Blues Brothers Revival Night

CheckInn99

Come on Sat or Sunday and see the 7 metre Bluesmobile we will be parking just outside the door of Checkinn It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what? Unfortunately we have not fixed the cigarette lighter. we have made special arrangements with the BIB not to tow it away

I had a great time at the show, and so did my guests. The band sounded very faithful to the original group, and Jake & Elwood acted and sang authentically. To me, one great thing about the performance was that the volume was appropriate. Not excessively loud. An important point when people are also trying to socialize a bit! I had four 20-something Thai girls with me (a couple of friends and their friends.) I was wondering how the whole thing would go over with them? They didn't know the movie, and they didn't know the music either.

The girl I was closest with was very excited when I told her we had to dress up for the party. That really got her and the rest of her friends going. (Of course, that was an excuse for her to have me take her shopping, but she came up with something that looked pretty nice on her.) At the show, they were clearly having fun. One of the gals in our party that is not bashful went up to the stage and handed Jake a rose. They all clearly wanted to dance (as did some other attendees) but the limited space and big band setup were not conducive to that. Afterwards, they were getting their photos with Jake, Elwood, and the band.

What I found significant was that after the show, one of the gals asked me where she could get that music? Another asked me about getting the movie itself. Knowing what they normally listen to, I thought it was impressive that they tuned in and turned on to the blues and the Blues Brothers!

Question: Does anyone know if a version of the Blues Brothers movie exists with Thai language and/or Thai subtitling? For that matter, Animal House is another I'd like to show some Thais.

Hi Sam - sorry I could not spend more time with you .. you were being mobbed and I was totally spaced out.

I have just got the clips sound is as much as you would expect from a 6000THB handy "can" but have a high quality recording- once merged will put them on Youtube. great night eh? Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi SeaBurma - it was a great night - some excellent muso's you can see some of the clips on Youtube just search under checkinn99 blues brothers. or the checkinn99 facebook page. We kept Orange Whips on our cocktail menu! send me your gmail on PM and I will tell you when the next Blues Bros night is scheduled.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a great evening at Check Inn 99 last night but due to far too much to drink I can’t remember the dates of some of the upcoming theme nights. The Blues Brothers sounds like a lot of fun and although I recall it being moved from 30 Sept the actual date is lost in a haze of Orange Whips biggrin.png

Any chance of publishing a calendar of events here on TV?

Thanks Samsip... I think it was 9 orange whips and I can't remember getting home. Due to an unforeseen issue with Elwood (he could not get his parole approved)- we have had to defer the Blues Bros night until possibly Sunday 11November. I will ask Thai Visa Mods to clear this entry and start a new one