Super Market Scammers

salavan

hi dont know if anyone else has noticed but in 2 of the large supermarket retailers prices displayed on the shelf are less than they charge when rung up on the till.

as i only buy a few things at a time and i have a brain like a calculator i notice this every time i shop, anyone else that buys a lot of things proberly wont notice, or maybe dont care.

just thought i would bring this to shopper's attention, i wont say who the 2 retailers are tyhrough fear of reprisal.

now when i shop i get a price check on everthing i buy.

"i wont say who the 2 retailers are tyhrough fear of reprisal"

And pray tell what reprisal's do you fear ? considering you are using a monikor on forum and I am pretty sure the Tesco,Big C/,7/11 secret survellienace & intelligance department dont track down every person who makes negative comment's with a few to sending in a hit squad

In addtion to your calculator type brain, my I humbly suggest you seek some medical advice on your apparant paranoia.....

What, you think all those farang "suicides" and "accidents" are over bargirl fights and bad business deals?

How naive. This is the bigtime we are talking about here, multinational pricefixing, blab one word about the one percent overingsn on toiletpaper and they send mossad ninjas in to arrange a sudden balcony "accident"...

• Like 1

And pray tell what reprisal's do you fear ? considering you are using a monikor on forum and I am pretty sure the Tesco,Big C/,7/11 secret survellienace & intelligance department dont track down every person who makes negative comment's with a few to sending in a hit squad

In addtion to your calculator type brain, my I humbly suggest you seek some medical advice on your apparant paranoia.....

What, you think all those farang "suicides" and "accidents" are over bargirl fights and bad business deals?

How naive. This is the bigtime we are talking about here, multinational pricefixing, blab one word about the one percent overingsn on toiletpaper and they send mossad ninjas in to arrange a sudden balcony "accident"...

Of course...this never occured to me, may be we should imform the BIB to investigate at which supermarket retailer the deceased were shopping at prior to their demise, this is may go a long way to explain why a vast number of "sucides" occur in the cheap charlie/ballon chaser fraternity, they have figured out that there is a conspiracy by international cartels to control the price of the worlds bog roll...your a genius

Edited by Soutpeel

Well, at Tesco Lotus, i noticed that there are always items in the wrong shelves, so the price wouldn't match, the best thing to do is make sure the small number under the bar codes, matches on both the product you are looking at and the price on display on the shelf.

Something crazy is when you go to buy a refill for something you have bought before and then notice that it would be much cheaper to buy the whole thing again, some other indipendent thai store charge you more if you buy large quantities (instead to give you a discount!).

Recently i came across a girl working at the till, that was letting some item i had to pay for, slip out of the shopping bag, i also noticed that more items were kind of hideing in that small corner were she put them....however my lucky eye was able to see that.

Big C and Tesco Lotus have some of the most repetitive and annoying jingles, costantly on...

I notice this happening regularly at Tesco, almost every time I go through the check-out there is a discrepancy in advertised price to till price.

Only a few baht here and there nothing outrageous but for me its the principal.

One of the good things that came out of that issue in TOPPS is they have a price promise, if its wrong you get it FREE which means I recently had a 1200 baht Leg of Lamb for Free and was well pleased.

• Like 1

Big C and Tesco Lotus have some of the most repetitive and annoying jingles, costantly on...

Another candiate for the Big C, Tesco's mossad ninjas ??.....be careful near that balcony "surayu"

Everyone thinks the term "wet work" relates to the blood, not at all in fact. It derives from actual wet (water) work.

Puddle near the ungrounded metal fridge, puddle on the slippery balcony tiles next to the too low railing, puddle on the isolated high speed corner....

I notice this happening regularly at Tesco, almost every time I go through the check-out there is a discrepancy in advertised price to till price.

One of the good things that came out of that issue in TOPPS is they have a price promise, if its wrong you get it FREE which means I recently had a 1200 baht Leg of Lamb for Free and was well pleased.

Ok, thats a bargain. That rule is law in Oz for scanned items.

Wife ALWAYS checks the receipt, especially in Tesco, because its almost always wrong. Double charging is common as are the price differences but I would say that often it works out to our advantage. Anyway, everytime we spot something wrong we go to the service counter and they adjust or refund without question.....

