Australian Charity Head Accused Of Faking The Rescue Of Thai Hill Tribe Children Resigns

webfact

Please present one shred of evidence that they have not.

That should keep you busy for a little bit....

Nine news Australia , Sydney Morning herald.

Akha Heritage Foundation, Chiang Mai times.

Brisbane times, Andrew Drummond Blog.

That is what this whole thread is about. The Grey Man quit because all of the above said he faked the rescue of 21 children.

I see where the problem lies....your definition of pro

of sucks.

Just to sum the thread up again for Sam. The Grey Man faked a rescue of 21 Hill Tribe Children. This fact has been reported all over the world by the press. As a result of this he resigned and they appointed another Aussie to take his place. Grey Man now has nothing to do with the Grey Man paramilitary group or the charity. The Grey Man board has appointed former Australian Federal Police agent Colin Rowley to replace Mr McBride, who said he will no longer be involved with or comment further on the charity.

Police from the Chiang Mai-based transnational crime unit told The Age that 21 hill tribe children from a village in northern Chiang Rai province were not rescued from prostitution as the charity claimed on its website along with appeals for funds.

http://www.smh.com.a...0325-1vsie.html

Edited by metisdead
Font resized, again.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is what this whole thread is about. The Grey Man quit because all of the above said he faked the rescue of 21 children.

Is that really what you think, he stood down because of the news? Wow you are so far off the mark on that. Do you also believe everything you read in the news? Try considering personal family matters.

I see where the problem lies....your definition of pro

of sucks.

Just to sum the thread up again for Sam. The Grey Man faked a rescue of 21 Hill Tribe Children. This fact has been reported all over the world by the press. As a result of this he resigned and they appointed another Aussie to take his place. Grey Man now has nothing to do with the Grey Man paramilitary group or the charity. The Grey Man board has appointed former Australian Federal Police agent Colin Rowley to replace Mr McBride, who said he will no longer be involved with or comment further on the charity.

Police from the Chiang Mai-based transnational crime unit told The Age that 21 hill tribe children from a village in northern Chiang Rai province were not rescued from prostitution as the charity claimed on its website along with appeals for funds.

http://www.smh.com.a...0325-1vsie.html

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif way off my dear friend. Also it is far from a paramilitary group.

Edited by softgeorge

Thought it was illegal on here to post in bold or large print.....I find it deeply offensive.

I don't know if you are talking about me. I am using a new firefox browser and it does not look bold from my end.

Let me briefly say that there is a lot of unpublicized but beneficial work performed by GM in several south-east Asian countries. GM operatives are not necessarily 'parachuted in' - they also have foreign operatives who live and work in the country and speak the language and know the 'culture'

Let me briefly say that there is a lot of unpublicized but beneficial work performed by GM in several south-east Asian countries. GM operatives are not necessarily 'parachuted in' - they also have foreign operatives who live and work in the country and speak the language and know the 'culture'

I think this is a Thai forum. I think this thread is about an Aussie charity accused of faking the rescue of Thai Hill Tribe children. But I would imagine you can't talk about what you know because it is secret information anyway right?

Is that really what you think, he stood down because of the news? Wow you are so far off the mark on that. Do you also believe everything you read in the news? Try considering personal family matters.

Headline in the Sydney Morning Herald, " Rescue boss out over claims of fake 'victims'. Is that not a reputable newspaper and if the story is a lie would not Grey Man org go to court?

Thought it was illegal on here to post in bold or large print.....I find it deeply offensive.

I don't know if you are talking about me. I am using a new firefox browser and it does not look bold from my end.

Your text has been in size 18 font, not the first post of yours I have resized today.

I think this is a Thai forum. I think this thread is about an Aussie charity accused of faking the rescue of Thai Hill Tribe children. But I would imagine you can't talk about what you know because it is secret information anyway right?

Are you feeling left out ??

SamSiam>> Care to explain why they lied about the rescue and staged faked photos?

Did already.....

But alas, I can explain it only as much as you for your argument considering none of us know the EXACT and specific truthful details from both sides.

SamSiam>> Care to explain why they lied about the rescue and staged faked photos?

They didn't....

The first page of this thread details how the legitimate press and police organizations and Hill Tribe groups and Thai Visa all have said on the record and in print that Grey Man faked the rescue.

It is against Thai Visa rules to knowingly post false information. Sometimes Thai Visa and the news papers get it wrong. There was a thread recently where a few small newspapers reported a Malaysian girl had been trafficked. It turns out that the teenage girl made up the story (lied) and that fact was also reported by the newspapers and on Thai Visa.

As it stands right now the Australian and Thai press and police are reporting that the Grey Man faked the rescue and resigned as a result of it. The headline of this thread if you had not read it is, “Sex-slave charity head quits amid row.”

The only one I can see that does not think it is a fake is Chooka. Are there any official or media organizations that are in agreement with you?

They didn't....

The first page of this thread details how the legitimate press and police organizations and Hill Tribe groups and Thai Visa all have said on the record and in print that Grey Man faked the rescue.

It is against Thai Visa rules to knowingly post false information. Sometimes Thai Visa and the news papers get it wrong. There was a thread recently where a few small newspapers reported a Malaysian girl had been trafficked. It turns out that the teenage girl made up the story (lied) and that fact was also reported by the newspapers and on Thai Visa.

As it stands right now the Australian and Thai press and police are reporting that the Grey Man faked the rescue and resigned as a result of it. The headline of this thread if you had not read it is, “Sex-slave charity head quits amid row.”

The only one I can see that does not think it is a fake is Chooka. Are there any official or media organizations that are in agreement with you?

Do you ever see the forest when the trees are in the way ??

They didn't....

Do you ever see the forest when the trees are in the way ??

