Air Asia - Big Sale - Starts Tonight

UbonOz

Just checked flights from KL to Gold Coast for early Oct' and they are nearly twice as much as a couple of weeks ago. Am I missing something?

The sale has not started yet, check after midnight or in the morning.

Last month on an AA sale I snagged Ubon/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur/Sydney return for two people including insurance for THB22,000

Fly from Bangkok/Phuket

Melbourne

Gold Coast Perth

Chengdu Hangzhou Osaka

Tokyo Incheon Taipei

All-in-fare

from THB 3,990

Those prices are "FROM", not all those destinations are THB3,990

FLY-THRU (Connecting flights)

All-in-fare from

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Perth THB 4,990

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast THB 5,990

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Sydney THB 5,990

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne THB 6,090

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Hangzhou (Shanghai) THB 4,190

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Chengdu THB 4,190

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Osaka THB 4,790

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Tokyo THB 4,790

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Seoul THB 4,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Sydney THB 5,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast THB 5,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne THB 5,890

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Hangzhou (Shanghai) THB 3,990

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Chengdu THB 3,990

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Osaka THB 4,590

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Tokyo THB 4,590

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Seoul THB 4,590

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr0751001.page?button

• Like 1

Just checked flights from KL to Gold Coast for early Oct' and they are nearly twice as much as a couple of weeks ago. Am I missing something?

The sale has not started yet, check after midnight or in the morning.

Last month on an AA sale I snagged Ubon/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur/Sydney return for two people including insurance for THB22,000

Bugger!

I booked Burma earlier today assuming it was a sale price jerk.gif

All-in-fare from

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Hangzhou (Shanghai) THB 4,190

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Chengdu THB 4,190

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Osaka THB 4,790

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Tokyo THB 4,790

Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Seoul THB 4,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Sydney THB 5,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Gold Coast THB 5,790

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne THB 5,890

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Hangzhou (Shanghai) THB 3,990

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Chengdu THB 3,990

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Osaka THB 4,590

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Tokyo THB 4,590

Phuket - Kuala Lumpur - Seoul THB 4,590

http://www.airasia.c...001.page?button

Sometimes cheaper to book separate sectors rather than through fares, check first before paying the through fare.

If it is cheaper, just ensure there is enough connecting time, use their times as a guide.

The sale is on...

It's a bit slow and you end up back in the waiting room after 10 mins.

Just bagged 2 return flights BKK to Perth for 21K, I'm happy with that :)

Mind you I didn't have any intention of going, just a sucker for a bargain...

What is there to do in Perth ??? Or should I start another thread clap2.gif

• Like 1

All-in-fare from

<snip>

Sometimes cheaper to book separate sectors rather than through fares, check first before paying the through fare.

If it is cheaper, just ensure there is enough connecting time, use their times as a guide.

But ... if you are transiting through the LCCC at KL, (say BKK - KL - OOL/SYD etc) and have booked your through ticket accordingly, then you don't need to go through Immigration, collect your bag, go back through Immigration etc.

All-in-fare from

<snip>

But ... if you are transiting through the LCCC at KL, (say BKK - KL - OOL/SYD etc) and have booked your through ticket accordingly, then you don't need to go through Immigration, collect your bag, go back through Immigration etc.

No probs if you can save a couple of thousand baht, you have plenty of time

Thought, I'll book a flight on 23-12 to P.P. instead of a border run. A whopping THB 8,000 popped up.

There are probably 2 seats available.......no lie in the Big Sale. hit-the-fan.gif

I'm a big fan of Air Asia, but couldn't find anything at all for the dates and destinations over the Christmas or New Year periods that I was looking for. They mention that these fares are not available during the embargo period, but they don't say what the embargo period is, probably the holiday periods I was looking for.

I notice they quote an all in price now, that's good, but they don't break down the Airport charges and fees, a figure of 1000 Baht is quoted out of BKK of which 700 Baht is the departure tax, I wonder what the rest is, I assume it's detailed on their website somewhere.

Thought, I'll book a flight on 23-12 to P.P. instead of a border run. A whopping THB 8,000 popped up.

There are probably 2 seats available.......no lie in the Big Sale. hit-the-fan.gif

You really expect them to discount prices around Christmas/New Year ?

Edited by cardholder

You really expect them to discount prices around Christmas/New Year - DOH !

DOH ?????

They did last year

I took the DOH off O.G. because it sounded too harsh - I am very surprised that got a discount last year because that is not usual for an airline to do so in the 20th - 31st December period.

I am looking at a month earlier and it is coming out at 4,000 Baht for 2 people.

I am very surprised that got a discount last year because that is not usual for an airline to do so in the 20th - 31st December period.

So was I, ,I know from experience how busy airports are during that period, probably just struck lucky, it was to Singapore and I booked during one of their smaller promotions, we paid a tad under 6,000 for the two of us, less that half what they are quoting this year.

I am looking at a month earlier and it is coming out at 4,000 Baht for 2 people.

Where to?

I am very surprised that got a discount last year because that is not usual for an airline to do so in the 20th - 31st December period.

So was I, ,I know from experience how busy airports are during that period, probably just struck lucky, it was to Singapore and I booked during one of their smaller promotions, we paid a tad under 6,000 for the two of us, less that half what they are quoting this year.

Where to?

Sorry - Phnom Penh - another poster was quoted 8,000 for one person on 23rd December

I was the muppet who booked Burma yesterday thinking the sale had already started ! Cost me 60 Quid more than if I had waited until today.

You really expect them to discount prices around Christmas/New Year - DOH !

DOH ?????

They did last year

I took the DOH off O.G. because it sounded too harsh .

Is DOH the equivalent of the American DUH? tongue.png

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Wikki:

/ˈdoʊ/ DOH) is a catchphrase used by the fictional character Homer Simpson, from the long-running American animated sitcom The Simpsons

You really expect them to discount prices around Christmas/New Year ?

They are to Viet Nam.

Just got my Christmas and New Years hols booked.

Now waiting for the next promo for the Tet holidays in February.

I'm a big fan of Air Asia, but couldn't find anything at all for the dates and destinations over the Christmas or New Year periods that I was looking for. They mention that these fares are not available during the embargo period, but they don't say what the embargo period is, probably the holiday periods I was looking for.

I notice they quote an all in price now, that's good, but they don't break down the Airport charges and fees, a figure of 1000 Baht is quoted out of BKK of which 700 Baht is the departure tax, I wonder what the rest is, I assume it's detailed on their website somewhere.

The fees are fuel surcharge and airport taxes.

But they are not 'all in fares' as you still have to pay for bags, seats, convenience fee, food if you want it and insurance if you can't figure out how to avoid it.

I just returned 4 days ago from HKT to OOL, i just had a look at the airfares from OOL to HKT for the rest of the year, and in my opinion they have gone up about 1/3. I'm thinking possibly it's one less competitor, with the demise of Air Australia.

I see no bargains in fact emirates prices direct seem about the same, when you factor in Air Asia's extra charges.

Air Asia always uses fake sales for marketing...and the prices on their website vs at the counter are never the same, and they do not provide free water or snack on the CNX-BKK route like Nok Air does.

Good thing their stewardesses are hot.