether writes in the third article, in fact there have been signs recently of theblether writing in several different articles at the same time.

However, theblether is of the opinion that you actually think you are intelligent, insightful and witty, theblether disagrees with said self assessment and theblether thinks you should go to self awareness classes, or counselling.

theblether has the number for several good psychological counsellors too. theblether needs so many counsellors as they have so many personalities to deal with in theblethers head.

That being said theblether is of the opinion that even his most childish personality can outwit you easy......so let's go for it.......and bring you're troll pal with you.

post-132287-0-71029300-1332328549_thumb.

• Like 1

Even in the west security guards can be a bit delusional or power hungry, but if this had happened in the west (in the way described by eye witnesses) That guard would be locked up and the wounded man would be entitled to hefty legal settlement from the transit company.

I expect a far different outcome here though.

All the guard had to do to stop the guy was to alert the other guards. When they surrounded him the guy would have realized the issue was serious.

Considering he had already succesfully transported the offensive balloons in full view of dozens of BTS staff, I can see why he thought guard was either wrong or full of crap. especially when the guard was ofering to allow some of the balloons.

If the guard had been cleared to beat passengers in the head, why then did he not have a baton. And who is going to pay for that metal detector?

Not the first course of action.

The first course of action should have been to tell him politely that he had to leave the balloons behind.

Wait..,that's exactly what DID happen!

Unfortunately, bully-boy decided that security staff had no right to order him around and walked right past them.

The whup-ass was richly deserved. Who the ££££ did the guy think he was? Big white god-man, too important for little brown man's rules.

Oops...score one for little brown man.

Why do many posters assume that any Westerner who wears a shirt in Thailand (or corrects other people's grammatical errors on this board) must be a TEFL teacher? Is it because the majority of foreigners living here are badly educated and dress like chavs? I'm a little confused

No, it's because the majority of Westerners living here both wear shirts and are badly educated TEFL teachers...

• Like 1

Not the first course of action.

The first course of action should have been to tell him politely that he had to leave the balloons behind.

Wait..,that's exactly what DID happen!

Unfortunately, bully-boy decided that security staff had no right to order him around and walked right past them.

The whup-ass was richly deserved. Who the ££££ did the guy think he was? Big white god-man, too important for little brown man's rules.

Oops...score one for little brown man.

I hardly call that a whup-ass, you didn't see the man return any blows, he was walking away from someone who had lost control in a dangerous way. He showed more restraint then I would have. Even my daughter would have kicked the little guys arse. Although neither of us would have have pushed past the guard either.

My biggest concern is for the metal detector after the farang deliberately committed a vicious assault on it with his head.

Was it damaged, is it repairable and was the device covered by the railway’s insurance policy?

I suggest we have a whip round to obtain enough funds for a replacement metal detector.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Yeah he was walking away from the guy...in the direction he had been clearly told he couldn't go.

Wow!

You really are a bitter person.

The video doesn't show the assault or what happened before or after it.

Maybe you should reserve judgement until then.

BTW - Your username has me confused.

Is it that you are a Thai who has just hit it rich so you are "newly minted" so to speak?

Or are you a farang who has embraced Thai life so much that you feel like a newly minted 10 pound note?

Nothing wrong with either case, just interested.

• Like 2

Yeah he was walking away from the guy...in the direction he had been clearly told he couldn't go.

Wow!

You really are a bitter person.

The video doesn't show the assault or what happened before or after it.

Maybe you should reserve judgement until then.

BTW - Your username has me confused.

Is it that you are a Thai who has just hit it rich so you are "newly minted" so to speak?

Or are you a farang who has embraced Thai life so much that you feel like a newly minted 10 pound note?

Nothing wrong with either case, just interested.

welcomeani.gif

Excellent first post!!!.........

• Like 1

My biggest concern is for the metal detector after the farang deliberately committed a vicious assault on it with his head.

Was it damaged, is it repairable and was the device covered by the railway’s insurance policy?

I suggest we have a whip round to obtain enough funds for a replacement metal detector.

I think they should deduct the cost from Somchai the guards salary under inappropriate use of company tools

I think they should deduct the cost from Somchai the guards salary under inappropriate use of company tools

Maybe someone could invent a Troll-Detector and we could employ little Thai security guards to go round beating them up!!