I am 100% in favor of truth. Can you provide any factual information that stands in the same light of day and media scrutiny as what has been presented by the Thai and Australian media, police and Thai Visa? When you print something you expose your newspaper to libel laws same for Thai Visa. So, Sam show us what you got. Pretend we are playing poker and your hand has been called. Were you bluffing? Or do you actually have any information that would contradict the media and police reports.

Could you tell me again what you are seeking ??

Sure. I said the Grey Man faked a rescue of Hill Tribe children and that fact is supported by legitimate media and Police in both Thailand and Australia and in fact is the subject of this thread on Thai Visa. Hence open to libel laws and litigation in the courts if the information is false.

You said he didn't fake it. What legitimate source willing to be published and subject to the same libel laws can you quote in support of your position?

In the vernacular, “put up or shut up.”

Could you show me where I said he did not fake it please.....forgot where I wrote that.

In response to Tawp's question, “SamSiam Care to explain why they lied about the rescue and staged faked photos?” You said, “Did already.....

But alas, I can explain it only as much as you for your argument considering none of us know the EXACT and specific truthful details from both sides.”

You can try to weasel out of your previous posts but it don't take a weatherman to tell which way the wind is blowing.

Unless at this point in time you wish to change the impression you have created and state that you, like the media, police and Thai Visa think that Grey Man did fake the photos. Is that what you wish to post?

Do you think he faked them or not? Or have you not the intestinal fortitude to take a position one way or the other?

Actually I should not be so rough on you. It is easy for me because I am convinced that organizations composed of male ex military men have no business forcing their views and or morals on women in any country.

Sorry...I thought we were talking about kids...my bad.

But where again is my posts where I said it was all not fake.....just so I can confirm my stance.

The only talk about kids in Thailand that I can find is Grey Mans requests for funds. I can't see any evidence of rescuing children from brothels in Thailand. How old is a child BTW?

I looked for your post where you said Grey Man's claim of rescuing 21 Hill Tribe children was a fake. I could not find it.

Apparently that is what you now think. You could post it here if you want. Do you think like the media, police and Thai Visa that Grey Man is a fake?

Sorry...I thought we were talking about kids...my bad.

But where again is my posts where I said it was all not fake.....just so I can confirm my stance.

I looked for your post where you said Grey Man's claim of rescuing 21 Hill Tribe children was a fake. I could not find it.

Oh I see....sorry about that.....not sure where I could have put it.

Let me go look....I need it to be sure I said it or not....otherwise I get confused.

Sure. I said the Grey Man faked a rescue of Hill Tribe children and that fact is supported by legitimate media and Police in both Thailand and Australia and in fact is the subject of this thread on Thai Visa. Hence open to libel laws and litigation in the courts if the information is false.

You said he didn't fake it. What legitimate source willing to be published and subject to the same libel laws can you quote in support of your position?

It is "NOT" supported by Police in Australia.

The newspaper in Australia printed allegations not findings of fact (guilt or innocence) Allegations made by a person in Thailand who did not get his own way with the organisation and allegations that the Australian Police have not even decided whether there is any basis to warrant spending 100'sK of tax payers money on an investigation based solely on a disgrunted Thai.

Edited by chooka

It is "NOT" supported by Police in Australia.

Time line.

Meeting of representatives of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (DSI), Trafcord (the anti-trafficking co-ordination unit of Northern Thailand) and the National Committee on Trafficking.

AFP officers had been summoned to the meeting on Saturday at the DSI headquarters in Bangkok to hear the complaints. The AFP did not comment, but a source at the meeting said the AFP representative had asked the DSI to make the request formal through the normal channels.

Jan 9 2012. Australian Federal Police, Thailand investigate claims of fake rescue of children from sex slavery.

The move follows complaints that The Grey Man, which claims it is comprised of ex-police officers and special services veterans, faked the rescue of 21 Akha hill tribe children from the village of Baan Khun Suay in Chiang Rai province of northern Thailand last October.

The Grey Man's Brisbane-based president, John Curtis, said yesterday he had no difficulties with any investigation by either the Thai government or the AFP.

Sex-slave charity head quits amid row.

The founder of an Australian charity that won renown and donors for undercover operations to rescue underage sex workers in Thailand has resigned following allegations that the organization exaggerated the success of its missions, Melbourne daily The Age reports.

Former Australian army commando Sean McBride stepped down from the Grey Man charity at the weekend following new claims about the organisation and an investigation into the hill tribes children by Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation

Edited by kerryk

Kerry....I see you many times trying to make your point......but like the little engine that could....you are just not quite getting there.

Forgive me but I thought you thought Grey Man faked the rescue? No?

If you thought I thought that I thought that GM faked it....why are you asking me to prove they did not fake it ??

Never been much for wishy washty people. Is he a fake or not? Overwhelming evidence that he is. So if you think he is not I would be interested. I would like to know the truth. Others have said he is not a fake but can not point to any proof that he did the rescue. They only bluff or make up some spy stuff. The newspapers put it all out there in the open and they went to the Hill Tribe town and talked to the people.

If you thought I thought that I thought that GM faked it....why are you asking me to prove they did not fake it ??

You are just going round in circles .

His organisation faked photos and lied about rescues of children that they did not carry out, using photos that were not of trafficked children.

He was found out and had to resign.

End of story.

For the record I also think ex-military types going to other countries to carry out "rescues" are largely motivated by aggression and the need for juvenile self glorification.

They should stay at home, and donate money to improve educational resources in the countries they love so much, so that the people involved can make better choices, for themselves, about their own lives.

They can satisfy their desire for starring in a narrative about their own heroism by buying a six-pack and renting a Chuck Norris movie.... do less harm to the world in general like that.

• Like 1