Bottle Of Aspirin

DixiePig

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, this thread maybe explains the conversation yesterday at the pharmacy in Tops (Chang Puek). Asked for Asprin and was told they don't have it. Yet I could see the packs I normally buy and pointed to them to be told "that's not aspirin, that's Bayer" rolleyes.gif

this is good news although slightly confusing - I was in Makro pharmacy section the other day and the pharmicist definitely said baby aspirin is 'banned'

Are you sure you didn't pronounce "baby aspirin' like "pseudoephedrine"?

http://en.wikipedia....Pseudoephedrine

It is perhaps possible to the Thai ear, that is what they hear. Of course, there is a new directive banning all over the counter sales of any medication containing pseudoephedrine. It's been front page news (now page 2 or 3) for weeks in all the Thai press. Huge hospital drug trafficking scandal; PSE to Myanmar, where it is converted to yaa baa, and smuggled back to Thailand.

Maybe the confused are asking for a aspirin-combined-with-pseudoephedrine medication? As in an over the counter medication....aspirin combined with something for cold, cough, congestion? Click on the above link to Wiki to see what I'm talking about.

Perhaps we naysayers (aspirin not banned) are wrong on this issue; I will email Dr. Morgan forthwith and get to the bottom of this "banned aspirin" topic.

Hold the line, please.

No the grumpy lady specifically said there had been cases of Thais taking too many Aspirin and hence it was banned

Doctor's orders: take 1 x 100mg Aspirin daily.

It's for blood thinning/hypertension.

The really strong stuff for arthritic pains is tucked away for the 'winter'!!

I wouldn't mind betting on what's been withdrawn from sale, and that's tablets containing psuedoephidrine. It's been on very restricted sale in Australia for some years now, and ID is required, usually driver's licence, and for sure that goes into the computer network within seconds, to catch those 'shopping around'.

Many, many pharmacies around town now have the letter from the government taped on to their front-door stating that it is illegal to sell any medication containing pseudoephedrine.

Just as an experiment when I was at a local pharmacy the other night I asked if they carry aspirin. They pharmacist's husband pulled out tablets of 60 mg., 81 mg., 100 mg., 325 mg. and I forget what else. He asked "what strength do you want?". He did say that the stocks in Thailand were limited on 60 and 81 mg. because the factory of the main company that makes them had damage to their pill making machine during the floods and were awaiting delivery of the new machine. But other factories are still making them but in smaller quantities.

Many, many pharmacies around town now have the letter from the government taped on to their front-door stating that it is illegal to sell any medication containing pseudoephedrine.

Just as an experiment when I was at a local pharmacy the other night I asked if they carry aspirin. They pharmacist's husband pulled out tablets of 60 mg., 81 mg., 100 mg., 325 mg. and I forget what else. He asked "what strength do you want?". He did say that the stocks in Thailand were limited on 60 and 81 mg. because the factory of the main company that makes them had damage to their pill making machine during the floods and were awaiting delivery of the new machine. But other factories are still making them but in smaller quantities.

well that's conclusive then :) my father had 2 strokes and 2 heart attacks so about time I started to take the lowest dose ones