Looking For A Photographer

michaelpeitou

Hello, I am looking for a photographer at a reasonable price per picture. These would be outdoor shots that I would use for a website. They would also have to sign-off on the copywrite for the photos.

I am also looking for the contract forms in English and Thai giving me the copywrite.

Thank you

How many photos? Where? Of what? If you've got someone racing all over Bangkok taking photos of tourist attractions and they're all over the city the cost per photograph is going to be fairly high, on the other hand if it's 30 photos around Sukhumvit it's going to be a lot less.

Michael, maybe the best option is to visit photography microstocks like shutterstock, istockphoto, stockxpert, or fotolia - plenty of them.

All photos are checked for quality by professional judges, so you will never argue about tech issues like over-/underexposure, etc.

You may chose if you need exclusive or non-exclusive rights.

The lowest price for non-exclusive rights is about $0.50 per item, which is quite sufficient for the Web site.

And certainly, when you have purchased something, you will automatically get a receipt which is a proof of ownership.

On the other hand, if you need photos per request (e.g. hire someone), you should keep in mind that your employee has to have work permit (or be a Thai national).

If you don't get a specific recommendation you should be fairly safe going to any Kodak shop. They all have pro photographers who take thousands of ex-studio shots a year (albeit 90% will be at weddings and other similar ceremonies). If you are looking for something arty or highly technical then you might need to be more picky and hunt round Google, but you won't get that 'at a reasonable price' (except by comparison with falang land where you would be looking at several hundred dollars to start for a design or technical photoshoot by a proper pro).

Speak to the Kodak shop about copywrite. I think you will find one that understands what you are talking about and can comply quite easily. Many of the Kodak shops have someone who speaks English even here in the sticks of Isaan. If you are uncomfortable then move on to the next one.

If you are stuck for a contract I have seen these on UK or American photography websites and you would need to buy a translation.