Pattaya Tourist Police Arrest Street Beggars And Vendors

Rimmer

Pattaya Tourist Police arrest street beggars and vendors

PATTAYA:--The Tourist Police conducted a sweep of the South Pattaya entertainment area on Tuesday in search of foreign and Thai street beggars and vendors.

The Tourist Police Station located on the Pratamnuk Hill in South Pattaya receives constant complaints from tourists who are often harassed by beggars and vendors, many of the complaints are made through their Walking Street Unit. Police Lieutenant Colonel Arun assembled a team of officers and volunteers in the car park of the Royal Garden Plaza who were then sent to various locations and began to round-up a total of 11 Cambodian beggars, including a number of young children, along with 17 flower sellers. The Tourist Police have vowed to continue these operations

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/51397/pattaya-tourist-police-arrest-street-beggars-vendors/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-03-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Yeah, go get 'em. Demonize the impoverished.

If they could house them and feed them, maybe then I could appreciate their efforts, but treating beggars like trash doesn't feel right.

Who are these tourists who complain about beggars?

Edited by tropo

Yeah, go get 'em. Demonize the impoverished.

If they could house them and feed them, maybe then I could appreciate their efforts, but treating beggars like trash doesn't feel right.

Who are these tourists who complain about beggars?

Maybe the odd one or two beggars is not a problem but if you sit in some of the bars in the streets off Beach Road you get them pestering you every 5 minutes.....

Take your photo, sell chewing gum, flowers, dresses, shoes, lighters and innumerable items.

Many do pester and they can be a pain in the rear. One or two and it would be OK., but you have a hard job ignoring these people and it can spoil a good night out.

Maybe the odd one or two beggars is not a problem but if you sit in some of the bars in the streets off Beach Road you get them pestering you every 5 minutes.....

Take your photo, sell chewing gum, flowers, dresses, shoes, lighters and innumerable items.

Many do pester and they can be a pain in the rear. One or two and it would be OK., but you have a hard job ignoring these people and it can spoil a good night out.

I've never found beggars to be a problem in Pattaya. I'd prefer to just ignore them than have them arrested. Perhaps my tolerance is better than yours after living in the Philippines.

Thing is, many of the beggars and flower sellers are slave labour sent out by their "boss" and treated roughly when they return without a desired amount. The aim is to stop the trafficking in kids for profit rather than pick on someone trying to make a living. It's sad to see them rounded up but the reality of their lives is even sadder.

Notice they always seem to be Cambodian or Burmese, presume Thailand looks after it's own unfortunates.

Suppose it is like if you feed one dammed pigeon in your back yard one day, do not be surprised to see hundreds the next day, plus all the mess.

Most don't see them because they they are not out begging until 2am to 6am on walking street just past marine disco. One time I was walking talking with my friend and one of them snuck up on me and punched me in the balls as hard as he could then ran away. It almost sent me to the ground and took hours to get over. Another time I saw the same one sneak up and urinate on passers by. This same group has been in the same spot doing this for years, one girl, she must have been around 6 when i first saw her she is now about 13. The controllers are 30ish looking women sitting on the sidewalk.

I do notice they speak Vietnamese between them.

Edited by marinediscoking

Most don't see them because they they are not out begging until 2am to 6am on walking street just past marine disco. One time I was walking talking with my friend and one of them snuck up on me and punched me in the balls as hard as he could then ran away. It almost sent me to the ground and took hours to get over. Another time I saw the same one sneak up and urinate on passers by. This same group has been in the same spot doing this for years, one girl, she must have been around 6 when i first saw her she is now about 13. The controllers are 30ish looking women sitting on the sidewalk.

I do notice they speak Vietnamese between them.

beggars punching your balls and running away? dam are these beggars or are they seeking cheap thrills punching farang ballsclap2.gif