My Gf Received Her Uk Tourist Visa On Saturday. How To Apply For Schengen Visa

Hello Thaivisa members. I would greatly appreciate your help with applying for a Schengen Visa to Spain for my GF. My GF received her UK Visitors Visa on Saturday. This is her second UK Visa. Her first one was last year. We submitted this application ourselves with only the application form being completed by an agent. Mt GF has a good job, salary, savings etc. What other documents are required that we did not need to show for the UK Visa. I read that flight bookings are not required as my GF will already be in Europe (UK) prior to travelling to Spain. I also read that she will have to show suitable travel insurance?

Where does one download the application form and where is the Spanish Embassy in BKK?

Thank you in advance for your helpful replies

She will need proof of booking flights from UK to Spain, also hotel confirmation ( I used booking.com and had free cancellation, so I could change the hotel if required).

Travel insurance upto a fixed amount is required (defo)

Old post but should have details - http://www.thaivisa....isas-for-spain/

In fact here the link to VFS

http://www.vfsglobal...spain/thailand/

Edited by beano2274

I remember my wife required

passport and photos

ID card

Flight details

Hotel details

Travel Insurance

Bank books

Letter from employer

I also made an itinerary up, and a letter showing the possible spending involved, that was

covered by the amount in the bank account. She is going to the UK and Switzerland.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, just an update for anyone else who is applying for a Visa to visit Spain. My gf's first application was returned as she did not have her flight booking confirmation to the UK. This surprised me some what as she got the UK visa by showing the travel agent receipt of deposit paid for flight. I believe the girls can buy this for a few baht. And secondly her letter from her employer was in Thai. Fair enough on that I guess. All docs were resubmitted on Tuesday April 3rd. She has been told to phone the Embassy on April 17th if she has not heard anything by then. Fingers crossed she does as she is flying to the UK on the 23rd.

Are you going with her and paying for all this? If so, put in a letter saying you are and include your payslip/statement and it will be easer.

No. She is paying for her own trip and has adequate salary and savings to cover it herself.

Hello members, We are now panicking a little. Still no word on my gf's visa appliaction. She went to the Spanish Embassy again today to be told that if she has received no confirmation on Thursday, then she most return to the Embassy with a letter requesting that the application be cancelled. They will then take this letter into the Embassy and retrieve her passport. She is due to fly to the UK on Monday morning first thing. Is there anyway we can contact the embassy. The Thai employee's at the visa counter offered no help.

Thank you