Songkran....Who Is Playing And Who Is Not

Huayrat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to like the older and more traditional scented water in a small bowl and asking permission of elders by younger folks to sprinkle some and the truer meaning of it all. I have long avoided, to the extent it is possible, the free for all soaking via buckets or hoses and will venture no further than nearby food and drink stores when absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

staying out of patters, unhless essential in the pick up, glady take on the morons in the road pumping water into people eyes with those illegal pump guns.

But probably for the last few days head out of town,, sigh then the music festival to clog up the traffic again. so nearly a month free pattaya town

Bring it on.....got the pickup primed....big buckets cleaned n ready....greased n oiled the pump action terminator.....ice store sorted and waiting.......tis a hoot.....thank god the grumpy old bastards will be locked away peeking behind the curtains....or left town.

Diddums...if you get a bit wet.....I can understand the poms not liking it.

Edited by samsiam

Bring it on.....got the pickup primed....big buckets cleaned n ready....greased n oiled the pump action terminator.....ice store sorted and waiting.......tis a hoot.....thank god the grumpy old bastards will be locked away peeking behind the curtains....or left town.

Or left the Country, for Privacy,from the Adult children.

It rains nearly everyday in England so just be like back home for us English boys

You enjoy it dude, I am sure the time will fly and before you know it you will be all growed up.

• Like 1

"Who is stocking up on beer..."

I'll be stocking up on food, but I usually have a good stock anyway. It's a good time to pick up a turkey.

I'm looking forward to a good week of training at California Wow as the gym will be a lot quieter than usual.

I never leave my room anyway so it won't make any difference.

I suggest stocking up on beer before 7th of April because of the funeral of some King relative,

there won't be any bar open until 11th IIRC, and in all likelyhood there won't be any beer for sale either

What was your major at university? Thuggish behaviour? What ever makes you think that you have the right to soak passers by with dirty water containing, at times, lumps of ice? In a civilised country you you render yourself open to a charge of breaching the peace or common assault, but then you are not from a fully civilised country are you?

If the moronic element would limit their activities to the area between Beach and Second Roads I wouldn't care but nowhere is safe. Do give some consideration to what your attitude will be when you are further down life's road. You can do that can't you?

What was your major at university? Thuggish behaviour? What ever makes you think that you have the right to soak passers by with dirty water containing, at times, lumps of ice? In a civilised country you you render yourself open to a charge of breaching the peace or common assault, but then you are not from a fully civilised country are you?

If the moronic element would limit their activities to the area between Beach and Second Roads I wouldn't care but nowhere is safe. Do give some consideration to what your attitude will be when you are further down life's road. You can do that can't you?

Gee....some grumps do go a tad over the top about celebrating something in another country that the people of that country embrace fully and have a hoot....

'What gives me the right'.....what a strange and twisted view.

Water fights....woohoo...

Gee....some grumps do go a tad over the top about celebrating something in another country that the people of that country embrace fully and have a hoot....

'What gives me the right'.....what a strange and twisted view.

Water fights....woohoo...

"Water fights ...woohoo.." are not part of Thai culture and are not embraced by them - only the moronic minority add ice and pump guns !

An Australian, unfamiliar with culture, may think otherwise.

• Like 1

You forgot a very important item: making sure your medical insurance is paid up to date....with that attitude, you will likely need it.

Like a sinking ship....the rats scramble for the last dry perch.

The fun nazis are deserting their ships....off you go...watch out for the puddles...

Sorry to burst that little balloon, but those of us leaving are gonna have a fabulous time in Angeles City and elsewhere. Which is better: huggin' on a Vietnamese beauty (have you seen those ladies? OMG), enjoying perfect freedom of travel to a variety of nice bars and restaurants, enjoying the sunset over a quiet CLEAN bay, drink in hand--or fighting tiresome, childish idiots throwing dirty water, powder, and ice in Pattaya for 7 days? Obvious, innit? I'd say the fun nazis are the Songkraners, since they maliciously force others to "participate."

Ironically, those of us leaving will have an even better time than we usually do in PTY. Cheers!

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

You forgot a very important item: making sure your medical insurance is paid up to date....with that attitude, you will likely need it.

Yes it is up to date and thanks for your concern.....yes....such a bad attitude I have to enjoy the best time of year in Thailand.