90 Day Report

gennisis

Just to report that on Tuesday I posted my 90 day report for renewal and it was returned with the new date slip today...Saturday.

This was the first time I had applied by post after reading advise on the forum. Obviously much more convenient that applying in person with immigration crowded these days.

So,being able to prebook my annual permission to stay...already done for November...and postal 90 day reporting,life will be so much easier.

• Like 1

Will give it a go myself since I'm reading success stories now. And thanks McG for the specifics on CM immigration mailing address, I've saved it to the computer. Now just have to go buy some large envelopes.

I sent my report by Express Mail on March 26. It was delivered to CM Immigration March 27. I have not received as of today, April 2.

MSPain

Curious why you sent it to CM immigration? Last time I reported by mail had to send to BKK. According to the government immigration website http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days :

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,

LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Was surprised by the next day return considering it was during the floods. Impressive service!

Edited by Paagai

Curious why you sent it to CM immigration? Last time I reported by mail had to send to BKK. According to the government immigration website http://www.immigrati...php?page=90days :

There are several reports of members using mail to CM immigration successfully. Also, the 90 day report mailing address for CM immigration is online. Maybe previously they had to go to Bangkok but CM is accepting them now.

Curious why you sent it to CM immigration? Last time I reported by mail had to send to BKK. According to the government immigration website http://www.immigrati...php?page=90days :

There are several reports of members using mail to CM immigration successfully. Also, the 90 day report mailing address for CM immigration is online. Maybe previously they had to go to Bangkok but CM is accepting them now.

Also, the address on the CM Immigration web site is different than has been posted in some of the forums for Chiang Mai. One problem for some people is that the instructions on the CM site are only in Thai, as far as I can find. I asked the post office to check the address to be sure I had it correct.

MSPain

Also, the address on the CM Immigration web site is different than has been posted in some of the forums for Chiang Mai. One problem for some people is that the instructions on the CM site are only in Thai, as far as I can find. I asked the post office to check the address to be sure I had it correct.

I'll repost the notice that McGriffith posted in another topic. Thanks McG for that.

post-566-0-73152100-1333377821_thumb.jpg

This is from the 90 day reporting instructions on the Chiang Mai Immigration web site:

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ (แจ้ง 90 วัน)

• 1 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200
  • โทรศัพท์ 053-201755-6 โทรสาร 053-277510

Translated by Google and the man at the post office told me this is correct translation:

Immigration Chiang Mai (to 90 days) 1 Moo 3, Tambon Suthep, Chiang Mai 50200.

Tel: 053-201755-6 Fax 053-277510.

I am not trying to tell anyone to use one address or the other. I am just pointing out the difference. I have been told in the past by people at the counter at Immigration that I could not mail it in. I guess different interpretations.

I wonder what address Gennisis sent his paperwork to.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

This is from the 90 day reporting instructions on the Chiang Mai Immigration web site:

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่ (แจ้ง 90 วัน)

• 1 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200
  • โทรศัพท์ 053-201755-6 โทรสาร 053-277510

Translated by Google and the man at the post office told me this is correct translation:

Immigration Chiang Mai (to 90 days) 1 Moo 3, Tambon Suthep, Chiang Mai 50200.

Tel: 053-201755-6 Fax 053-277510.

I am not trying to tell anyone to use one address or the other. I am just pointing out the difference. I have been told in the past by people at the counter at Immigration that I could not mail it in. I guess different interpretations.

I wonder what address Gennisis sent his paperwork to.

MSPain

One characteristic of the Thais in general is that if they don't know something, they will make something up.

I'll repost the notice that McGriffith posted in another topic. Thanks McG for that.

post-566-0-73152100-1333377821_thumb.jpg

Mr McG has been sending it in and receiving it back for 2 years......I have no reason to doubt he's sending it to the right place.

Uptheos: I have no reason to doubt it either... I don't think I indicated that I did doubt it. As I put in one post, I am not saying which address anyone should use, I was pointing out the difference. My papers were delivered the day after I sent them, so both addresses must work.

Mesquite: I understand your post now. Thanks.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Uptheos: I have no reason to doubt it either... I don't think I indicated that I did doubt it.

