Jewish school shooting in southwestern France kills 4

News_Editor

Well it's come to some day when infanticide starts a political p*ssing contest.

This is the root of all the problems, people are being de-humanized. Suffer the little children.

The Scottish national poet Robert Burns, had a famous line, translated into English........"A man is a man, for all that"

In effect it means that we are all just men, still men, for all our weaknesses and frailties. From the poor as a church mouse to the grandest emperors, we are all men. Caesar had a slave stand behind him and whisper in his ear "remember you are only human, only a man" when he was being eulogized by the Roman crowds.

Infanticide cannot be used as an act of war, if this assassin of children is a man, he is an evil man.

There is no mileage in playing the tit for tat blame game, by doing that you lessen the reality of this man's evil actions. Sometimes you have to just stop and say enough. Not in my name, not in anyone's name.

Where is Mahatma Gandhi when you need him?

It is one thing to take anonymous posters on an internet forum to task for 'spinning' this tragic event, however let us not forget that those whose views receive wide circulation have zero compunction in doing the same, and worse. First there was Catherine Ashton in her capacity as an EU spokesperson making a completely fallacious comparison to this premeditated racist murder and accidental casualties in Gaza caused by Israel going after terrorists who were trying to murder it's citizens.

Then you have the ever disgusting BBC ramming their commentary down people's throats with zero regard to the facts.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2012/03/joseph-goebbels-alive-and-well-at-bbc.html

The BBC were determined to do a hatchet job on Marianne LePen, but when it became apparent a Muslim fanatic was the murderer a cone of politically correct silence resulted.

• Like 1

This is the root of all the problems, people are being de-humanized. Suffer the little children.

The Scottish national poet Robert Burns, had a famous line, translated into English........"A man is a man, for all that"

In effect it means that we are all just men, still men, for all our weaknesses and frailties. From the poor as a church mouse to the grandest emperors, we are all men. Caesar had a slave stand behind him and whisper in his ear "remember you are only human, only a man" when he was being eulogized by the Roman crowds.

Infanticide cannot be used as an act of war, if this assassin of children is a man, he is an evil man.

There is no mileage in playing the tit for tat blame game, by doing that you lessen the reality of this man's evil actions. Sometimes you have to just stop and say enough. Not in my name, not in anyone's name.

Nice sentimentalist thoughts, but this wasn't actually infanticide.coffee1.gif

Another factoid. You say these killings aren't done in anybody's name. Well, the reports are the "alleged" murderer here did these killings in Al Queda's name. We can get all Kumbaya till the cows come home, but these conflicts don't just magically go away because we naively wish them to.

Update: Unconfirmed report now that the shooter is DEAD.

http://www.haaretz.c...nd-day-1.420148

Live updates from the events in Toulouse: Police break into suspects home; gunshots heard; Police sources say suspect is dead, but no official confirmation.

Also, CNN. I think we can consider him dead. Fast justice but it would have been better to learn about his support network in France.

Edited by Jingthing

Nice sentimentalist thoughts, but this wasn't actually infanticide.coffee1.gif

Another factoid. You say these killings aren't done in anybody's name. Well, the reports are the "alleged" murderer here did these killings in Al Queda's name. We can get all Kumbaya till the cows come home, but these conflicts don't just magically go away because we naively wish them to.

Apologies, I used the phrase infanticide for dramatic effect.........I'm a very bad boy.

Kumbaya? Moi? ..........I think not Jingthing, and I think ye know me not well at all if ye thing that of me.

This article provides some interesting cultural/political background on the meaning and context of this event in France:

For now, I predict that in an ironic twist of fate, what was explicitly an anti-Semitic attack will become a source of anti-Semitic and hypocritical finger-pointing, as French presidential candidates will use Merah’s background to supplement their borderline racist rhetoric on the importance of laïcité and integration, while those who wish to downplay the very horror of an attack carried out by a French citizen will point at Israel, which the gunman named as a reason for targeting Jewish children. But if you say as much, people will only glower at you and stare.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2012/03/french_anti_semitism_must_share_the_blame_for_the_murders_in_toulouse_.html

• Like 1

This article provides some interesting cultural/political background on the meaning and context of this event in France:

For now, I predict that in an ironic twist of fate, what was explicitly an anti-Semitic attack will become a source of anti-Semitic and hypocritical finger-pointing, as French presidential candidates will use Merah’s background to supplement their borderline racist rhetoric on the importance of laïcité and integration, while those who wish to downplay the very horror of an attack carried out by a French citizen will point at Israel, which the gunman named as a reason for targeting Jewish children. But if you say as much, people will only glower at you and stare.

http://www.slate.com..._toulouse_.html

Interesting read, but lets keep things short so our political goldfish leaders can remember the crucial point and act on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVsacOmz1M0&feature=player_embedded