Mityon South Pattaya - What A Petty Thing They Did

TylerBKK

A Honda dealers in BKK I bought my CBR from wouldn't throw in a 200/300 tank pad/protector with the price, insisting i had to buy it. When i asked for the free helmet and jacket they told me came with the bike they said 'sorry helmet out of stock'. I said to forget about the helmet then and just give me the tank pad. They checked with the manager and he said no. So I told them to order the helmet for me, (I didn't even need it) You should have seen the look on the salesgirls face, she said with shock 'you actually want me to order it even though it will take 1-2 weeks?' I replied, '<removed> yeah'.

They never learn.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Honda dealers in BKK I bought my CBR from wouldn't throw in a 200/300 tank pad/protector with the price, insisting i had to buy it. When i asked for the free helmet and jacket they told me came with the bike they said 'sorry helmet out of stock'. I said to forget about the helmet then and just give me the tank pad. They checked with the manager and he said no. So I told them to order the helmet for me, (I didn't even need it) You should have seen the look on the salesgirls face, she said with shock 'you actually want me to order it even though it will take 1-2 weeks?' I replied, '<removed> yeah'.

They never learn.

Welcome to Thai style. Too much of this goes on of having no honor and breaking one's word, a contract, etc. Last night I had a situation where I presented a membership card that entitles me to 20 percent off on all drinks and beverages consumed at the Long Beach Hotel on Wongamat Beach. Our condo pays 170,000 baht for 10 membership cards for their exericise room, use of their pool areas, beach chairs, etc and for five years now I could go into that restaurant, (this one's on the beach) present my card and get 20 % off which mitigates the 10 percent service charge and VAT one pays on all food and beverages. Okay..they will serve us in that restaurant on the beach but they won't honor the 20 percent discount. We must go to a restaurant that is not on the beach that we don't want to go to and then I will get my discount. the next step will be of course that I can only get the 20 % discount if I eat in the toilet. We had one of the Thai employees we respect call the manager and he refused to honor the agreement our condo had made with the hotel. so....your experience I find to be rather typical.

Edited by jackcorbett

i would never use Mityon again, i purchased my last bike from them , i wanted new wheels fitted, they said they were in stock and should come back in 2 hours, after 2 hours they rung to say no new wheels come come and collect the bike. Also when first service the guy put air in the tyres, no pressure guage, he over inflated tyre which blew before i got to a garage to check it blew. A main dealer with no airline is a joke in its self alone.

Sales people no nothing about products they sell.

Si Racha Honda way better, and new bikes cheaper.

You can trust Mityon for the following:

1/ Price gouging on new bikes.

2/ Incompetent mechanics.

3/ Long delays in filling orders.

Better to go somewhere else if you have a choice.

• Like 1

1.) Price gouging. Isn't it like this:

Most Honda customers seem to be like children. The want the newest model (e.g PCX) immediatly. So they look for a dealer who stock their new toy. And they are willing to pay high prices to get it NOW. After a while they cool down and realize that they have paid too much compared to the clever guys who are willing to wait a while. Then they get angry at the shop who sold their dream bike.

2.) Incompetent mechanics.

This is absolutely new for me. Never heard about mechanics "overinflating" tires.

;)

Most Honda customers seem to be like children. The want the newest model (e.g PCX) immediatly. So they look for a dealer who stock their new toy. And they are willing to pay high prices to get it NOW. After a while they cool down and realize that they have paid too much compared to the clever guys who are willing to wait a while. Then they get angry at the shop who sold their dream bike.

This is absolutely new for me. Never heard about mechanics "overinflating" tires.

wink.png

every time i get a yamaha service ,they pump my tyres up to 60 psi

ii go outside and let them back down to 30 psi

i have told them thats too much ,they look at me like im crazy and say its because i have mag wheel

it needs that pressure

ive given up already :D

wink.png

i have told them thats too much ,they look at me like im crazy and say its because i have mag wheel

it needs that pressure

ive given up already biggrin.png

Yep, clever people take a pressure gauge with them when visiting a service center in LOS. Let the mechanic keep his face and have a safe ride anyway :)

wink.png

it needs that pressure

ive given up already biggrin.png

Yep, clever people take a pressure gauge with them when visiting a service center in LOS. Let the mechanic keep his face and have a safe ride anyway smile.png

will start and do that but i would be nice to think even here a main dealer would have a guage on the line. they seem to have no idea the dangers of putting 60-70 lbs pressure in a tyre can be. i was once at airline at a garage and a mini bus pulled in full of farangs and put 90 lbs in the wheels, glad i was not on the bus.