Does seem a bit confusing. I don't doubt that you are not doubting it. biggrin.png Your translation is spot on with the only difference being Changwat Chiang Mai. The Changwat part is not necessary though for English. The one by McG has a rather generic term, Sanambin Road - Airport Road which is a bit odd as I thought that was Mahidol Road.

Would be good for all those that have successfully submitted via mail their 90 day report what exact address you used.

I've been doing the 90-day report by post since about mid-last year. I always send to the C.M. address by registered post a full 14 days before the due date. Each time, without fail, the return comes back to me about 3-4 days after the due date. So almost 3 weeks from the time I send it to when I get it back. Interesting how some are getting theirs back in 2-3 days.

Would be good for all those that have successfully submitted via mail their 90 day report what exact address you used.

I have always used the same one as mcgriffith.

That's the one I plan on using also due to his 2 year success rate.

Uptheos: I have no reason to doubt it either... I don't think I indicated that I did doubt it. As I put in one post, I am not saying which address anyone should use, I was pointing out the difference. My papers were delivered the day after I sent them, so both addresses must work.

MSPain

My returned envelope has been stamped by immigration...

Chiangmai Immigration.

71,Sanambin Rd.

T.Suthep.

A.Muang.

Chiangmai 50200.

MSPain

Chiangmai Immigration.

71,Sanambin Rd.

T.Suthep.

A.Muang.

Chiangmai 50200.

Thanks.

MSPain

MSPain

Chiangmai Immigration.

71,Sanambin Rd.

T.Suthep.

A.Muang.

Chiangmai 50200.

What I find a bit amusing is when they issued the address in English, the reason for using 'Sanambin Rd' as opposed to 'Airport Rd' ?

And under Location on the Chiang Mai Immigration web site:

Office

71 Moo 3, Airport Road, T. Suthep, A. Muang, Chiang Mai, with an area of approximately 3 acres.

Mine got there and obviously all the other ones got there. Seems to me a bit strange on the "71" and "1".

MSPain

Relax you guys. I've been doing it by post to the above address for more than 3 years now and have never been dissappointed. I do remember I was a bit nervous the first time, and had my wife call them when I hadn't received the return envelop after a week. They told me "don't worry, call us back if you haven't received it after a month". Some times it takes just a few days, some times it takes over a week. I do have a copy of the old reciept I send in, along with the reciept from the post for the registered mail, so I figure I'm good if anyone wants to make a problem for me.

• Like 1

Office

71 Moo 3, Airport Road, T. Suthep, A. Muang, Chiang Mai, with an area of approximately 3 acres.

Mine got there and obviously all the other ones got there. Seems to me a bit strange on the "71" and "1".

MSPain

Good to see immigration maintaining their inconsistency. biggrin.png

What I find a bit amusing is when they issued the address in English, the reason for using 'Sanambin Rd' as opposed to 'Airport Rd' ?

Why is that funny? Just about all road names (those that aren't named after a person or place) have a valid translation in English.

Imagine looking at a map and suddenly finding a 'Sportsfield Road', 'Prosperous Nation Road', 'Crystal Creek Drive', 'Raft Pier Road', 'Flower Garden Gate', 'Spotted Cow Rd' and 'White Elephant Station'? wink.png

The only time this happened in Thailand it proved a major source of confusion. This was of course Witthayu Rd in Bangkok, which to this day is sometimes called Wireless Road.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Office

MSPain

Good to see immigration maintaining their inconsistency. biggrin.png

That's nothing, Uptheos. The contact link has an address slightly different than those - kind of a mix of them.

Higgy... nothing to relax about... I have nothing else to do.

MSPain

Why is that funny? Just about all road names (those that aren't named after a person or place) have a valid translation in English.

Imagine looking at a map and suddenly finding a 'Sportsfield Road', 'Prosperous Nation Road', 'Crystal Creek Drive', 'Raft Pier Road', 'Flower Garden Gate', 'Spotted Cow Rd' and 'White Elephant Station'? wink.png

The only time this happened in Thailand it proved a major source of confusion. This was of course Witthayu Rd in Bangkok, which to this day is sometimes called Wireless Road.

I'll inform the Chiang Mai Immigration website to change to Sanambin......heaven forbid we confuse the already confused.