Disneyland Park Construction Plot Proposed In Thailand To Draw Tourists

webfact

Standards are too low here to have any world class amusement parks, also the foreign language skills lack as well.

That won't be a problem at all when Asean 2015 kicks in with the free-market influx of Cambodian, Vietnamese, Lao, Filipino labor forces--all of whose English language skills are far superior to Thailand's. Thailand has a huge wake-up call in this regard in just a few short years.

Edited by Fookhaht

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standards are too low here to have any world class amusement parks, also the foreign language skills lack as well. Just look where Disney lands are? Japan, Sing, HK.

The shrewdest comment yet. Disney don't need another 'John Carter' just now.

It will never happen.

But I agree, it is sad that Thailand would even consider a Disney park as something it needs to bring in tourists.

It is only a proposal put forth for consideration, but does show the lack of creativity and intellect by those responsible for Thai tourism.

Although, Goofy would clearly fit in...

Well theres already a Mickey Mouse goverment. or should i say Minnie Mouse

Muppet Land would probably be more apt if you want to give the PT governemnt a role that they might actually be able to perform in.

Let me guess. If they run true to form, the disney land park would be built on Shinawatra owned land ??

That would be a given, but it's more likely that it will be a pirated version of Disney - probably end up being called Thaksin Land.

One word: Eurodisney.

Let's see, Thailand us a poor country so population probably couldn't afford unlike Western Europe. People that travel to Thailand are typically not extremely wealthy or from wealthy countries. People that travel to Thailand are typically looking for other types of fun which does not involve bringing the while family along or young children. People traveling to Thailand are typically looking for a cheap vacation which is exactly contrary to the whole Disney experience. Who in their right mind would take their kids to Thailand for Disney with the political instability, dangerous streets, pollution, corruption and possibility that protestors could flock into the streets and potentially shut down an international airport once again. I say build it if no other reason in that it should be comical how well it goes over.

Edited by ttelise

Standards are too low here to have any world class amusement parks, also the foreign language skills lack as well. Just look where Disney lands are? Japan, Sing, HK.

And France where they loathe speaking anything but French..

Who needs Disneyland when you've got Pattaya?

My boys are too young for me to explain the "theme" rides there though and they don't yet quite meet the minimum height requirements either.. smile.png Close though...Too close I'm afraid sad.png ...

Perhaps they should try visiting the rest rooms of the beach side shopping malls.....No minimum age or height requirments by the elderly gentlemen who would like to take care of them there.....

Are you being rude/humorous ?

Not a good job of either ! angry.png

I agree!! Bang out of order!! Don't see the slightest bit of humor in it but plenty of tastelessness..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Bangkok already has Dream World, Siam Park and Safari World yet they do not, from what I have seen, attract foreign tourists, it is mainly locals. Would a genuine Disney park attract the foreign family holidaymaker to Bangkok? May be better in the vicinity of Phuket/Phang Nga/Krabi.

But, as many have said already, surely Disney Corp make the first move?

And for those already complaining about dual pricing when the idea has just been mooted, I believe that Florida residents get special deals at the Disney parks in Orlando.

I'll bet its not only 10percent of the price though, and have you seen the prices at siam park 120 quid for 2 adults and a child, for what!!!!!

I think that's the price of the annual pass! Daily rates are nothing like that.

Yeah I thought I was reading that wrong no way is it that expensive..

My boys are too young for me to explain the "theme" rides there though and they don't yet quite meet the minimum height requirements either.. smile.png Close though...Too close I'm afraid sad.png ...

Perhaps they should try visiting the rest rooms of the beach side shopping malls.....No minimum age or height requirments by the elderly gentlemen who would like to take care of them there.....

Don't like your nik nor your comments, it speaks volumes about you and your character though..

• Like 1

Let's see, Thailand us a poor country so population probably couldn't afford unlike Western Europe. People that travel to Thailand are typically not extremely wealthy or from wealthy countries. People that travel to Thailand are typically looking for other types of fun which does not involve bringing the while family along or young children. People traveling to Thailand are typically looking for a cheap vacation which is exactly contrary to the whole Disney experience. Who in their right mind would take their kids to Thailand for Disney with the political instability, dangerous streets, pollution, corruption and possibility that protestors could flock into the streets and potentially shut down an international airport once again. I say build it if no other reason in that it should be comical how well it goes over.

Not to mention the quality of the workmanship.

I love roller coasters but one built here with no safety precautions taken in the material and workmanship would keep me off it.

How long before they had to close off part of swampy because of shoddy workmanship.

Not to mention the quality of the workmanship.

I love roller coasters but one built here with no safety precautions taken in the material and workmanship would keep me off it.

How long before they had to close off part of swampy because of shoddy workmanship.

Haha, yeah that's probably one of the best reasons to avoid a Disney in Thailand. Maintenance and operation will be shoddy at best. Incidents even happen at Disneys in the US due to human error.

Edited by ttelise

"Perhaps they should try visiting the rest rooms of the beach side shopping malls.....No minimum age or height requirments by the elderly gentlemen who would like to take care of them there....."

Are you being rude/humorous ?

Not a good job of either ! angry.png

I agree!! Bang out of order!! Don't see the slightest bit of humor in it but plenty of tastelessness..

Some people are just plain (what's the word) clueless/rude.

Yea, that's it !

• Like 1

Don't like your nik nor your comments, it speaks volumes about you and your character though..