Edited by marstons

Yamaha nuovo which would not fire up if it was parked for more than 48 hours.

That's seems to be a common problem with the Nouvo, better you take care of it asap, as i can tell you from experience that it will lead to the Nouvo not going to start at all anymore after a while.

The problems seems to depend from a small cup where 2 small pistons works inside, sorry i can't remember the exact technical word for it. Since the part exange, even if you leave it unused for a week or more it will start at the first try, they also changed a metal disc of the diameter of a toilette paper roll and 1 or 2 small things that looked as tubolar dices probably made of some sort of magnet material, i choose to use only original parts from Yamaha and the bill was less than 3.000 , they also had not original parts available for much less but as i do long rides sometime, i prefere to be safe, taking the motocy aparts and putting it back took them 4 or 5 hours.

will start and do that but i would be nice to think even here a main dealer would have a guage on the line. they seem to have no idea the dangers of putting 60-70 lbs pressure in a tyre can be. i was once at airline at a garage and a mini bus pulled in full of farangs and put 90 lbs in the wheels, glad i was not on the bus.

Of course all official service centers have a pressure gauge. And many of them use it. But the mechanics have a different idea about what is the correct pressure. They look at the tire and put in the maximum allowed pressure written on the side wall of the tire. More speed, less benzine and a longer period till next need to fill in air. For them this is a good service. TIT

> I didn't argue. It wasn't worth it for 200 Baht.

But instead of clarifying the thing you are making great waves here at TV. Is this really helpful for others? Why not just ask the boss?

great waves ?? Not sure Op is making great waves at all rather simply posting his experience in what is less than admirable customer handling and doing the forum a service in notifying . Is it helpful.. yes... I now am aware to stay clear of this dealer so thank you OP for the great waves.. you helped me.

> I didn't argue. It wasn't worth it for 200 Baht.

But instead of clarifying the thing you are making great waves here at TV. Is this really helpful for others? Why not just ask the boss?

great waves ?? Not sure Op is making great waves at all rather simply posting his experience in what is less than admirable customer handling and doing the forum a service in notifying . Is it helpful.. yes... I now am aware to stay clear of this dealer so thank you OP for the great waves.. you helped me.

Wow, all this because of 200 Baht. And we still do not know if it was a simple mistake or misunderstanding, because the OP refused to ask about it rolleyes.gif

They don't give you the new white plate until you return the red plate. So sadly there is no way to keep it. The only thing that gets kept is your deposit and not by you smile.png

the red plate could always have fallen off somewhere ;)

You got a good point Wanna. You just need to drive drive the bike there without the plate I guess or not bring the bike in at all. They would probably ask you to file and bring in a police report though for the missing red plate before they would give you the white plate.

IAMSOBAD, thanks and no worries bro. I never sweat that stuff one bit. Just figured he was a shareholder in the dealership looking out for his own interests. And I realize that unless we share our experiences like these then othersin the future will unknowingly fall pray the same way I did. What really surprised me is how many other stories like mine came out of the woodwork about Mits after I posted mine.

Wonton has soup for brains.

OP you are one hundred percent correct and soup man loves to argue all points with an opposite post. I have been there...done that just as you.

They lie...and cheat a few baht each time.

The ladyboy is now fired. Service got better.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

No wonder the katoey got fired.. mounting pistons without a ring on... dam_n unhygienic and unsavoury practice that what it is

Wonton has soup for brains.

OP you are one hundred percent correct and soup man loves to argue all points with an opposite post. I have been there...done that just as you.

They lie...and cheat a few baht each time.

The ladyboy is now fired. Service got better.

I am just curious. Not more, not less. And i am not the one who gets crazy about every new Honda that is released. This hysteria reminds me of Apple products biggrin.png

OP bought the bike "last November during the flood". Why did it take three months to get the permanent number plate? Is this normal in Pattaya? I really don't know smile.png

Don't know either if 3 months is normal, but who cares if it is or not and is there any point to your question?

I went there once a month after I bought the bike to see if the plates, green book, and tax regi came in. Sometimes takes longer, sometimes take less I'm sure.

