Foreigner Assaulted At Bangkok BTS Station By Security Guard - Police Launch Investigation

webfact

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the uncoordinated movements of the "victim" looks, like he was drunk. As to "miscommunication" there seems to be thai lady (possibly wife), who was trying to mediate.

The clip might be staged, at the end the "cameraman" is signalled tumbs up by the foreigner on the escalator

Andrew Drummond has posted the video but as yet nobody has attempted to contact him to contact the person who took it. There must be scores of witnesses. Some quite viscious and racist comments going up on youtube where the video has had 125,000 hits.

I understand he is a popular teacher and staff and kids are behind him.

Edited by flyingsporran

People dont pay for a service to be physically abused by the staff..WHAT EVER THE CIRCUMSTANCES

The security staff who assaulted the guy obviously has no respect for customers of the business he works for

As always in Thailand the customer is always wrong especially if you are NOT a Thai national

Lock the prix up for attempted murder

Of course, kiddie party baloons are notoriously a very serious threat to the security of the BTS and it is certainly the duty of these very scrupolous guards to hit on the head anybody getting annoyed by such zealous enforcement of rules.

Sarcasm apart, the whole of SE Asia is afflicted by this type of idiocy (the Philippines are even worse) and it seems that the level of development of a country is inversely proportional to the number of guards it displays. I guess the Philippines beat them all.

• Like 1

from the uncoordinated movements of the "victim" looks, like he was drunk. As to "miscommunication" there seems to be thai lady (possibly wife), who was trying to mediate. The clip might be staged, at the end the "cameraman" is signalled tumbs up by the foreigner on the escalator

I am not sure if he is signalling the woman taking the video but he appears to be pleased that someone did take a recording.

• Like 1

I think, balloons filled with gas. which lets them fly in the air, maybe easy flammable are probably not allowed on the trains.

Or all balloons not allowed? That would surprise me to. You could keep them above your head, so not loosing space in the trains!

So he slipped threw the system once but was caught doing it again.

The security guard should not have hit the Falang so strong, if it was one of the guards who hit him.

Walking threw the gates he was bleeding already! So the incident happened out of sight of the camera.

Sure also a communication problem.

Security guards at Parking lots or car parks, same BTS, act sometimes same as a sheriff, with their uniform!

Many time not polite.

I often just overlook and ignore them. In Parking spaces of shopping centers, big Hotels ect. no big deal, I am the customer!

Different in BTS with a security hazard.

The Falang should have taken a Taxi and not the BTS with Balloons who contained gas, or if balloons are not allowed on the BTS altogether.

But later its always easy to know it better! jap.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

All I can see on this Video is, that the Farang assault the security Guard, hit him in the face, so his hat fell off, and when the second security guards appears, he get kicked by the other Farang.

imo, the Farang had not the correct ticket and didn't wanted to accept the punishment for that !

Why is it twisted against the Thai here ? it's clear visible, who assaulted who: Farang assaulted Thai !

this kind of news and comments sucks.

How is it possible to have the wrong ticket, before you go through the turnstiles on the way to the trains?

simple to explain, you buy a ticket lets say from Petchaburi station until Sukhumvit station, but you leave the metro at Lumpini station. this means, your ticket is already wrong to leave the station, which is the reason, that the security guards will ask you to pay the difference of that "wrong" ticket.

still unbelievable what comments are people giving here, even you can see, that there is no Thai assaulting any Farang here ! look a thousand times and you will see, its the Farang who attacks the security Guards (the second one get kicked when he appears).

and yes, they look like boiler room staff...

• Like 1

Looking at this a little closer yes the guy does appear to already have an injury on the left side of face as he was entering the gate. He may have been in an earlier confrontation with someone else and came off 2nd best, hence his demeanor. What also is interesting is the independent person actually filming him as he arrived, why was this person concentrating on the farang as he arrived at the gate? I also notice that his mate seems to indicate something to the person vide taping the incident at the end. I think there may be another story outside the train station.

P.S - Are these guys some sort of Jehovah's Witnesses missionaries? Both dressed the same with the pamphlet bags over the shoulders, maybe they knocked on the wrong door prior to catching the train hence the facial injury. Sattire my friends, just kidding.

• Like 2

I'd be pretty upset after I'd been hit on the head, especially in front of my daughter.

Possible scenario:

Guard: Hey! You! No! Man: what?

G: You! No! M: <deleted>?

*uses baton and then the video starts*

The man was clearly out of order but how would you feel when you had just been clubbed on the head?

• Like 1

I don´t really see why he shouldn´t be allowed to carry the balloons on the train, when it´s no crime to bring a dirty bicycle.

I feel sad for the little girl, who had to witness the violence from both her dad and the security guard.

Balloons would not be allowed on the trains because of the fear that they might have gas on them ... a la the sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway a few years ago.

• Like 2

seriously, the farang appears to have blood on his left eye, right from the start of the video. where is the part where anyone uses a baton? at 53/54 seconds the farang, clearly punches the Guard. it knocks the guard back, and knocks his hat off. The guard puts his hat back on and puts his arms out to stop him going on with the balloons. NO baton in his hands. at 1;20 the farang aggressively charges the guard. It's lucky the other farang stopped him, at least twice, physically, from going further attacking. The headline, and the story is very misleading... if you watch the the very start, it looks like he creams his own head on the turnstile when he tries to pick up his precious balloons he dropped. there is no Baton in this video

The father was attacked before the video started. He's bleeding because he already got bashed in the head with a metal detactor by the guard. That's when filming began

If that farang had any experience of traveling on the BTS cattle trains (BTS: Bovine Transport System) he should have realised that there isn't just any space for balloons. They would have burst in any case the minute he squeezes into the train. Where is the problem?

I have been on the BTS many times and have seen signs posted no drinks, smoking or food but i do not recall a sign banning balloons. i have had the security gaurds in my face when my son went through and then came back out to get me and the gaurd saw him go through with me claiming he had not paid, of course i showed the ticket but he was a little pratt which did not sit well with me TIT or not! my wife calmed things down or maybe i would have been clubbed too.

so really...it was a non event that you almost made into an event? whistling.gif

The good news is the BTS have said they will compensate the victim. Not sure what the cost of new pink balloons are? happy.png

BTS could be referring to the guard as the victim. Not sure how much it is going to cost the farang. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

seriously, the farang appears to have blood on his left eye, right from the start of the video. where is the part where anyone uses a baton? at 53/54 seconds the farang, clearly punches the Guard. it knocks the guard back, and knocks his hat off. The guard puts his hat back on and puts his arms out to stop him going on with the balloons. NO baton in his hands. at 1;20 the farang aggressively charges the guard. It's lucky the other farang stopped him, at least twice, physically, from going further attacking. The headline, and the story is very misleading... if you watch the the very start, it looks like he creams his own head on the turnstile when he tries to pick up his precious balloons he dropped. there is no Baton in this video

The father was attacked before the video started. He's bleeding because he already got bashed in the head with a metal detactor by the guard. That's when filming began

How do you know he was "attacked". Maybe the guard was defending himself. Is there any evidence of what happened before the video started?

• Like 1

I'd be pretty upset after I'd been hit on the head, especially in front of my daughter.

Possible scenario:

Guard: Hey! You! No! Man: what?

G: You! No! M: <deleted>?

*uses baton and then the video starts*

The man was clearly out of order but how would you feel when you had just been clubbed on the head?

Maybe he was out of order BEFORE he got clubbed.