Major Police Check Highway 121

Tywais

On highway 121, ring road 3 I believe, a few hundred meters from the Samoeng/Hang Dong intersection there was a major police presence (high way patrol). Dozens of cones up narrowing both sides of the road to basically car width only. A dozen or so vehicles pulled over to the side of the road already. When I approached the BIB put his hand up for me to stop, came over and looked closely at the tax sticker. Appeared to be comparing the sticker plate information with the car plates as the number 2556 can be seen at a distance.

Seems early for Songkran check point plus in the many years driving that road to work never seen a check point like that set up. There was even a large flat bed trailer pulled off to the side. When he approached the passenger side of my car I did roll the window down expecting more but he was just interested in the tax sticker and waved me on.

Something up in Chiang Mai?

Came through the same roadblock about 9.30am, waved straight through with hardly a look.

Perhaps the trusty Isuzu and I look honest. tongue.png

Same here.

You drive an Isuzu also? biggrin.png

Guess my Civic 2.0 warranted a closer look. Though with my Wing 41 sticker and university sticker would thought they would at least saluted me. laugh.png

The check point to there at least twice a month - every month

Where? The spot I mentioned on 121? As I've been driving that route for 15 years and that is the 1st one at that spot of that magnitude I've seen.

Where? The spot I mentioned on 121? As I've been driving that route for 15 years and that is the 1st one at that spot of that magnitude I've seen.

Nawarat Bridge I think is the reference.

I also use the 121 almost everyday and have never seen such a roadblock there. Seemed to be more than just a tax disk or whatever check but who knows!

Nawarat Bridge I think is the reference.

Thanks, guess no surprise there.