Favourite Imported Beer

Mooner

Yes, I remember seeing that (Beervana) name/logo on some of the menu/promotional items that BeerVault had re their U.S. beers special...

But I'd never heard of that name before, nor did I know what/who they were.... Thanks for the added info.

Seems like things are looking up....beer-wise. It's certainly a pleasant albeit somewhat pricey change from the usual TH beer p*ss....

The Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale I sampled the other day got very high/good reviews on the RateBeer website, I discovered later after I got home. As did a number of Rogue's chocolate-flavored ales.... Never had a chocolate ale before...but looking to try! smile.png

Hmmm... looking at the Beervana website... Don't like the webdesign/construction a whole lot where everything scrolls on a single long page...

But probably the most useful thing is they have a Google Map and list of the various bars/restaurants that they're supplying their beers (Rogue and Anderson Valley, thus far) to, including what specific brews are available at that specific place. Curiously, though, the BeerVault pub at the Four Points Sheraton that I posted on above isn't even mentioned on the list.

And from the section in the website on their "Craft Beer Club" where they talk about offering home delivery of their products to "members" who join for a 1900 THB per year fee (and then pay for the beer ordered, of course), the website is talking about some special from back in September. So it looks like they're not particularly keen on keeping their website info up to date. Perhaps that's why the Sheraton is not listed, or perhaps because the Sheraton may or may not carry their beers on an ongoing basis (apart from their special this month). I didn't ask their manager that the other day, but I will the next time I'm by there.

Unfortunately, the Beervana website also makes no mention of the case pricing for any of the beers they offer....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On tap or bottle, I would go for Mikkeller. They make some of the best and most interesting beers in the world.

Found BrewDog the other day... also pretty good stuff!

Where in BKK???

Mikkeller is coming in Feb/Mar, along with a little Three Floyds :)

BrewDog is currently available at BREW (Thong Lor), Beerology (CDC) and Beeropsophy (Mega Bang Na).

• 1 month later...

This offering doesn't float my boat, but it may do something for others here...

Budweiser beer from the U.S. seems to be a rarely seen brew around these parts, but I found regular size cans and bottles for 79b as well as 22 oz bottles for 139b today in the beer display at Tesco OnNut. Lots of them actually, but I'd never ever seen them there before...

post-58284-0-88752100-1362990615_thumb.j post-58284-0-85110900-1362990616_thumb.j

post-58284-0-55628000-1362990614_thumb.j

BTW, Tesco OnNut had Chimays on the shelf as well.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

There's a pub right under the Nana BTS Station called "Game" or "The Game."

Lately, I noticed they have a banner out front advertising they're now stocking Rogue ales from the U.S., so I stopped by there today to check.

They're carrying four varieties, including the Brown Hazelnut Nectar that I like quite a bit... Bad part, their price is 240b for a regular size bottle.

Separately, I'm pretty sure I saw a "Happy Hour" promo saying they're offering pints of Guinness on Wednesday afternoons for 199b.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

fyi, the Beervault Pub is having another "buy one, get one free" promotion on a new set of imported, specialty bottled beers, all of them HIGH alcohol content and most of them Belgium made, during the month of July...

I hadn't tried most of them before, but I see that a couple of brands -- Trappistes Rochefort 10 and Delirium Tremens -- are quite highly rated by the RateBeer.com website... a 100 score for the former and a 96 score for the latter. I tried a pair of the Delirium Tremens the other day for 330b net total. Thought it was clean tasting and nice, but nothing that got me crazy...

Anyway, here's the menu for the month. They're open and the BOGO specials are available all day during their hours, 3 pm until midnight.

post-58284-0-90240800-1373358188_thumb.j

The Trappistes sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to trying it... But I opted to sample the Delirium first...

post-58284-0-68507600-1373358248_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

fyi, the Beervault Pub is having another "buy one, get one free" promotion on a new set of imported, specialty bottled beers, all of them HIGH alcohol content and most of them Belgium made, during the month of July...

I hadn't tried most of them before, but I see that a couple of brands -- Trappistes Rochefort 10 and Delirium Tremens -- are quite highly rated by the RateBeer.com website... a 100 score for the former and a 96 score for the latter. I tried a pair of the Delirium Tremens the other day for 330b net total. Thought it was clean tasting and nice, but nothing that got me crazy...

Anyway, here's the menu for the month. They're open and the BOGO specials are available all day during their hours, 3 pm until midnight.

attachicon.gifBeerVault July Specials.jpg

The Trappistes sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to trying it... But I opted to sample the Delirium first...

attachicon.gifBeervault Delerium Tremens Special-2 for 330b.jpg

Got around the other day to trying the Trappistes Rochefort 10% for the first time... And I must say, as someone who likes more strongly flavored brews, this one is really nice, wonderful flavor and carrying a kick like a mule... Easy to understand why it gets a 100 score from Ratebeer.com. 450b net for a pair of bottles thru the end of the month at BeerVault. Yummy!

post-58284-0-15536000-1374552138_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

To all the Brits. Pedigree or Tetleys?

Neither - Pedigree too sweet and Tetley's is a bit thin but better now its brewed by an independent. There are at least 500 better brews/breweries. All a matter of opinion of cpourse. Timothy Taylor, Saltaire, Otley, Osset, Deuchars Caledonian, Teignworthy, Dartmoor, Ringwood, Butcombe, Cotleigh, Dorset Brewing Co - the list is endless. I particularly like a lot of the South West, Yorkshire and Scottish breweries

Over the period to September 13 187 new breweries opened in the UK. You can never get tired drinking real ale in the UK.

Just about the only thing I regret about living outside the UK

To all the Brits. Pedigree or Tetleys?

Neither - Pedigree too sweet and Tetley's is a bit thin but better now its brewed by an independent. There are at least 500 better brews/breweries. All a matter of opinion of cpourse. Timothy Taylor, Saltaire, Otley, Osset, Deuchars Caledonian, Teignworthy, Dartmoor, Ringwood, Butcombe, Cotleigh, Dorset Brewing Co - the list is endless. I particularly like a lot of the South West, Yorkshire and Scottish breweries

Over the period to September 13 187 new breweries opened in the UK. You can never get tired drinking real ale in the UK.

Just about the only thing I regret about living outside the UK

The consolation is that there are now many more British ales available in Thailand. Villa Super markets, even in Phuket, offers ales from St Austell (Tribute, Proper Job, Cornish Stout and Admiral Ale), Well's (Bombardier, Banana Bread Ale and Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale), Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Hook Norton (Flagship, Old Hooky, Haymaker, 12 Days and Hooky Gold), Wadworth (6X, Bishops Tipple, Golen Ale, IPA and Swordfish) and The Beer Kitchen (Espresso Stout, Orange Peel Ale, IPA and whiskey barrel aged ale). It all started in 2014! In addition Central supermarkets often have Fuller's (London Pride, ESB, London Porter and IPA), and Shepherd's Neame (Spitfire, Bishop's Finger and Double Stout). Some Big C's occasionally sells ales from Greene King.

And if that's not enough, there is always good old www.wishbeer.com that stocks 300 different beers and sends them all over Thailand for free.

Cheers!