Scb E Mails

bangkokrick

I have been receiving the following e mail several times over the past week. I am sure that this is a scam, so have obviously taken no action. Just wondering how they got my e mail address and also is anyone else getting them?

Dear Customer,

SCB activated the new ( SCB-M-B221 Security )

Due to increased security problem, we have increased the level of online security. Your account was disabled for verification. You are required to re-activate your account now to avoid suspension.

Activate : https://www.scbeasy.com/account.aspx

Thank you.

Siam Commercial Bank.

Received a WARNING e-mail from SCB today that their are scam e-mails going round and that SCB does NEVER send out mails and asking you to verify your identity...

So to the OP, yes this is spam, delete it and forget it.

How they got your e-mail address? Can be bought 1'000 for few $

Received a WARNING e-mail from SCB today that their are scam e-mails going round and that SCB does NEVER send out mails and asking you to verify your identity...

Yes i guess you are correct regarding the mail addresses. There is no privacy nowadays.

Yes i guess you are correct regarding the mail addresses. There is no privacy nowadays.

That is why I have several mail addresses... the one I have for banking relations (like with SCB) is never used in any other place, I have another one for close friends (knowing that sometimes THEY loose my mail address to fraudsters) and for newsletters, open forums, social websites etc. I have again a different mail address... and for special cases, I am using 10-minute mail accounts or open a hotmail throw-away account.

Takes some logging to keep track, but this way I can be pretty sure what I receive where and which accounts are exposed and which are not.

That is why I have several mail addresses... the one I have for banking relations (like with SCB) is never used in any other place, I have another one for close friends (knowing that sometimes THEY loose my mail address to fraudsters) and for newsletters, open forums, social websites etc. I have again a different mail address... and for special cases, I am using 10-minute mail accounts or open a hotmail throw-away account.

Takes some logging to keep track, but this way I can be pretty sure what I receive where and which accounts are exposed and which are not.

That sounds like a sensible approach albeit fairly complicated. I might take a leaf out of your book and use a few more addresses as you suggest.