Immigration On Departure At Bkk Updates

Woow

The fastest I've ever been through international arrivals was yesturday

Honest...I landed at 3.15pm and was stood at the meeting point at 3.22pm

Normally with ThaiAirways they give me a free bus tour of the airport for 15 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of walking

Then the immigration lines

But after praying to Bhudha as we land

The plane actually pulled up to a gate

I walked(run) for 5 minutes to the immigration

And(drum roll) not even one person stood waiting at passport control

I choose the guy who was busy sending text messages reading a magazine

He seemed shocked I was there when after noticing me he checked his watch

With no luggage to collect my time in the airport was a whopping 7 minutes

Thank you Bhudha

I'll be praying again for my not too far away departure

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come to BKK every two weeks for a long weekend. Of course, the worst part of these weekend trips is the immigration line. I love the express train to Phaya Thai.

Last two trips have seen drastic improvements. Almost two weeks ago, it was less than15 min to arrive and to depart with snake lines in both arrival and departure. I do like the snake line and it helps to even out the queue (and if there are any hotties in front of me, I get to gawk/stalk her for longer period - stunning luk kreung and Chinese or Singapore gal in short-shorts in the departure line last time which helps to pass the time in more pleasant manner).

I hope it will stay like this as I'm coming in again this Thursday.

• Like 1

Long but orderly queues at departure clearance area on 2 April 1800hr, BUT the speed at which the officers cleared the outgoing tourists was very impressive. About 15 minutes of waiting for me but little to complaint about since there were lots of people going out and also due to smaller immigration area (upgrading work nearby).

Well done. I was also very impressed when I landed on 28 March. Was cleared on arrival in 5 minutes! Amazing Thailand!

Edited by hands22

Left 28 March 4:00am less than one minute at immigration.

Arrive April 4th 2:00 am at D gate first choice of immigrations seemed full went 250 meters to the next one and it were empty took less than 1 minute.

Arrived SFO on March 28th and it took more than 30 minutes 5 years experiences with LAX/SFO and BKK I would choose to arrive BKK over SFO/BKK anytime.

Arrived at Swampy at 12:30 PM and checked in at AirAsia. Passport control and security took 15 minutes because they checked my carryon bag. At concours F by 13:00. All this for a flight at 15:30. Airport vendors love this new three hour wait since there is nothing to do but shop and eat. for most of the three hours AOT suggests. Seems a little overkill to be there three hours early.

Likewise, we left on a lunchtime flight to Singapore on Monday. Queues at both departure immigration and security looked well under control, with people directing you where to stand etc. 3 hours does now seem excessive to me but then do you want to risk it for the sake of an extra 30 minutes or so in bed?! Luckily we have *A lounge access so the airside vendors are shit out of luck...

I was on 1:10pm Air Asia flight from BKK to Singapore on Monday. Used self service boarding pass printing to avoid the airline queue (which is now the main bottle-neck at the airport). Exactly ONE person on the line in front of me at the immigration line. Another bottle neck at the security line with x-ray machine (about 10 people in front of me) and then cleared to gate.

I arrived at the immigration queue at 0700 and was through in 4 minutes, security took another 6. This was the immigration hall nearest check in row U.

It took longer to get served a cup of coffee inside the terminal.

I arrived at the immigration queue at 0700 and was through in 4 minutes, security took another 6. This was the immigration hall nearest check in row U.

It took longer to get served a cup of coffee inside the terminal.

How disappointing this clear evidence that the issue has been addresses effectively must be to thaivisa's massive whining class.

Siting in the Thai Silk lounge just now at 07.40, although I had a premium lane card this morning I had a look at the immigration hall no 3 behind check-in counters Q-R, the line must have been about fifteen-twenty people long but seemed to be moving relatively quickly. This was supposed to be one of the busiest days of the holiday time. Again well done to the airport for getting this sorted, hope they keep it going.

Tuesday, April 17

Preparing for a 9:20 a.m. Cathay Pacific flight, I caught the 6:00 a.m. CityLine train from Phaya Thai to Swampy.

Smooth passage through dropping bags (I'd done internet check in a couple of days previous) and getting boarding pass.

Through immigration and security, long walk to the boarding gate. Arrived there 7:05 a.m.

Now just a long wait for the flight. Wouldn't recommend counting on this, but it's a good sign for departures.

Departures immigration at 2pm on 13th was straightforward. Check in at Air Asia and through immigration within 15 minutes of arriving in the airport building. It took me longer to find a parking spot as the car parks were chokka, just like before during the flooding.

Arrivals immigration was even faster yesterday at 4pm, off the plane and through immigration in 10 minutes but the hold up was the baggage which was a 30 minute wait before the carousel even moved.

International departure on 5th April at 00.20, so went through immigration on 4th took about 10 minutes, no people checking departure cards had been completed.

LHR was worse, about 20 minutes in the EU line, with my wife and Mother in Law (both Thai).

Return to BKK 17th April (so arrivals), took under 5 minutes as went through with Thai wife, MIL did the new automatic thing. Lots of people completing Arrival cards just before Immigration on the incline to the desks, and also staff handing them out to passengers as well. I went through Immigration and collected my baggage just before PattayaParent.

Edited by beano2274

Arrived last night 8.30pm-ish. No Q whatsoever at immigration. In fact the lady who "guards" the entrance to the snake line was looking rather bored! As it happens, I had a Fast Track card, but frankly, it wasn't really necessary.

Based on traversing Swampy twice in the last two weeks, this problem appears to be fixed...

Went through immigration on 10 April at midday and straight through as there were no queues and coming back on 19 April at 6.30pm straight through again. Well done Immigration they have improved so lets hope they keep it up