And notice his name is KKK.......Klu Klux Klan ?

Think he did notice....

Edited by samsiam

Have any of you people been to Disneyworld? Disney could run Thailand, no problem. It is not just an amusement park. It is the whole city. Hundreds of hotels, power plants, education and employment offices and colleges. I don't like the park but the hotels are great as are the restaurants and other features of Orlando. Disney is not expensive. $100 for 3 days for a Florida resident. Heck that is only a coupel of hours in Pattaya. Disney would not have any problems with immigration. They are the worlds best people movers. They really know how to handle crowds. Pattaya could have adult world in one half and family world in the other half. Thailand is a natural to be a Disney property. The whole population deals well with fantasy including the tourist guys who think they are handsome men. Don't worry about English. Disney can teach English. Thai kids like goofy characters bouncing around in a classroom singing songs. If you all didn't know it there are a number of universities that cater to Disney now turning out graphic artists to management to food service professionals.

Edited by kerryk

Stupid idea. Tourists don't come to Thailand for such attractions as there are better and bigger ones in Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore.

However, ATTA and TAT are two different bodies. ATTA is a private organisation, consisting of (inbound) agents who are basically ground operators / service providers.

The Disneyland in HK is tiny by Disney standards, a disappointing experience, and has often been running in the red. I am unaware of one in Macau. Is there one in Singapore?

Stupid idea. Tourists don't come to Thailand for such attractions as there are better and bigger ones in Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore.

However, ATTA and TAT are two different bodies. ATTA is a private organisation, consisting of (inbound) agents who are basically ground operators / service providers.

The Disneyland in HK is tiny by Disney standards, a disappointing experience, and has often been running in the red. I am unaware of one in Macau. Is there one in Singapore?

The Tokyo Disney Sea model has instead proven to be the winner. Bigger is better. Build something that people just can’t stay away from and they won’t.

Yes I did Southernman and made comment of it, regards for your posts...

• Like 1

Have any of you people been to Disneyworld? Disney could run Thailand, no problem. It is not just an amusement park. It is the whole city. Hundreds of hotels, power plants, education and employment offices and colleges. I don't like the park but the hotels are great as are the restaurants and other features of Orlando. Disney is not expensive. $100 for 3 days for a Florida resident. Heck that is only a coupel of hours in Pattaya. Disney would not have any problems with immigration. They are the worlds best people movers. They really know how to handle crowds. Pattaya could have adult world in one half and family world in the other half. Thailand is a natural to be a Disney property. The whole population deals well with fantasy including the tourist guys who think they are handsome men. Don't worry about English. Disney can teach English. Thai kids like goofy characters bouncing around in a classroom singing songs. If you all didn't know it there are a number of universities that cater to Disney now turning out graphic artists to management to food service professionals.

Yep, when I was 10 years old I followed one of the characters into one of the underground (backroom in this case before it went underground) entrances and saw a whole lot before anyone even noticed me, it was quite a bit of organized chaos and there is an entire city under the park..

They don't want to blow the 'Fantasy" experience but personally I think if they provided tours of that part of the operation it may be the most popular attraction at Disney World

Let me guess. If they run true to form, the disney land park would be built on Shinawatra owned land ??

The new Thai Parliment building should be build within Disney Park.

And they won't need to look far for all the clowns and cartoon characters.

The new Thai Parliment building should be build within Disney Park.

And they won't need to look far for all the clowns and cartoon characters.

People in Canada are forced to drive three days cooped up in a small car with screaming children each year to visit Disney World. Women and children love the mouse. Thai women love the mouse. I got in a major argument with my normally sane Thai GF about the mouse in Japan and a vacation. I kept telling her, “I am an American for god sake I know all about Disney, I had to take my kids for 10 years at least once a year.” She said, “you don’t understand Thai women, they like the mouse.”

Thai people are easy to influence (see Phibun, The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand)

Thai politicians are not too good at long term thought (see WW II).

Disney and the CIA could completely change Thailand. CIA is not bright enough to think of this idea itself but Disney could suggest it.

• Like 1

No way, man!. Don't corrupt the Thai's with the rat.ph34r.png

Maybe Minnie Mouse will end up in Pataya clap2.gif !!!

I bet she can turn some great tricks with those big ears. rolleyes.gif

With ears that size she could easily hear you coming.

• Like 1

It will never happen.

But I agree, it is sad that Thailand would even consider a Disney park as something it needs to bring in tourists.

It is only a proposal put forth for consideration, but does show the lack of creativity and intellect by those responsible for Thai tourism.

Although, Goofy would clearly fit in...

Well theres already a Mickey Mouse goverment. or should i say Minnie Mouse

Muppet Land would probably be more apt if you want to give the PT governemnt a role that they might actually be able to perform in.

I was thinking along the lines of a Goonland. Thaksin and Chalerm would be shoo ins to play Hercules Grytpype-Thynne and Count Jim Moriarty. Auditions to select those to play Eccles and Bluebottle would last for centuries. The role of Major Denis Bloodnok would be reserved for an Army General currently in an inactive post. I can't think of anybody to play Henry Crun and Minnie Bannister - any suggestions?

My favourite line from the endearing Denis "There I was, marching along with the lads, bayonets fixed, the band playing and our colours flying. Then suddenly me and the Regimental funds took a wrong turning." That would fit in nicely in Thailand.

• Like 1