Every One Of Us Is Responsible For Corruption: Thai Opinion

webfact

When our Kingdom's pm (the fugitive one) is running away from the law refusing to accept his corruption crimes, we cannot expect ordinary Thais to fight corruption. When our Kingdom's dpm use his money to set a cop killer free and gets away with it, how can we expect Thais to respect our justice system ...

Right on. Thaksin was and still is the poster boy for Thai corruption. He reinforced corruptive thinking. He avoided taxes, hid his assets, tried bribing judges with boxes of jelly donuts, lied like a shaggy rug, .......the list goes on. He showed how corruption can gain fatten wallets, and he has thumbed his nose at the Thai legal system non-stop for a decade. Thailand cannot begin the first baby steps to lessening corruption as long as Thais deify the Shinawatre clan.

Oh... Ok... Next time I get pulled up on the road for doing nothing wrong (except being there) and forced to pay a "spot fine" just so I can get going again, I will go to the nearest police station and loudly complain to the captain about the apparent corruption his subordinates have committed?

I am sure he will thank me for pointing out the problem, return my hard earned cash promise the cuprites will be harshly punished and finished off with a genuine smile and a high wai.

yes, yes, yes....do just that. I have done so and 2 policemen are now at a lower rank than they were when they first encountered me.

Aside from the fact that 200 billion is not 25-30% of three trillion. The article shows the right attitude. Like Martin luther nailing up his list of complaints the door of the Catholic church. Maybe Thailand can achieve a renaissance of their own. Chok dee

Martin Luther is more often associated with the Reformation, rather than the Renaissance. Either would be welcome.

Well I would of said reformation but I didn't want the Buddhists to think I was singleing them out. Although there are more than a few issues in that corner as well.