Don't know either if 3 months is normal, but who cares if it is or not and is there any point to your question?

I went there once a month after I bought the bike to see if the plates, green book, and tax regi came in. Sometimes takes longer, sometimes take less I'm sure.

Wasn't a trick question, just curiousity. A lot of things went wrong during the floods. A lot of prices went up. Sometimes shops want to pass costs to customers even if this is not OK. Sometimes they are stingy about every single Baht. Hard to understand. But maybe its just a bad shop. I do not know.

But if they aren't able to keep in contact with you about the status of the new plates its sure not a good service.

Edited by wantan

I agree Wantan. And times possibly took longer for getting plates during the floods too as a result. It wasn't the time frame I was fussed about though. It was the petty fleecing at the end of it all.

i had a honda dealer so tight once he wouldnt throw in a 80 thb number plate holder with a brand new bike worth 103,000 ,he did in the end though

but i cant believe he was prepared to be stingy over 80thb when their was 103,000 at stake

That's seems to be a common problem with the Nouvo, better you take care of it asap, as i can tell you from experience that it will lead to the Nouvo not going to start at all anymore after a while.

The problems seems to depend from a small cup where 2 small pistons works inside, sorry i can't remember the exact technical word for it. Since the part exange, even if you leave it unused for a week or more it will start at the first try, they also changed a metal disc of the diameter of a toilette paper roll and 1 or 2 small things that looked as tubolar dices probably made of some sort of magnet material, i choose to use only original parts from Yamaha and the bill was less than 3.000 , they also had not original parts available for much less but as i do long rides sometime, i prefere to be safe, taking the motocy aparts and putting it back took them 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks for the heads up Surayu,and I would appreciate if someone with some knowledge could give me a further lead as to which is the part you are talking about.I guess they will not understand when I say that thing with 2 pistons inside,but I would like to get it fixed for sure.

Thanks for the heads up Surayu,and I would appreciate if someone with some knowledge could give me a further lead as to which is the part you are talking about.I guess they will not understand when I say that thing with 2 pistons inside,but I would like to get it fixed for sure.

I Googled up for spare parts and i found some close match, apparently the disc is called "big pulley" (?) and the other one "piston kit" (?), i believe the "dice" was possibly included with one of those things, but maybe not...

post-73039-0-04103700-1332424470.jpg

post-73039-0-84478100-1332424496_thumb.j

Edit:

This might be of some help too, it's the bill with all the jobs and parts listed.....in thai! soorryy laugh.png

post-73039-0-89742100-1332425478_thumb.j

Edited by surayu

I Googled up for spare parts and i found some close match, apparently the disc is called "big pulley" (?) and the other one "piston kit" (?), i believe the "dice" was possibly included with one of those things, but maybe not...

post-73039-0-04103700-1332424470.jpg

post-73039-0-84478100-1332424496_thumb.j

Edit:

This might be of some help too, it's the bill with all the jobs and parts listed.....in thai! soorryy laugh.png

post-73039-0-89742100-1332425478_thumb.j

Thanks again for the update,but I get more confused.Before you mentioned some cup with 2 pistons inside, but what you show now is the piston including the segment rings.So it looks like they did a major overhaul of your engine.

Did your bike have many miles on the clock, since mine has less than 8000 Km yet so I think it would not need a revision yet.

I guess if fitting a new piston, piston rings and gudgeon pin (piston kit) cured your problems, i think it's safe to say your engine was pretty worn out and/or poorly maintained.... Or the same kathoey forgot to install piston rings on your bike too biggrin.png

In this case any length of time where the engine was allowed to completely cool would have caused your ‘difficult starting’ scenario due to a lack of compression, once the engine was warmed there would have been little evidence of this due to thermal expansion of the piston and the sealing effect of the engine's oil.

But your problems could have been something else that the mechanics fixed unknowingly such as a headgasket which would/should have been replace when fitting the new piston kit.

As far as i'm aware there are no 'common faults' with the Nouvo that cause starting problems, the only exception being gasohol sitting in an unused bike's carbs and poor maintenance.

Would the 'two piston things inside a cup' happen to look like this? post-59428-0-03024100-1332430177_thumb.j

If so they are called valves and the 'cup' area is called the combustion chamber :)

Edited by karlos