Police Clearance Or Certificate Of No Criminal Conviction

Hello guys and gals,

can you please clarify this for me?

The Thai consulate's website states that (among the documents required for the Non Imm B visa) I need to bring copy of police clearance or certificate of no criminal conviction.

Do I have to obtain that document back in the UK? Or can I go to my local police station in Thailand?

I have been living in Thailand for 2 years now.

If I have to get it back in the UK, do you know how long it takes and the costs involved ? Can I request it & obtain it online?

Any info greatly appreciated... thanks!

Edited by tally

Yes, I need it as I am a teacher - cheers

Does anyone have any further info please? (times, costs etc...)

when i made enquires last year,

i was told the applications are sent off to scotland yard ,

and would take about 3 mounths , i think the fee was £10.

Available at Police Head Office, Special Branch building 24 or 25. This is the buildings opposite Central World. (you know the one they burnt) Well signposted and yes people do speak English well.

Think it is a 10 day wait and a couple hundred baht. You will need you original passport and to be fingerprinted.

Available at Police Head Office, Special Branch building 24 or 25. This is the buildings opposite Central World. (you know the one they burnt) Well signposted and yes people do speak English well.

Think it is a 10 day wait and a couple hundred baht. You will need you original passport and to be fingerprinted.

And, is this the only address in Thailand for this document? Or are there other local offices spread around the country? For example, where could one get this business settled in Chiang Mai? Thank you.

In my experience the procedure (clearance from UK) is as follows:

1) Submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the Data Protection Act (DPA)1998 to the police force in which you lived.

2) The cost of a SAR is GBP10.

3) Under DPA they have 40 working days in which to reply.

4) The reply will include a "Good Egg" report from Scotland yard at no extra cost to the applicant; unless of course a record is detected. The reply from the yard may arrive seperatly but within the same timeframe.

For further info please see your county AND Met Police websites.

(& you do NOT have to leave Thailand)

HTH

Thank you for the clarification.

I personally arranged one for a friend last week. Work permit is not necessary as most teachers need a police clearance to get one. Must be some form of request and a reason to show why you want a Police Clearance. The person I was with, wanted to enroll at a school and the school wanted a Police clearance from her home country. Her home country would not give one till she got a Police Clearance from her country of residence.

They quoted 10 days for issuance.