And pray tell what reprisal's do you fear ? considering you are using a monikor on forum and I am pretty sure the Tesco,Big C/,7/11 secret survellienace & intelligance department dont track down every person who makes negative comment's with a view to sending in a hit squad

"BING BONG! ATTENTION PLEASE. WOULD SOMBAT THE TROLLEY BOY PLEASE REPORT TO THE MANAGER'S OFFICE. WE HAVE A LITTLE WET WORK THAT NEEDS ATTENDING TO. ALSO THE DRIVER OF A BLUE ISUZU NUMBER TOR DOR 1432 FROM SARABURI YOU'VE LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON. THANK YOU" biggrin.png

• Like 1

Wifey checks all our bills like a mIne detector and we don't move far away from the till until she's satisfied. Only last week she caught Big C out charging 5 Baht more than an item was marked at, so they gave her the money back and we got the item free. She says our Tesco never make a mistake....yet.

Some people have really exciting lives. You moved half way around the world to SE Asia with its fantastic food, Buddhism and in general a very colorful everydaylife, and you spend your bleeding time here checking if you were cheated out of 5 baht in the supermarket. Make sure you have the consumer ombudsman's ph. number in your wallet (plenty of space for it !)

Well, at Tesco Lotus, i noticed that there are always items in the wrong shelves, so the price wouldn't match, the best thing to do is make sure the small number under the bar codes, matches on both the product you are looking at and the price on display on the shelf.

Something crazy is when you go to buy a refill for something you have bought before and then notice that it would be much cheaper to buy the whole thing again, some other indipendent thai store charge you more if you buy large quantities (instead to give you a discount!).

Recently i came across a girl working at the till, that was letting some item i had to pay for, slip out of the shopping bag, i also noticed that more items were kind of hideing in that small corner were she put them....however my lucky eye was able to see that.

You are lucky with your sharp eye :-) I have lost my Nivea during the same act.

They make mistakes but most of the time it will cost you more money. They have been caught doing this many time in many countries but yours is different I heard this before.

Of course the big issue is: do you keep the 25 satang change or try to put it in the charity box with your hands full of shopping?

Of course you keep it. Next time you'll be 25 satang short and get 75 satang in change. During a year, it could be some serious money.

My only complaint is the higher priced items on the shelf have been moved to another shelf with a lower prices marked. It's most common in bedding section where the items all look the same, but the prices vary from 700 baht to 2500 baht. There is no way to tell which one is which until you get to the counter. Then I find for my 2000 baht I get ONE sheet instead of TWO, but get a couple of those stupid bolsters instead, along with the 2 pillow cases. Bolster covers are pretty much useless other than holding dirty laundry. In North America a 4 piece bedding set is TWO sheets and two pillow cases. Needless to say I learned the hard way. Now I only go to the Chinese market in Chiang Mai where I can buy single items and not get conned with the package deal.

And pray tell what reprisal's do you fear ? considering you are using a monikor on forum and I am pretty sure the Tesco,Big C/,7/11 secret survellienace & intelligance department dont track down every person who makes negative comment's with a view to sending in a hit squad

You just want to get him under the electrodes, don't you....

Do you work for Tesco?

SC

Your day-to-day spend should come out of the interest, not the principal, or sooner or later it'll be all gone.

What I resent is the whisky; its expensive enough in the supermarket, and then you pay for it in the morning as well...

SC

You moved half way around the world to SE Asia with its fantastic food

Well, soi41, I don't know how long you've been reading this forum, but it's quite obvious that the "fantastic food" is not a main priority why people move to this country. Just read the CM, Pattaya, Bangkok subforums (AKA the food forums), and you'll notice that 90% of the food topics are about hamburgers, pizza, pasta and even Mexican foods. smile.png

• Like 1

Tesco are very good at putting wrong prices on their products in the shelves,coincidental they are always lower than the price at the checkout.

Big C Extra takes some more effort to have the prices correct since the they took over the Carrefour policy to give a wrong priced item for free.

I think the price difference, at least at Tops, can be explained. If you have a Spot rewards card then you will get the lower or sale price. They will give any one the card, Thai or falang. You fill out a short application at the service desk and the hand you the card. Big C gives out their BIGCARD and same type system.