If Not Candy

tuky

Following on from What gender is this name

Our first daughter is named Kitty, and my wife's family believe that all the kids names need to sound alike, or start with the same sound ie Don and Dum, or Nok and Nut etc. for good luck (they named on of theri 4 daughters with a different name and she died before she turned 1).

So I thought Kitty and Candy would be nice. My wife insists that Candy is a man's name and she is not too keen on using the name Candy.

So what names can you folks think of that would fit the criteria?

I can't seem to get passed Candy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Following on from What gender is this name

Our first daughter is named Kitty, and my wife's family believe that all the kids names need to sound alike, or start with the same sound ie Don and Dum, or Nok and Nut etc. for good luck (they named on of theri 4 daughters with a different name and she died before she turned 1).

So I thought Kitty and Candy would be nice. My wife insists that Candy is a man's name and she is not too keen on using the name Candy.

So what names can you folks think of that would fit the criteria?

I can't seem to get passed Candy.

kristy?

google "boys names K" and you'll get lots like:

Kieran Irish meaning little dark one

Kiernan/Kearnan Originally an Irish surname. Derived from the word ciar meaning black.

Kim Old English meaning royally bold. Also used as a girls name

Kingsley Old English meaning king's wood or king's meadow

Kirk Old Norse meaning church

Kish Hebrew meaning gift

Kristofer Danish meaning bearer of Christ

Kurniawan Indonesian meaning a gift from God

Kwame Ghana, West Africa meaning Born on Saturday

Kyle From the Gaelic caol meaning narrow. Often used in the study of an areas surface to denote a narrow strait or channel - particularly in Scotland.

of course you could do this for girl's names too....it isn't clear to me in your OP if you wanted girls names or boys names.

Edited by chownah

Brit took the words right out of my mouth:

Katie, Kate, Kaitlin, Kata, Kasey, Krista.

edit: By the way, Candy sounds like a stripper's name. I was almost named Divina Joy by a temporarily insane mother.

Edited by kat

no good idea

we thais (esp. nasty ones) will slang it to clitoris!

agree with GFB ...mai dee name :D

kyra kiara ...love it

chloe'(ko-eh) is cool (but if any kid call my baby =cloaca , i will slap them parents :o )

other ideas

http://123-baby-names.com/k_1.html

http://www.babynamenetwork.com/baby_names/...m?gender=female

Edited by BambinA

Definitely not "Candy"! Please!

What about these....any one of these will go very well with Kitty....

Kira...Kissee...Kyla...Keri...Kari...Kassi...Catha...Kathy...Kati...Kate...Kaile

..Kala...kay...Kat...Kali...Cali

Edited by BKK90210

I have only known girls with the name 'Candy.' I love that name too.

Maybe if you named her 'Kandy' rather than 'Candy' it would be more appealing to your wife.

If you name her Kitty Kat Kandy and she used her initials to sign documents, she may have trouble signing in to hotels in certain black areas in the USA. :o

I think Chrissie is a nice name, but then I'm called Martin.

im shocked you haven't suggested chelsea lamps!!

No, better she be named after a proper team, but Liv doesn't sount close enough to Kitty, though Chelsea could be described as someting that does rhyme with Kitty :o

cv

My daughter's nick-name is Candy. Her real name is Catillia which is a kind of orchid (though diff spelling).

Sure, i had many a laugh with my Farang buddies before about the connotations with - stripper.

However, since she is being brought up in Thailand and not the west, the Thais have no idea about any novelist coin-phrasing the name in this regard.

'Candy' is also similar in meaning to 'Khanom', a Thai name which translates to 'a sweet, cake etc....' Khanom mainly a girl's name, not a boy's.

I also chose Candy cause the Thai names such as 'Cindy', Cherry etc... are already quite popular. I dont know of anyone else who has a daughter in Thailand called 'Candy'.

I have had a lot of positive feedback to the name 'Candy' from Thais. My Farang buddies like the juicy connotations of the name but agree at the end of the day its a cute Thai-style Farang name.

Best to stick to a maximum of two syllables when giving a nickname.